Mazda Connect Firmware 74.00.230A (now .324A)

I have a 2018 CX-5 with current firmare version 59.00.504 NA N

I need the updated firmware before I install the CarPlay module.

Can someone send me a link? I cannot seem to DM @ASH8

Thank you in advance.

Refer to the first post in this thread.

@ASH8 seems I’m unable to DM you I have a 2017 Yaris iA which is the rebranded Mazda 2, on version 55 and in USA. Thanks for all your help

I have a 2018 CX-5 with current firmare version 59.00.504 NA N

I need the updated firmware before I install the CarPlay module.

Can someone send me a link? I cannot seem to DM @ASH8

Thank you in advance.

2018 CX-9 here, I have the same old 59.00.504 NA N version.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction in getting newest firmware? It is also for Carplay module.

Hi all, will be looking to update the PL (EU) firmware soon on my 2015 Mazda 3 in order to use Car Play. Can I request an update so that I can fully complete the installation in the car? @ASH8

2018 CX-9 here, I have the same old 59.00.504 NA N version.

Can someone please guide me in the right direction in getting newest firmware? It is also for Carplay module.

Hello, please PM @Candurin.

Hi all, will be looking to update the PL (EU) firmware soon on my 2015 Mazda 3 in order to use Car Play. Can I request an update so that I can fully complete the installation in the car? @ASH8

You can PM @Candurin, but I don't know if we have access to the EU version of the firmware.

Hello everyone!

I finally performed decided to commit and updated my 2017 CX-5 from 59.xx to 74.00 with the help of Candurin (thank you!). But I've run into a massive issue after updating the firmware and installing the retrofit kit: there's no Android Auto or Apply Carplay!

The options just aren't present. Not greyed out but missing entirely. I've confirmed that the firmware is running 74.xx and I'm pleased to say that the entertainment system is functioning correctly. In fact, it launches much faster than it used to. But I did this to get Android Auto and Apple Carplay, which I've failed to do.

I've tried an Android and iPhone, with and without Bluetooth, with various cables, tested both USB ports, walked away to restart the CMU, nothing. I've also inserted my navigation card and the hub is able to read it. The phones charge when plugged in, but there are no other connection options.

Has anyone else run into this issue? I've heard of others having issues with connection, but I haven't read of anyone simply missing AA/AC entirely. I would greatly appreciate your help with this issue if you have ideas.

Thank you very much in advance!

That’s my only concern. If there are any internal issues with the kit, it makes it harder to troubleshoot. Certainly the OEM kits are recommended for this reasons.

Any chance you took photos during install? Can you provide instructions you followed?

I installed the OEM kit on my wife’s CX-9 over 5 years ago, but I don’t recall any specific issues.

You did try both USB ports, correct?

I’ll do my best to help, but, please understand the difficulties when using 3rd party equipment (although I completely understand why!).

and please confirm you upgraded FW before installing the hardware.

I do see the kit you purchased and seems to have good reviews, so maybe the kit is OK.

and please confirm you upgraded FW before installing the hardware.

I do see the kit you purchased and seems to have good reviews, so maybe the kit is OK.
I didn't take too many during the install, but I can provide the instructions:
  • I followed the MZD-MAZDA Connect CMU Firmware Update Procedure to the T and skipped the fail-safe steps. These included (from what I remember):
    • Remove all peripherals, USB, Navigation Card
    • Turn on ACC mode, run through the procedure of entering "3" and "2" and walking away to let the CMU reset.
    • Installed the 74.xx version as per the instructions, which took just over 20 minutes total.
    • Kept following the instructions until I could confirm that the firmware version is 74.xx.
  • After completing all of the steps as detailed in the instructions, I proceeded to install the retrofit kit. I mostly followed this tutorial to make sure the order was correct:
    • Removed the trim piece with the push-start button and the trim piece with vents.
    • Undid a piece of the dashboard to remove the head unit, and removed that to expose the cables
    • Removed the trim pieces in the passenger-side foot well, the cup holders, the controls, the part around the gear stick, and the hub kit itself.
    • I routed the cable down through the passenger side, under the gear stick, and all the way through to the hub.
    • Replaced the hub and double- and triple-checked that the wiring was correct on both ends.
    • Reinserted the head unit, attached the push-start trim piece to test for functionality.
    • Everything was on, so I didn't test much further before reassembly. I was really mostly worried about it not turning on, but I heard the radio and figured it was good.
    • Reassembled and fought the system for about an hour, testing both Android and iPhone, different cables, different USB ports, Bluetooth on and off, etc. to no avail.
    • I walked away for about an hour to get dinner and read something about another CMU restart, which must have happened in that hour.
    • Came back and no change.
That's about the whole process that I can think of. I didn't improvise anywhere except putting the head unit back in before reassembling all of the trim pieces because I didn't have space.

Thank you again for your help!

Back