xDJ DUBx's 94 PZ NA8C

Hey wasup Greg. Just stopping by to see your Hot Ride. Im digging the new wheels. You got impeccable taste my friend. And u got the gf into it. Wow, its truly a contagious disease, modding.

No updates recently I know, been busying doing other stuff and what not. After I changed my oil about 1100 miles back, I gained a new leak.. a heavy one. Upon some inspection, I thought it was my VC gasket so I replaced it and cut my VC while I had it off. Also threw on a ricer filter for the time being until turbo install.
312698_256259111062459_100000351155887_870684_6329656_n.jpg

The leak was still around, and after 1100mi I know my oil isn't crispy clear anymore, but the oil leaking is. I started suspecting that the oil wasn't motor oil leaking, I poked around and seen my rack was very wet looking so I checked my PS reservoir. It was very low, so I guess thats whats leaking. I have yet to get under my car and confirm it, but I'm pretty sure thats whats leaking considering my oil level hasn't went down at all even though I've been leaking this fluid a lot. lol. So before turbo install, I am going to depower the rack, remove the pump and all the lines, and loop the lines on the rack. It will be nice to clear up the engine bay some more so no biggie.

I also decided that rather then go back and pay for a touch up tune once I added a fuel rail, I was just going to go ahead and get the fuel rail now so I can get tuned and be done with it. This coming week I will be buying my clutch and fuel rail, this will complete the needed parts for turbo install. I will then depower my steering, install my clutch, get my engine bay detailed so its nice and clean for once, then the MS will go in and I will mess around with tuning while NA until the clutch is broken in properly. Once the clutch is broken in, I will install the fuel rail, injectors, spark plugs and test pipe then adjust the tune to the best of my ability then hopefully the following week, the actual turbo install will go down and soon after, she will get professionally tuned by Church's in Long Beach.

I'm hoping to be boosting by next month, it all really just depends on how long it takes to break in the clutch.

;)

Ordered my clutch from Flyin Miata finally.. after almost a year of horrible slippage, I have FINALLY bought a replacement haha.. I also tried to purchase my fuel rail but FM told me that they're out of stock for an unknown amount of time, I guess their machinist bailed so until they find a new one, no new rails. He basically said not til next year. Sucks but oh well, less money spent lol. I also bought the power steering bypass belt, so once that arrives I will depower my rack and pull all the PS stuff.

So with the clutch and belt bought, and the rail now out of the picture, turbo is actually in my sights now. Once the belt arrives, I will depower my rack, once thats said and done, I will install the clutch and resurface the flywheel, this SHOULD fix my slippage. I will then get the engine bay professionally detailed, and as I'm breaking in the clutch I will start installing turbo stuff like the MSPNP. Once the clutch is broken in, the install will go down then tune. Its almost been a year in the making, I bought the turbo kit on Oct 17th if I remember correctly lol

I plan on looping mine, was just curious if that was the route you're going or full disassembly

I dont feel like getting an alignment right now, so I'm just looping. Whenever I decide to get an alignment, ill probably pull the seals and plug it.

Looping the lines gives the steering a squishy feel and it pulses near lock (from pushing the remaining fluid around). It's a much nicer steering feel with the seals removed and the pinion welded up (eliminates play). Just measure really well and your alignment won't be affected too much when everything goes back together.

Clutch came in today. Glad to finally have this piece with me to throw in, my current clutch is absolute s***. I was however a little disappointed by Flyin Miata, I had the impression they were one of the big dogs when it came to miata performance parts but the news paper packing and shotty rattle can job on the pressure plate with overspray doesn't exactly portray that image. I don't really care, but I mean some of the cheapest parts I've bought were carried better then this piece. Its all about the details! Anyway, hope to install this b**** on the 24th. We'll see.

Also got the 30" 4 rib gatorback belt for the PS bypass. For those of you who don't know the belt setup on a miata, the PS and AC run off the same belt, but the PS has the tensioner on it, so with the PS gone there isn't a way to adjust the new smaller belt without buying a (from what I read) some what rare $100+ idler pulley setup to be able to still adjust the belt for the AC. I also read however that this belt is suppose to be the perfect size to slip on with some elbow grease and luck. Suppose to keep the AC working proper and not squeal, all without a tensioner. We shall see.. worse comes to worse, a local has a idle pulley for $45 so I'll scoop that up if this belt alone doesn't work out. I will be depowering the steering this weekend along with my buddy ricks, aww yea ;)

Not to defend them or anything of the sort, but I do know that 3/4 of the office is at the Targa Newfoundland right now, so it may have been a quick job. Dunno. I've been talking with Jeremy for the last two weeks about my car and I know they're crazy busy

After pulling everything, making a big mess and finally blowing out all the possible power steering fluid yesterday, my rack is now de-powered and looped. Low/no speed sucks pretty bad, but I'll get use to it. I love how it feels driving though, its great. The belt also worked like a charm, was a slight b**** to get on but the AC still works perfect and no squeals, its pretty damn tight. Once we finished up mine, we did my buddy Rick's lol.

With that done, I will be installing my clutch this coming saturday. After that I will get the engine bay a proper detail and start installing turbo add ons while the clutch is breaking in.

We're almost to boost people <3

Got the engine bay detailed, as well as the rest of the car washed, buffed and waxed. I never posted pics, but for those of you who have seen my car in person or noticed in pics, my trunk was completely ******. It was oxidized and even when clean was an ash white color that was very noticeable. It was also very grainy and rough. Well the guy took a buffer to it for a good half hour and pulled some gloss out of it, still got some bad spots but its actually black now, and smooth as glass so I'm pretty happy about that for the time being until I get the autokonexion trunk :)

I tried to get some pics of the PS removed but with it being dark, I couldn't really get a good picture.

Its an awful picture to say the least, but I really like it for some reason.

Back