What have you done to your MSP today?

So I just installed a Ralco Rz short shifter (twm replica) but the stock msp knob does not seem to have long enough threading on the inside to thread into the shifter rod. For now I am using another aftermarket shift knob that does have a long enough thread reach but I would really like to go back to using the stock msp knob. Any ideas to solve an issue like this one?

What does clean stock exhaust and sound mean. Did you make new pipe and reuse axleback? Or got a cutout ect?

I'm thinking of just replacing the pipes with 3" to the msp axle back so I can finally use my pope dp. Nothing special. Just mild steel.

What does clean stock exhaust and sound mean. Did you make new pipe and reuse axleback? Or got a cutout ect?

I'm thinking of just replacing the pipes with 3" to the msp axle back so I can finally use my pope dp. Nothing special. Just mild steel.

You know, if you disconnect all 3 sections of the exhaust, you CAN install the Pope DP, then just add 1 pipe at a time and work your ways back. It will fit. I'm running it like that now. That being said, I am about to build a 3" exhaust too. lol

The company I ordered the protege stage 2+ clutch from decided to return it without contacting me so I got a refund and ordered the correct MSP stage 2+ from Street Unit. Been way too busy to get any work done on either car but hopefully around the christmas holidays I will have time to swap the forged motor into 1345 and then get the clutch in 1574 replaced and the exhaust leak fixed.

Got my Eibach Pro lowering springs.. headed to the shop to get under there. It's a two bird one stone situation. I'm hoping to find out whats making noise today too.

It will not mate to the msp midpipe..I might just save it for msp though. I don't need a reason to spend.money on p5. I should prob get a header for it and leave it na.. but who wants to go back to that..I mean other than saving like $70/month on gas lol

I'm scheduled for some dyno time on January 2nd. I'm hoping for 325ish wheel at about 15 psi, but we'll see. I think that's about the safe amount of power for my 565cc injectors and clutch so that'll be a good stopping point. If I don't enough head room in the injectors, I have some 740s I can drop in, but they haven't been flow matched so I'd rather not use them if I don't need to.

Well went to install my Pope performance side mount IC. Thought I should test the eBay aluminum civic radiator before I went modding my radiator support. Good thing I did. It leaked like a cheep garden hose nozel.
Also found two broken wheel studs that I am in the process of replacing right now. I need to order rear spindles as well, there is a fair amount of bearing resistance. They have a 165,000 on them.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

That sucks! Have you contacted the seller? Hopefully they'll take care of you.

It will not mate to the msp midpipe..I might just save it for msp though. I don't need a reason to spend.money on p5. I should prob get a header for it and leave it na.. but who wants to go back to that..I mean other than saving like $70/month on gas lol

It does though. I promise. I have a 3" Pope downpipe and the rest of my exhaust is stock. Like I said before, I had to disconnect each piece and re-attach it 1 piece at a time, working my way to the back.

Discovered that I have an o-ring leak at the turbo. Guess it was do since the last o-ring r&r was back in 2008.

Also want to try to resolve my shifter slop. Replaced the stock shifter bushings at the rear but that did not help. Going to pick up some of those KIA bushings and give them a shot.

So those stock orange bushings are not serviceable, seems like that is where most of the slop and vibration comes from on mine.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123834411-QFord-shifter-bushings-installed!

Last edited:
As much as I really like having my pope stuff, I might look at selling it for the interm to fund other things.
Msp prob gonna sit for a while and turbo p5 could run all stock msp stuff, or go back to na to save money.
I baught the manifold and dp together, never installed dp.

I guess its not officially for sale but if the right offer came along I'd definitely consider.

I love my msp and ill prob never get rid of it. She just sitting there for now, not costing me monies.

Discovered that I have an o-ring leak at the turbo. Guess it was do since the last o-ring r&r was back in 2008.

Also want to try to resolve my shifter slop. Replaced the stock shifter bushings at the rear but that did not help. Going to pick up some of those KIA bushings and give them a shot.

So those stock orange bushings are not serviceable, seems like that is where most of the slop and vibration comes from on mine.
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123834411-QFord-shifter-bushings-installed!

The 3rd link kit from Corksport replaces those bushings, I recommend getting all of them personally.
http://corksport.com/corksport-3rd-link-bushing-kit.html

Last edited:
got the car back from having my haltech installed.

335whp 350tq on the mustang dyno for the first go around, will be heading back after a few days of driving to have the tune cleaned up so I will be getting a more of it too.

Best part for me is clean stock exhaust look and sound, just deleted both cats.

If you blow it I will personally drive up there and kill you. I'm pretty sure I said that already right?

The 3rd link kit from Corksport replaces those bushings, I recommend getting all of them personally.
http://corksport.com/corksport-3rd-link-bushing-kit.html

Thanks for the link. So basically this replaces the non serviceable section that you need to drill out right. I see how the sleeves would really eliminate the slop.

I priced up the 6 KIA bushings, their bolt and nut. I can get those for less than $15.

At this point I just want my shifter to be a no issue like it used to be.

Thanks for the link. So basically this replaces the non serviceable section that you need to drill out right. I see how the sleeves would really eliminate the slop.

I priced up the 6 KIA bushings, their bolt and nut. I can get those for less than $15.

At this point I just want my shifter to be a no issue like it used to be.

That is up to you, support an American Mazdaspeed-specific business that supports our hobby and our cars or a Korean conglomerate?

Back