NEMOC Random BS Thread

Morning all TGIF.

Oleg sent me these picks of the old girl.
P5.jpeg

222222.jpeg

Time to buy it back and restore it to its original glory Bruce! Amazing what a decade of New England driving can do to a car.

The MS6 has been leaking gear oil lately. Transmission is leaking from the input shaft seal. I think I can tackle that repair myself. The transfer case is leaking due to a faulty silicone sealant used between the two halves. Lots of owners had the TC resealed by Mazda under warranty. Mine wasn't leaking until about 75k and it didn't get bad until recently. I can probably top it off every so often and keep it going, but it will always leak and smell as it burns off. Looks to be a 10+ hour job including dropping the subframe to get the TC out. Even if I reseal it, there's a strong possibility it will start leaking again in a few 1,000 miles...so I'm not sure it is worth the effort.

Still thinking about trading it in for an SUV. I mentioned before the Xterra was at the top of my list. I've driven an automatic and I'm not sure I'd bother buying one if it weren't for being able to get it in stick shift. I sat in a CX-5 GT at the dealership this week. Leather, nav, auto-climate, the works. It's a nice car and gets way better mileage than the Xterra. I just wish I could special order it with a stick shift. I know the sport is available in stick but I'd be giving up AWD, the 2.5L motor, auto-climate, leather, one-touch locks, and choice of colors. That just isn't worth it to me so I need to decide whether I want an auto-tragic this go around.

Of course the REPU is doing just fine hauling the camper. I could just keep doing what I'm doing....but I'd like to drive down the coast and visit friends and family and if something were to go wrong on the REPU I'd be a long way from home and a long way from a mechanic that knows what to do with it...not to mention parts that could be difficult to find.

morning, got to drive the ole p5 this morning (my son had his 3rd child yesterday and we're watching the other 2 grand kids) still pulls pretty strong at 5 psi...took it on the back roads and had a little fun...as much as i love the msm the p5 is till a fun car to drive as well. he was down half a quart of oil after 2500 miles...she's got a little rust but other than that mechanically she drives fine...165k
p5_zps706659bb.jpg

Last edited:
Time to buy it back and restore it to its original glory Bruce! Amazing what a decade of New England driving can do to a car.

I was amazed it was still running after Oleg had it for a year. It was a great car, I miss it at times.

Caught you speeding Mahk! Lol!

In other news, might have a buyer for my car. Most of it is back to stock now.

i got pulled over for speeding last week! luckily I had cool guy cop and he let me go. miata was over heating so i was watching my temp gauge and not my speedo :)

Back at work! Took a few days off last week and drove down to Myrtle for some vaca with the family. We drove down Tuesday night and then left Friday night. It was nice to get away but a long drive for the amount of time we were gone. Weather was good, thankfully! And even better is after coming home I got to hold my new niece, Aubree Grace! :)

attachment.php

no, this is the house my daughter is building in the apple orchard right behind where i used to live in WB. so we've got an apartment going in over their 3 car garage. it's 30x36 so about 1100 sq ft. 2 beds and a bath, open floor plan kitchen eating and living area, deck off the back about 12x12. looking forward to it!

Ah ok. I thought it was a bit soon for you to be building down South. That's one helluva apt. over the garage!!! Since you'll be back in the old neighborhood what are the chances of the owner of your former house letting you have a NEPOC clean meet in the driveway? hahahahahaha

Morning all. Played road hockey last nite. Pretty stiff this am.

I read this and immediately thought of....
waynehockey.jpg

Damn, good to see the ol' girl is still going strong! Great odometer shot too.

Caught you speeding Mahk! Lol!

In other news, might have a buyer for my car. Most of it is back to stock now.

Congrats :)....I think :(

i got pulled over for speeding last week! luckily I had cool guy cop and he let me go. miata was over heating so i was watching my temp gauge and not my speedo :)

Nice of him to let you go!

Attachments

• KK and Aubree.jpeg
    KK and Aubree.jpeg
    315.1 KB · Views: 220
Mark will be back in town .. thats good news :)

Something off this summer, weather is all mixed up .. more rain and cloud then sunny and I still got burned bad on a cloudy day , vw cc gets hit while parked near by work place and it will take a month to repair driver quarter panel damage, working OT for a month and it will continue till late september ... my summer doesnt look good so far but looking forward to LRP ..

Picked up some used tires and rims for the Focus. 225/50/16's Bridgestone Potenza G 009's on Focus rims. Was sure they would fit but previous owner had them on a Focus and said they didn't rub. Slapped them on and took it for a drive. Very nice. Should last till next year, thinking of giving Mary my Conti's next year and going back to the Dunlop Star Specs, miss that tire.

Still thinking about trading it in for an SUV. I mentioned before the Xterra was at the top of my list. I've driven an automatic and I'm not sure I'd bother buying one if it weren't for being able to get it in stick shift.
You should at least check out a Wrangler. With the new interiors and Pentastar engine they're much different than they were even a few years ago. Plus driving around with no top or doors is super fun :) And if you ever do decide you want to modify it they have probably the biggest aftermarket of any vehicle so not only can you find literally anything but there are options for anything.

Back