What have you done to your P5 today?

:
Mazda 3
yesterday: left door electronic lock removal (from junkyard), r.rear abs sensor removal (jy), headlight gasket removal, side marker light removal..
then door electronic lock installation (took about two hours to figure it out.. taking it OUT was easy.. putting it IN was hard!!!..and it helps if it's not backwards!), headlight gasket installation (still seems like its missing something as the light doesn't look right), and side marker installation.. bulb has no power.

today: left side side light reinstall and re-check as light was not working.. wiggled cable and reinserted a new bulb and tested, now working satisfactorily. left fog light install (who on earth said I have to remove the bumper? I just crawled underneath)

today to do (waiting for engine to cool): O2 sensors installation, and possibly rear brakes and abs sensor installation.

and I've had the car 3 days. o_O

bpt323

FE3-323
:
Mazda 323
sprayed on some undercoating over the new steel i welded into the floorpan. so far no rain leaking into the cabin anywheres. way too much for a beater

bpt323

FE3-323
:
Mazda 323
its been off the road for 8 months because of mazda's s*** engineering with this chassis.
this car has scar'd me so badly I will never be purchasing a newer mazda again..... so go ahead and tell me how much i love it again???

:
02 Mazda P5
You can still get a new mazda, just move down south. Only problem down here is heat and faded paint, never have to worry about rust.

:
2002 Mazda Protege
its been off the road for 8 months because of mazda's s*** engineering with this chassis.
this car has scar'd me so badly I will never be purchasing a newer mazda again..... so go ahead and tell me how much i love it again???

Lol mazdas are great for beaters. But as project cars they just are never ending black holes for your money

Dumbjer

:
2002 P5 Manual
Replaced my '02 with an '03.5 a friend from a salvage yard found for me (driver's side fender damage, trashed headlight, and bumper). My '02 had 220k miles and lots of rust. The '03 has 42k and no rust. Moved all my mods that I made to the '02 to the '03.

Mazda 6 big brakes front and rear
Intermittent wiper stalk
Tribute wiper sprayers
Mazda 6 17" wheels (Plasti-dipped matte black)
Blacked out headlights
Nightshade tinted tails and side markers
CX7 antenna

:
06 Mazda 3 Hatchback GT
Last week I plugged in my new to me MP3 ECU. Already worth the money, and I will still running 87 octane. Powerband is so smooth.
Today I installed my AWR passenger and transmission mount inserts, and also a generic (Anchor brand I believe) front mount that has a lifetime warranty. It is so easy to change, I decided to not spend the big bucks for it. When it rips, I will get a new one, and can probably swap it out within 10-20 minutes easy. Passenger mount was sort of ripped, tranny mount was in good shape, front mount was pretty shredded. Rear looks good from what I can see.

Does not vibrate as much as I think I was expecting. Pretty happy so far.

Champloo12

:
Mazda Protege5
Lol mazdas are great for beaters. But as project cars they just are never ending black holes for your money

This 100%. The last 9 months has been hell for me just trying to boost my car. The damn thing still isn't able to be driven. My hope is fading fast now. Almost ready to give up.

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Got the oil changed (finally), and installed the new 55w hids that have been sitting in my garage for about 8 months now lol. still have a long list of things i need to do and a very short list of how many days i have time to work on the car..

also, still searching for a pair of fog deletes for the 03.5 msp lip. if anyone has a pair, pls pm me

Champloo12

:
Mazda Protege5
Got my girl back today. After her little stint at the shop, she builds boost but has a whole new sling of problems. Put another gt25 in but the waste-gate actuator is bad. Getting fuel cut is not fun. I'm missing one of the bolts on the exhaust side of the turbo so its got a bad exhaust leak. I've got a lot of work to tackle but I'm committed to finishing this build! Shout out to everyone on the forms for keeping me motivated! Loving everyone's builds!

Dusten

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Found a missing lug nut and 3 loose. My moss been driving it the last thousand miles so God knows what happened

MP5.62

:
03 mazda protege 5 / 2.0
knocked out front and rear brakes, replaced the holy intake hose it had. anyone know the shift knob thread size? I wanna get Inspector Gadget a gift.

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Proved to myself last night that 10mm spacers are too much even on a stock height P5 in the rear.

No rubbing when im alone, but with two people in the back, rubs a little bit over bumps.

Irritating..as the car looks good with them on..

ogsp5

225 whp @ 8psi
:
2002 p5 (MSP Powered)
New Items

Adding a few things maybe next week
jpg.gif

Attachments

• Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    400.2 KB · Views: 86

ReginaldWagon

:
2014 Mazda3 i Touring, 2002 Mazda Protege5
Installed a pair of Pioneer TS-D6802R speakers in front, perfect fit. Spliced and soldered the wires, didn't have anymore shrink tubing so I just used electrical tape. This was one of those projects I had put off doing all year, thankfully it took me less than an hour.