2020 CX-5 GT - New Android Auto rolling out for 2023?

I just got it today. So far I hate it.

I like the map to be full screen, but still able to pause my audiobook on audible. Now I have to eather lose 30% of my map, or not be able to pause/resume. If my 2018 had a pause function on the steering wheel, or even command knob interface, then I'd be okay to just put it in full screen map mode all the time.
There is a setting that'll put your music control back at the bottom while you're navigating.
- I agree though, play pause should be a physical button.

Like the new interface using Pandora for streaming music. Still no screen share with FM radio or Thumbdrive music

Attachments

• Inked20230209_135149.jpg
    Inked20230209_135149.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 93
There is a setting that'll put your music control back at the bottom while you're navigating.
- I agree though, play pause should be a physical button.
I haven't seen how to access it, or any screenshots of such. I'll search some more, but please give more detail if you know.

Like the new interface using Pandora for streaming music. Still no screen share with FM radio or Thumbdrive music
That looks a lot better on your wider 2023 screen, than on my 2018. For me, in that view, the map is square and too small a field of view.

My full screen is about the size of your map portion. Lots of necessary space is wasted on the music app.

Use the "settings app" within Android auto on the head unit. Scroll to the bottom and turn on "show quick controls for apps"
I think that'll get your desired effect, I only tried it briefly.

Attachments

• 20230210_122957.jpg
    20230210_122957.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 84
Use the "settings app" within Android auto on the head unit. Scroll to the bottom and turn on "show quick controls for apps"
I think that'll get your desired effect, I only tried it briefly.
Thankyou. I also just found on my phone settings a toggle for "Taskbar Widgets" that was deselected and I've selected hoping it would fix it. Maybe if not the fix, it may be a prerequisite for what you are showing.

Back