2019 CX-5 Coolant problem (CEL = P0126)

So they added a water control valve to the 2.0 and non-CD 2.5L engines as well?
Could you copy or scan and post the latest TSB. The latest one I have is from 4-22-2022, It does not show the 3 parts the dealer says have been added. (see attached file)

I also want to thank all that have commented and are trying to help with this mess. I am about ready to trade it in, take a beating and move on with my life. If I wind up doing so it won't be a Mazda

Attachments

• MAZDA TSB MC-10190956-0001.pdf
    207.4 KB · Views: 178
Could you copy or scan and post the latest TSB. The latest one I have is from 4-22-2022, It does not show the 3 parts the dealer says have been added. (see attached file)

I also want to thank all that have commented and are trying to help with this mess. I am about ready to trade it in, take a beating and move on with my life. If I wind up doing so it won't be a Mazda
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2021/MC-10201766-0001.pdf

Reactions: TJP
.... I am about ready to trade it in, take a beating and move on with my life. ...
I understand that you're upset about the situation with your vehicle, and the very dismal response from Mazda. However, you might want to consider putting up a bit more of a fight, instead of taking a 'beating' by bailing out so quickly.

Although you've not been getting any attention from Corporate so far, these folks might perk up a bit if you start mentioning things such as lawyers, court cases, and making complaints to the NHTSA.

Keep it simple, by saying that your vehicle is very likely to suffer engine damage by running cooler than it should be, for the extended amount of wait time for the parts. So give them the following 2 choices - either provide you with a loaner and take your vehicle off the road until the parts arrive; or give you a (very) extended warranty on the engine.

Now that's what I'd do in your place, however you might prefer some other alternative way to battle this in your own way. But regardless of the specific approach, why not put up a bit more of a fight? If you let them off the hook so easily, then they win and you lose. Try throwing a few punches, and you might be pleasantly surprised by what happens.

I really dislike these gimmicks that Mazda invented to save 1mpg for EPA.
i-Eloop, iStop, CD (cylinder deactivation), etc... all causing issues to owners.
I am not sure we save enough fuel for the extra cost in real world usage.

I personally would choose turbo in order to avoid the CD.

I understand that you're upset about the situation with your vehicle, and the very dismal response from Mazda. However, you might want to consider putting up a bit more of a fight, instead of taking a 'beating' by bailing out so quickly.

Although you've not been getting any attention from Corporate so far, these folks might perk up a bit if you start mentioning things such as lawyers, court cases, and making complaints to the NHTSA.

Keep it simple, by saying that your vehicle is very likely to suffer engine damage by running cooler than it should be, for the extended amount of wait time for the parts. So give them the following 2 choices - either provide you with a loaner and take your vehicle off the road until the parts arrive; or give you a (very) extended warranty on the engine.

Now that's what I'd do in your place, however you might prefer some other alternative way to battle this in your own way. But regardless of the specific approach, why not put up a bit more of a fight? If you let them off the hook so easily, then they win and you lose. Try throwing a few punches, and you might be pleasantly surprised by what happens.
Ed,
if you knew me, you would know that one of my traits is tenacity. If also you knew the amount of time this has consumed and other things on my plate you might understand my thought to just walk away from it. But I have not done so yet. The support I have received on this site is more than I've gotten anywhere else. So once again thank you and all that have responded so far.

Ed,
if you knew me, you would know that one of my traits is tenacity. If also you knew the amount of time this has consumed and other things on my plate you might understand my thought to just walk away from it. But I have not done so yet. The support I have received on this site is more than I've gotten anywhere else. So once again thank you and all that have responded so far.
I agree with edmaz. Consider high price in the car market right now, buying another car isn’t the best time to do it. Worse it’s difficult to get exactly a car you really want. You have all the legit bases to have MNAO do something for you under warranty. Just be patient, and hopefully you’ll get a loaner car to drive until you can get problem fixed.

Keep us posted.

Thank you very much YOU ROCK!!!! Now can you get me the CEO's email in Japan LOL.
That's where I am likely headed. I have a relative who is fluent in Japanese so seeing's how Mazda NA doesn't want to respond so we'll see
Now that's the spirit! Just bypass all of the underlings who are trying to jerk you around, and take your problem directly to the head banana(y)

Now that's the spirit! Just bypass all of the underlings who are trying to jerk you around, and take your problem directly to the head banana(y)
i received the paperwork form the BBB today so I'll start there as the process takes awhile. then onto Hiroshima ;)

i received the paperwork form the BBB today so I'll start there as the process takes awhile. then onto Hiroshima ;)
Although it can't hurt to use every resource at your disposal, my understanding is that BBB does not have very much clout. So if you decide to rattle your saber with Mazda, I suggest using the NHTSA as your primary weapon. That's the organization which actually can force the automakers to take recall actions, and Mazda is likely to pay quite a bit more attention to what you're saying, if they think you're considering filing a complaint with the NHTSA against them. Although this coolant valve is not going to make it into the safety recall category, the automakers greatly prefer to have as few NHTSA complaints filed against them as possible.

Coolant is matched to the content of the seals on the water pump and other sealers so if you chose to use non OEM to save a few buck it may cost you with an early water pump leak/replacement.

Coolant is matched to the content of the seals on the water pump and other sealers so if you chose to use non OEM to save a few buck it may cost you with an early water pump leak/replacement.

I think you meant to post here :D

Although it can't hurt to use every resource at your disposal, my understanding is that BBB does not have very much clout. So if you decide to rattle your saber with Mazda, I suggest using the NHTSA as your primary weapon. That's the organization which actually can force the automakers to take recall actions, and Mazda is likely to pay quite a bit more attention to what you're saying, if they think you're considering filing a complaint with the NHTSA against them. Although this coolant valve is not going to make it into the safety recall category, the automakers greatly prefer to have as few NHTSA complaints filed against them as possible.

After battling this for over a week and spending way too much time doing so, I jumped ship and traded it in with full disclosure to the dealer. They gave me almost what I paid for it which was hard to pass up. And no, I did not buy another Mazda or another foreign country vehicle. After all the research I did, some of which exposed A LOT of shortcomings with Mazda of north America and others I began to lose faith in the company I once believed in. It was still a bittersweet decision but I will sleep better tonight than I have in a while. Tomorrow I can return to my business and other things that need my attention.
I closed the case with the BBB and put postings up on Mazda USA and Japan FB pages.
I Do want to once again thank everyone for their support.

After battling this for over a week and spending way too much time doing so, I jumped ship and traded it in with full disclosure to the dealer. They gave me almost what I paid for it which was hard to pass up. And no, I did not buy another Mazda or another foreign country vehicle. After all the research I did, some of which exposed A LOT of shortcomings with Mazda of north America and others I began to lose faith in the company I once believed in. It was still a bittersweet decision but I will sleep better tonight than I have in a while. Tomorrow I can return to my business and other things that need my attention.
I closed the case with the BBB and put postings up on Mazda USA and Japan FB pages.
Sometimes that is just easier and the right way to go. I wish I had just traded in my domestic vehicle back in 2012 when I pursued a lemon law buyback (and won), but I would’ve broke even trading in vs dealing with months of that fiasco. Sorry to hear you had such a poor experience.

Sorry to hear that but sometimes there’re things more important than getting the car fixed properly. Other than BBB、MNAO、and Japan FB, I hope you can spend some time to register a complaint to NHTSA like edmaz suggested earlier which will be more helpful for those who may encounter similar issue like you.

You did what you needed to do, and I hope you have better luck with whatever you replace the Mazda with.

You might want to turn to social media (Twitter is very effective at this) to air your grievances, including the @mazdausa address in your text. It can't hurt. They do monitor this stuff.

You might want to turn to social media (Twitter is very effective at this) to air your grievances, including the @mazdausa address in your text. It can't hurt. They do monitor this stuff.
I have already lost over an entire week (Seriously) battling the issue. The more I read and researched the more I realized I was wasting my time AS THEY DON'T SEEM TO CARE. I also realized I was definitely not alone in my experience and that there are other more serious issues (oil consumption, windshield's cracking electrical issues, clutch issues and the list goes on) that they also deny/ ignore. I experience the clutch issue myself with an earlier Mazda 3 or 6, at about 28K, rather than deal with it at the time I traded it on a new one knowing that was one way of shoving up their backside ;) . I tried to do the same this time but with the CIL on they lowballed me by ~10K on a trade value. The sales manager said " Sell it to Carvana or Carmax and then I'll be more than happy to sell you a 2022. I would then have to pay sales tax on the full price as opposed to the trade difference, that would be another 1100.00 lost. I was and still am having trouble comprehending the lack of response/ interest from Mazda, Unbelievable after buying their cars for FORTY YEARS.
So in summary, the cars and company I believed in I can no longer. I have contemplated pursuing it further in my spare time but based on my recent experiences and the others I've read about it's likely a waste of time :(

I have already lost over an entire week (Seriously) battling the issue. The more I read and researched the more I realized I was wasting my time AS THEY DON'T SEEM TO CARE. I also realized I was definitely not alone in my experience and that there are other more serious issues (oil consumption, windshield's cracking electrical issues, clutch issues and the list goes on) that they also deny/ ignore. I experience the clutch issue myself with an earlier Mazda 3 or 6, at about 28K, rather than deal with it at the time I traded it on a new one knowing that was one way of shoving up their backside ;) . I tried to do the same this time but with the CIL on they lowballed me by ~10K on a trade value. The sales manager said " Sell it to Carvana or Carmax and then I'll be more than happy to sell you a 2022. I would then have to pay sales tax on the full price as opposed to the trade difference, that would be another 1100.00 lost. I was and still am having trouble comprehending the lack of response/ interest from Mazda, Unbelievable after buying their cars for FORTY YEARS.
So in summary, the cars and company I believed in I can no longer. I have contemplated pursuing it further in my spare time but based on my recent experiences and the others I've read about it's likely a waste of time :(
WOW!!! just wanted to let all know I an email from Mazda customer service wanting to know what part I needed, It's only been about 2-1/2 months LOL, I invited them to have management call me, LOLA

Back