What have you done to your CX-9 today?

I agree with the extra stress by the spacers but it should not alter movement where the coils would touch each other. Even if you bottom out and ride on the bump stop, the coils should not touch. Either design flaw or manufacturing defect
Exactly, they should never touch unless it was designed to be a dead coil. Which makes be believe it was a design flaw or a defect. The springs are on their way back to Corksport right now. This is all documented so I’ll compare everything when the new ones get here.

Surprisingly, no accidents spotted on my way in to work this morning. This was the first snowfall worth calling a snowfall this year. Business as usual with the CX-9. (y)

20240111_070606.jpg

20240111_070757.jpg

Wasn’t actually today and still dealing with a couple of issues but… lowered on CEIKA coil overs.
Issue I am having is lowering the rear without removing the upper and lower rubber isolators.

I have been going back and forth with CEIKA and the sent me a replacement rear adjustable spring perch which made a small difference but eventually had to remover the upper and lower rubber isolators and the “lock nut” on the adjuster and set it to the lowest possible to get the drop I am looking for.

I would really like to be able to get the car this low with the isolators to avoid the spring being metal on metal on the bottom and the perch sitting directly on the metal support on the top.

Am I just looking for too much? Has anyone else lowered their 9 to this height and still using rubber isolators? Maybe replacement ones instead of factory ones?

FYI. 22x10.5 38 offset wheels with 285/40/22 Atlas force uhp tires.
IMG_4744.jpeg
IMG_4687.jpeg

Am I just looking for too much? Has anyone else lowered their 9 to this height and still using rubber isolators? Maybe replacement ones instead of factory ones?

FYI. 22x10.5 38 offset wheels with 285/40/22 Atlas force uhp tires. View attachment 325570View attachment 325571

I'm not familiar with the rubber isolators you mentioned, but is it possible to modify them? Like cutting them in half for example, similar to what CorkSport recommends (cutting the bump stops) when installing their springs?

I'm not familiar with the rubber isolators you mentioned, but is it possible to modify them? Like cutting them in half for example, similar to what CorkSport recommends (cutting the bump stops) when installing their springs?
Not possible to cut in half. Unfortunately. They need to be thinner. As you can see in the picture. They are about the same thickness as one of the adjustment nuts so putting the top and bottom on raises the car like an inch.

Attachments

• IMG_4679.jpeg
    IMG_4679.jpeg
    69.7 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_4672.jpeg
    IMG_4672.jpeg
    103.6 KB · Views: 29
It's been pretty quiet in here lately..

Topped up the coolant yesterday.
View attachment 326473
I now have 109,000 miles on my 2018 GT, replacement engine has 41,000 miles on it and is running strong, no issues. I did change shocks, struts, springs, swaybar links front and rear, rear lower control arms, all mazda oem parts....enjoyed doing the work. Discount Tire installed Pirelli Scorpion A3 plus 255 50 20 tires on my Vossen 20 in. wheels and i had a 4 wheel alignment done at the local Mavis shop.
Result: Drastic improvement in ride and feel. Rides like new!
Next: i have new spark plugs waiting to install soon as i am just over the recomended 40,000 mile change interval.Think i will bump that to 45,000 miles. I also want to do the wheel bearings and front lower arms....thinking next Winter unless it needs to happen sooner.
I dont have any reason to get rid of it and i am retired now so i have the time to tinker!
I was kind of interested in what the CX70 could have been, but unfortunately it isn't. I will just keep what i have for now!

Wiped the front passenger floor again. Leaking sunroof drain. And I removed the sunroof visor hoping it will not flood the sunroof again when it rains. I also removed the absorbent pad on the floor to hang it dry or replace it.

Spring is here, so my CX-7 winter wheels 🛞 doing service on my CX-9 are washed, scrubbed and put away until the Fall.

My stock all-season Bridgestones from Mazda look like I’ll get one more year… 33,000km on those lousy tires…
IMG_7683.jpeg

Last edited:
I mark my tires the same way, very handy when it comes time to swap them back on (y)

Did an oil change over the weekend. Spilled a bit of oil on the driveway, but otherwise pretty uneventful. 109k kms and the engine is still running great.

Back