What have you done to your MSP today?

I finally got the back together last night. Now for some street miles and a bit of tuning, then off to the dyno to finish the tune and see what she's putting down.

I'm starting to plan out my spring time maintenance on my MSP #590. I'll be taking care of the clutch, timing belt, and water pump since the car has never had them done. It's only at 85k miles but it will be 13 years old so definitely overdue. Might look into the Corksport shifter bushings too because why the hell not since everything will be dropped out of the car.

Should I bother doing a valve adjustment while I'm at it? I've never done one before and think I can handle it, but is it even worth doing?

I never posted pics after the lowering springs went in. You guys are familiar with the stock msp height. lower in the back a little.. I didn't like it so I put Eibach Pro's in the front and left the racing beats in the back. Heres how it turned out

Before

After

I'm almost finished fixing the original bumper

I'm starting to plan out my spring time maintenance on my MSP #590. I'll be taking care of the clutch, timing belt, and water pump since the car has never had them done. It's only at 85k miles but it will be 13 years old so definitely overdue. Might look into the Corksport shifter bushings too because why the hell not since everything will be dropped out of the car.

Should I bother doing a valve adjustment while I'm at it? I've never done one before and think I can handle it, but is it even worth doing?
Valve lash adjustment? Thought you couldn't adjust them on these motors.

The shop that did the head just machined the valve ends to get tolerance in spec. Disappointing since I brought them a butt load of shims I had collected.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Slave cylinder blew out last night replaced it from my spare MSP. Blood the clutch seems to be working fine. The slave cylinder was less than a year old and was full of some kind of sludge when it blew. Also started pulling apart the shell
8a596ba705399abe7a3824980b48bc16.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Got the forged motor in my garage and the spec stage 2+ and gaskets sitting next to it. Just need time to get it done and I won't have any for a couple weeks at least. 1574 still needs a new clutch and to fix the exhaust mani, and again have been working more than full time and have no time to get it done... Quite annoying and frustrating.

Its used. I got it off a guy from the protege FB pages. He was askin $250. Its Christmas so he had it down to $200. I figured he might take $175 so I offered. I had to pay the sellers fees, thats how it ended up $181. It seems like its getting harder to sell stuff for our cars. There aren't too many of us still building them these days.

Last edited:
Got the forged motor in my garage and the spec stage 2+ and gaskets sitting next to it. Just need time to get it done and I won't have any for a couple weeks at least. 1574 still needs a new clutch and to fix the exhaust mani, and again have been working more than full time and have no time to get it done... Quite annoying and frustrating.

I'm in the same boat time-wise. I need to do my clutch too. Haven't had a chance to get the flywheel surfaced. Then I gotta finish building the exhaust, install a wideband, and now wire in the SSAFC and get tuning. Its gonna be a good year though...

AFC only takes a couple hours to install, the tuning can take forever but I have had good luck with the maps on this site. People get desperate for money because they spent too much for xmas or need money to get last minute gifts, that's probably why the guy dropped his price. The more popular the part is the less it's worth, since these cars are so rare the parts hold their value. I'm sure honda piggybacks are under $50 lol

There are not one but two MSPs on craigslist near Dallas that need motors going for less than $500, a laser blue and a yellow. The blue one is almost just a shell and interior left, the yellow one is mostly complete from what I can tell

Back