Mike's 2018 CX-9 Signature

So far, so good! Don't sweat the battery, its a consumable and batteries in general don't seem to last as long as they used to for whatever reason. At least we're not forced into using a more expensive AGM battery, I've had to replace the AGM battery on my dad's 2018 Equinox twice already. For the cost of those two batteries, I could have bought a brand new battery for my CX-9 every winter since I got it! lol
I bought a battery for my wife's Jetta sometime back. Car for totaled (by me 😔) but I was able to get the new Kirkland battery out before it was gone for good... It sat on my concrete garage floor for nearly three years before I decided to hook it up to my 04' Eclipse GTS, now that I fixed the clutch and a handful of other issues.

I had to buy new terminals etc as the Jettas need a battery with the positive terminal on the left side.

Anyways, the thing turned over on the first try with no hesitation. The engine needed to be revved a bit as the gas needed to circulate end all the components back back to life, but needless to say, I was impressed with the battery.

Kirkland for the win.

Swapped in a new battery in the Costco parking lot the other day. Figured I'd take advantage of the nearly empty Return/Warranty line. Original battery was purchased 2 years ago, for $120 CDN. New battery was $150 CDN, but because of the warranty, they refunded the cost of a brand new battery to my debit card, and I just had to buy a new one, effectively resetting the warranty clock to 48 months (y)

20231227_113456.jpg

20231227_115147.jpg

Before the Kirkland stuff, I used to fill with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum or Castrol Edge, and both were $35-38 per 5L jug when they were on sale.
When I did my oil change a couple of months ago, I got a pack of 3 PUP from Amazon. $27 per jug.

Also I just wanted to say I like the way you take care of this car. I'm sure it inspires others to do better.

When I did my oil change a couple of months ago, I got a pack of 3 PUP from Amazon. $27 per jug.

Also I just wanted to say I like the way you take care of this car. I'm sure it inspires others to do better.

Thank you! I do what I can, when I can. (y)

Forgot to post when I topped up with OEM coolant on March 4, 2024. Filled from just above the low mark to slightly above the full mark.

Also did an oil change on March 29, 2024. Almost 109k kms on the odometer.

Back