What have you done to your P5 today?

Im thinking of taking mine off, doesnt really do much anyways (to me), and looks way cleaner without it

The whole PS system or just the cooler? I wouldn't recommend removing the cooler. There's very few places in the PS system where heat can be dissipated; that cooler is definitely there for a reason.

As for removing all of the plumbing, I'm tempted to do it. Tomorrow I'm going to the track for another lapping night so I'll see if it goes better without PS. It certainly feels better when driving, but it's a huge pain in parking lots and for doing u-turns.

Thanks guys .

Now it will need a clutch soon. Need help on what to go with

Exedy is the manufacturer of the OE clutch and they have a reasonably priced replacement kit (amazon had the cheapest price iirc). That's what I used and it's still working great!

The only thing I hate about the exedy oe replacement pressure plate is how soft it makes my pedal feel. The original pressure plate was a little too soft too, but the exedy replacement is even more so.

So another hour of track time with the P5, I think I'm starting to get the hang of it ;)

The lack of power steering made it much more physically demanding, but I felt like I had much more control. You literally feel every little bump in the track, plus you notice when the car starts understeering a lot sooner!

Did a few small things on the car today. I am trying to track down the most annoying buzz/rattle I have ever heard, located in the middle pillar on the passenger's side. Took off the trim. (Didn't break any clips!) Found that the impact sensor didn't have any screws bolting it to the body of the car. Is this normal at all? Maybe wasn't necessary from the factory? I figured it was pretty important to be secure so I bought some screws and bolted it back snug. Thought it was my buzzing sound, a quick test drive later confirmed that it wasn't :(
<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=5AA886B2BC80B78C&resid=5AA886B2BC80B78C%21260&authkey=AIW_27g_71iCjdU" width="180" height="320" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

My emblem looked like it was covered in Plastidip that was unsuccessfully peeled off leaving it mostly black and gross looking. About an hour of scrubbing and polishing I got it looking real nice again.
<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=5AA886B2BC80B78C&resid=5AA886B2BC80B78C%21259&authkey=AOQVl0GZHHR91Z4" width="320" height="180" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

Also have been trying to see what has been burning my oil lately. I read about PCV valves and how they can sometimes be the cause. Can someone identify if this is the OEM P5 PCV valve? I found in the service records the previous owner had purchased the Millenia PCV valve from O'Reilly's in 2011. Just want to make sure he installed it so I don't waste my money buying another.
<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=5AA886B2BC80B78C&resid=5AA886B2BC80B78C%21262&authkey=AHIIzBRZ3sqOQ7w" width="320" height="180" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

attachment.php

Gave her a long over due scrub down, still has some shine after 10 years (except for the cf hood :( )

Greased up my rusted ass hood release mechanism as the hood would not want to close unless I fiddle with the part that has the small spring below the large spring. After a bit of grease it opened and closed 3 times in a row. LOL. Next to the word rust in the encyclopedia should be a picture of a Mazda.

Gave her a long over due scrub down, still has some shine after 10 years (except for the cf hood :( )

That Hood Is Still Awesome Regardless... At Least It Appears To Be One Color...
Also What Side Markers You Got There On Your Bumper?

That Hood Is Still Awesome Regardless... At Least It Appears To Be One Color...
Also What Side Markers You Got There On Your Bumper?
Yeah it looks great when it's wet...all the carbon fiber shows through like new. The bumper side markers are from Celica (2000-2001, I believe)

Back