What have you done to your P5 today?

Yeah, I messed around with the shifter and had to remove a bolt from the heat shield. I wouldn't be surprised if the bolts gone to be honest. I had problems getting the bolts out and when one broke free, I couldn't screw it back on...

I took the upper heat shield to the cat off as that was gone. The jpipe heat shield is gone too. There's also a rattle nearer the rear of the car when the cars warming up. I don't know what exactly is making that noise though. I'll have a poke around after lunch and after I drop my car off at home. I have to trek on the highway and I think my tires are out of balance b/c over 75mph, the car wobbles a little bit. If I haven't already asked, could anyone elaborate on the possible causes?

Re: heatshields - Just get rid of them all, otherwise you'll do like most of us and end up removing them one at a time over the next coming months/years.

As for the "wobble" you mentioned, is there any shimmy in the steering wheel? Or does the whole car feel like it's wobbling? If it's the former, then you're probably right about having a tire out of balance. If it's the latter, you have potentially dangerous problem with your suspension =/

I think/hope its the former of the two. I'll get the tires balanced and see if that does anything. If not, I'm gonna jump off a cliff...

I took the last heat shield off to no avail. Wobbled the exhaust and it seems to be something in the cat? (the bit after the j pipe but before the other bulge.) if I'm thinking correctly, as I redid the butterfly screws in the intake and now it doesn't seem to have any balls (used to after I rebuilt it) I'm thinking maybe it ate some more metal... I'm trying to think which would be easier, taking it to a shop to have the exhaust looked at or taking the intake mani off? I've done it before so I know what needs removing. I'll wait till tomorrow to do anything. I have another car to use during the day...

Sounds like around the time I had my Wings West hood so I wouldn't have been looking. I've since sold it and would love to have the reverse cowl. Why did you have to go and move...p/u would have been much easier in South NJ. :p

Hahaha, yeah p/u now would be quite a trip, plus my original hood is still in NJ sitting in my parent's garage collecting dust

Last edited:
N00B question:

Are any of the eBay headers decent? I want to do my exhaust... before Christmas, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg doing so. Since I'm not begging for sick power gains or anything, I'd rather spend the money on the rear section with a cheap header if possible.

Installed A 30" Cherrybomb Glasspack... I Couldn't Take The Sound Of A Straight 3" Turbo Back Pipe

N00B question:

Are any of the eBay headers decent? I want to do my exhaust... before Christmas, but I don't want to spend an arm and a leg doing so. Since I'm not begging for sick power gains or anything, I'd rather spend the money on the rear section with a cheap header if possible.

they're a gamble, mainly because of the egr bung. some have straight egr bungs, while others have crooked ones (it needs to be straight). the design is identical to the OBX ones so gains should be similar. i've had a few of them and on one had nice welds were nice while on the other two they were just okay. i didnt have any problems with the welds cracking, but others have.

Traded the P5 in for a 2013 Fiatz Abarth. Sadly I had to let her go.
Story here:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...6-000-miles-i-sadly-must-say-goodbye-to-my-p5
3yhq.jpg

g97c.jpg

Thank you Evan! Now I finally have SOMETHING under my feet in the summer. I don't drive with my flip flops on, so I have to put one under my right foot just for comfort... no more.

drove mine to work this morning in the rain and 45* weather

IMG-20130628-00933_zpsc02d4780.jpg

also received my new Isport CF spoiler lip yesterday, needs to be painted before install

IMG-20130627-00924_zpsc9d20b89.jpg

Glad you made it home safe and sound Kyle. Why do I get the feeling that this new "addition" will get more use this summer? :p

Back