What have you done to your P5 today?

To be fair, most people don't have P5s for weekend/fun cars; they are DDs. I was considering getting another one for a daily but after having two modded MSPs and a 12 sec Mustang, I think a P5 would feel too slow.
I dd my p5 about 600 miles a week. It's slow. I have an 11 second lightning and 500hp f250 to drive when I'm not going to work.
I'm about to hit 175k on mine is yours still holding up ok?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Ya. I did brakes about 15k ago. Cat needs s timing belt soon. Burns a little oil, but it keeps plugging along.
can do a mildly boosted p5 with some suspension goodies. im sure it's cake for you to do a setup like that.
Honestly, I hate driving a modified dd. I keep the dd stock. Spend the mod money on the toy.

Wow, those are some fast pickups! Cool. I'm backwards though, I have a base acura rsx, but I hate driving it because it's stock. I have a lot more fun in the p5.

Looking through old pictures and found some of my P5. Look how freaking clean it was. I was too young to appreciate it.

Would like to find another one but the more I think about it I would get bored not having a turbo, and it would be easier and cheaper to start with an MSP than turbo a P5.
Damn Cherokee pulled in front of me and did this:

Didn't do much to it, black emblems, red front M, fog lights on with parking lights 'mod', cut the grille to let air into the stock intake, took off the roof racks, installed HIDs, short antenna, Mazda 6 rear wiper, put new speakers, head unit and sub in it, tinted the tail lights and marker lights for a bit and it had the accessory bumper guard and sun roof air deflector but that was about it. Had big plans and started my Protege obsession but I'm happy with my cars now.

Last edited:
He was young, about 17. bad thing is he left the scene after we exchanged info, the cops showed up and clearly saw it was his fault so they wrote the report accordingly. A few days later he showed up at my house with a couple of his friends looking for me, pissed that the accident was his fault. I laughed and shut the door in his face. Never saw him again, and got an insurance check a couple weeks later.

Well at least you got some money for a new car. That's good, if I were you I'd buy an 07 Mazda6 wagon. That b**** is sexy, that's my next car if anything happens to the p5.

Lol that happened back in early 2010, I bought an MSP and have had it ever since. Now it has a forged motor and a bunch of mods and I have another titanium MSP to match that I am about to sell to make room for a Spicy or a Speed6. Personally I am not a huge fan of the first gen 6, I was a tech at Mazda and those cars had their fair share of problems. The second and third gens were built much better and the Speed was built in Japan (regular 6s were built in Michigan on the same line as the Mustang). I am a Mustang guy but QC in Japan is nothing like it is here.

All cars have their far share of problems. Just like the P5 but everything has a fix.
Love the P5, dope car and body style it's well worth the extra money to change things out.

Swapped out the driver and passenger lower control arms, cleaned the IAC valve, and flushed and refilled the coolant system.

Replaced my front strut mounts, bearings, bellows/bump stops and installed the front pair of an Eibach ProKit
spring set. Solved part of my front end over bumps clunk and put some rake on it. Gotta do the rears this week,
hate pulling all the interior panels out of the way. Also have a Corksport rear strut brace to do as part of that job.

Little by little...

Timing belt, coolant, crank seal, engine mount, belts, drivers cv, lower ball joint, and plugs. Just hit 200k
It's almost like surgery
a379f6f75595e54977a8c6218f98ac39.jpg

b706afc95011e61d87e5330ca511632b.jpg

cc1a8868bc82f7e5155e13aa60a1ce40.jpg

74fc68102070491f555f3a8d22b075b1.jpg

73f178f8caf8f083bdf28e484643eb6d.jpg

Back