DDM Tuning Apexcone Raptor HID Kit - $30 plus shipping

No, I believe what he's referring to is for the sake of other drivers. Regular scatter beam halogen headlight housings scatter(as the name suggests) the light beam, and when you're adding that much more light output, it's like driving with your high-beams on all the time. It's been explained much more technically on here somewhere before, but just think of it as if you were the other guy- how annoying is it when you're driving down a dark road only to have someone coming the other way with their high-beams on?

Him, and everyone else thinking these plug and play HID kits are cool.

Retrofitting and doing real research about HID's has taught me a lot.

I can't remember if I said this here or elsewhere, if you need more light than a 35w kit provides, aim it where it belongs, don't just add more.

you could always use a casper shield. it is not better than a retro fit, but its a lot better than blinding everyone and its a cheap solution.

if that means the shield over the bottom of the bulb, I have it, and I stand by my statement even with it. Oddly my gf's jeep casts a MUCH better pattern with non-shielded HID bulbs than mine does with.

It's a shield that blocks the top part of the bulb to reduce glare. It's very common for H4 bulbs but I haven't seen any for H7's.

never seen em on h7's at all, h4's and other bi-beam bulbs ive seen has the shield,
btw bulbs are on sale for 15 bucks, and about another 10 bucks for shipping right now :)
ima pick up some 5K's or 4300K?

+1... however I wonder if its not a ballast/igniter issue. also, does turning the car on/leaving the car off change the result when you have this problem? this will change the voltage the ballast is getting, which at least MIGHT be part of the problem.

You got it right!
It is the ballast!
The passenger ballast would misfire. To troubleshoot it I swapped the ballast around and now the driver side misfires.

Now I hope DDM Tuning will not only honor the lifetime warranty but also help me by saving me the work of uninstalling the entire kit and instead maybe just send me one replacement ballast and let me return the faulty one after the new one is received.

has anyone tried the anti flicker harness/capacitors?

I use one since I have 55w ballasts now. I didn't need one for my 35w but it's good insurance to get one anyway to make sure your ballasts are getting good, clean power.

ive heard you could modify a h4 casper shield to fit an h7 but ive never seen it either. casper shields are hard to come by nowadays though and only work for certain headlight designs. a retro is always better but a casper wouldnt hurt

Lol people keep asking I they should buy the harness. It's friggn 15 bucks. Not like youre going to pay out the ass for a little insurance. All cars are different and I'd rather have one inseateaf of finding out I need one after installing the hids and paying/waiting for shipping.

I would love to see all of the different mounting places everybody has used for the ballasts.

I installed mine the other day and got creative with it. I pulled the front bumper and mounted them inside the fender. They are up high and they won't get hit by any dirt or water, plus they are completely hidden. Wish I would have taken pics of the install, but I will take some of the wiring.

As far as looks go that is better but if anything happens you're gonna hate youself for having to take off the bumper each time something happens.

Back