Guide How To Disable Daytime Running Lights (instructions)

Glad that I have a 2015 with a replaceable headlight bulb. Also enjoy the real handbrake, not a glorified park switch. Going on 7 years now with no bulb replacement needed yet.

Auto hold! Great convenience at long lights.
I pop it into neutral, and apply the emergency brake. When the light turns green, just pop it back into drive, and emergency brake off, and away we go. I usually take off quicker than the people who are in the next lane. Don't even have to apply the brake very hard at all.

I have never understood the point of an electronic e-brake. It's the answer to a question absolutely no one was asking.

It's all about the space available in the center console. electronic PARKING brakes take up less space than their counterparts.

It's all about the space available in the center console. electronic PARKING brakes take up less space than their counterparts.
Also helps for people with physical disabilities (weakness, arthritis, rhumatism, injuries, etc.). Luckily, not my case yet but when I pull the parking brake on my wife's car, she can't get it off.

Auto hold! Great convenience at long lights.
I have auto hold on my 2006 BMW Z4M (6-sp manual) which has a manual parking brake. When you are on a hill and release the brakes, it keeps the car from rolling back for a couple of seconds before the brakes release.

I have auto hold on my 2006 BMW Z4M (6-sp manual) which has a manual parking brake. When you are on a hill and release the brakes, it keeps the car from rolling back for a couple of seconds before the brakes release.
My 6-speed MX-5 also has this auto hold feature. It holds the car for exactly 2 seconds.

I feel like the contrarian in this thread. I like the electric PARKING brake because it can auto engage. I wish I could set that up on my wife's car. She never uses the parking brake unless on a steep hill.

I also like the CX5 autohold brake. It holds the hydraulic brakes for you, it doesn't engage the electric machanical actuation of the rear parking brakes.

If you press the accelerator while on autohold, the car seamlessly accelerates. If you press the gas pedal from parking brake engaged, the rear brakes resist for a moment, and the car crouches while they disengage. On mine they do so sequentially, not simultaneously, or at least they're staggered a bit.

If autohold is enabled, the car engages parking brake when shifter is put into park. Nice.

When I removed that relay on my 2021 Touring edition the car wouldn't start. Previous page owner stated they had a Signature edition.

1631622788334.png

I've tried this 5 times now, following the instructions exactly, and nothing.

Apply Parking Brake.
Hit Ignition Twice.
Wait 2+ seconds.
Hold brake until you start the vehicle.
Off>Parking 5x. then off. (each time taking about 1 second).
Hit hazard lights 10x.
Off>Parking 5x. then off.
Wait 5+ seconds, foot still on brake, start vehicle.

Any suggestions?

View attachment 303005

I've tried this 5 times now, following the instructions exactly, and nothing.

Apply Parking Brake.
Hit Ignition Twice.
Wait 2+ seconds.
Hold brake until you start the vehicle.
Off>Parking 5x. then off. (each time taking about 1 second).
Hit hazard lights 10x.
Off>Parking 5x. then off.
Wait 5+ seconds, foot still on brake, start vehicle.

Any suggestions?
If you’re in Canada, I believe Mazda disabled this official procedure due to the mandate.

This video may help you to verify your steps. But many have to try too many times to make it work.

Keep trying. It took me about 7 to 10 tries before I got it.

Check out youtube vid (shows mazda 3 but it still works on cx5.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc5GsAsoJb0

Thanks for the replies so far. According to the chart, you are supposed to press the hazards (rather than move a switch) 10x. It is a US model.

Thanks for the replies so far. According to the chart, you are supposed to press the hazards (rather than move a switch) 10x. It is a US model.
Yes, you’re right. You press the hazards button 10 times.

Not sure what you can do other than just keep trying.

Or just pull the relay?

Back