What have you done to your P5 today?

A little upgrade on seat covers. Seats are perfect shape because they've always had covers but these Wet Okole covers fit like nothing else and transform the seats comfortwise. Maybe I shoulda just went with black centers but went with carbon fiber pattern. Almost too loud but the pattern has the Mazda colors - lt blue, white and gray- in it. Have to look close to see, not sure pics will show it that much but I got over it and they grew on me instantly as soon as first one hit the driver's seat. The headrest covers are pattern and couldn't go with those up there. Stayed with oem cloth headrests. Back of seats have map pockets and back seat is split so got that functionality back because old covers were not split. Back of back seats have cutouts for the cargo net anchor points and of course for the latches. Top had perfect slits for headrests and seat releases. Side benefit - sit just enough higher in the seat for the armrest on door and the JDM center console extension armrest to be right height. Here's a few pics.............

wo_cover1.jpg

wo_cover2.jpg

wo_cover3.jpg

wo_cover4.jpg

These things might be expensive but soooo worth it. Already have them in truck, RAV4 next.................

Those actually look really nice! I'm not a seat cover type of person (or carbon for that matter), but I have to admit, not bad.

But your airbag looks like it's getting a little ashy. Mine is too, haven't been able to find something that works yet.

I usually just wipe down dash and stuff inside with damp cloth because garage but yeah, needing to do something different with the airbag cover on the wheel. The seat covers don't seem as light in the center as in pics altho those were late afternoon inside the garage with flash. Pattern might be called CF but doesn't really look like cf to me, more like some mazda colors tweed.

Last edited:
Was changing out the thermostat. Of the two bolts I have to remove, the bottom bolt's head snapped off. This is going to be fun. It's such a tight area. Fitted a small vice grip and the leftover stud wouldn't budge. Sprayed it with pb blaster hoping it will move tomorrow =_=

After 255000 miles and a thrown rod, my p5 was parked for over a year waiting to be revived. This year she came alive and I'm happy.
1704087e98a3074b6f1d40eed9e1056f.jpg
d54f4884eba85705de41d817ec51f721.jpg
09c688af63c59035c77549ab019768e2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jdm FS engine swap, all engine mounts replaced, front axles, front and back wheel bearings, front and back rotors and pads, bc coilovers, CND OEM headlights. Etc.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope mine makes it that far before blowing up.............at 95k now and had car new from dealer since Jan 2004. Hasn't been a daily driver since 09. Probably had close to 90k in 09. So about 5000 miles in last 8 yrs. Another 160,000 at current pace should only take about another 35 yrs.

Last edited:
Not sure I've seen any on here but ordered set of wet okole seatcovers for the P5. Black with carbon fiber pattern in the centers.........waiting on delivery.

cache.php

Have plain black ones in my truck and love them.

So cool! I think there's still a pic of my P5 on their site. Those seat covers lasted longer than the car! lol When I traded the P5 in 15 years later, I took them off and the seats looked new.

So cool! I think there's still a pic of my P5 on their site. Those seat covers lasted longer than the car! lol When I traded the P5 in 15 years later, I took them off and the seats looked new.
Where at? Only thing I could find was a protg seat pic in the Mazda gallery with black/gray cover with the WO emblem on them.

**** Nevermind, saw your review with that same pic **** Would send them my reviews too if I can find the submit part....but while there, bought a rifle glove for one of my guns

Last edited:
I fell in love with my p5 again today. Despite crap self done alignment ( booked in for a proper one wednesday ) and 15" snow tires. Just put on obx headers, short ram intake, cf evo hood, and the mazdaspeed protege axelback.

I actually cackled in traffic ( at traffic ? ).

I can't wait for the commute home !

Wife got me a cheap little stereo fire the p5. I listen to podcasts a lot on my hour commute, so this gives me Bluetooth to use.

50ddc7441a9d5f7b800c4eaf0c6e9c50.jpg

Back