2010 Cx-9

SportsOwner,
The shape of the headlights seem to remain the same, however, the inside is definitely different (for better or for worse). I am, however, very interest in the lower-edge chrome piece of the grill. It looks like it can fit '07-'09 as well.

All Mazda did was restyle the front fascia assembly to fit the existing car and headlights. Easy bolt on restyle.

The upper grill is very different, and not interchangeable, though. Notice that it's lower than the current grill, and the Flying M is embedded in the grill more, rather than in front of it.

I like the new design, but the lower grill could have been smaller to better match the upper grill. The new air dam looks a lot more stylish and integrated, too. I wonder where the tow hook goes. Must fit between the grill mesh.

Wow u got 1000 posts CX-9 SportOwner! And that 2010 model sure looks better than the ones we got... but its just so stupid they make up cars in every 2 years... well I'm selling my cx-9 anyway... hopefully someone will buy it soon....

If someone bought a 2010 and didn't like the front, they could always swap with a current generation owner who liked the new front better. It wouldn't even take much to repaint.

From the photo, I don't think the headlights are any different, unless the changes are fairly subtle.

A few things I'd like to see in the new one are:

Paddle Shifters
Handle slot in the Cupholders
Relocated Knobs for the Trip Meter and Dash Lights
Standard Noise Filter on the MP3 Jack (iPod is okay, but our laptop hums like a M-F'er)
All Dome Lights come on with the Liftgate (for the times we fold the seats for cargo)

Not much else really needs improvement, I think.

i think something i'd add is to make the interior plastic trim more resistant to scratching...those silver trim pieces seem to get all marked up w/o much effort -even my fingernail seems to etch a mark in them - i'm almost tempted to inquire whether use of the 3M material they put on clear bras would work for the interior trim...that or saram wrap ;)

wontonjon,
What year is your CX9?
There is a TSB to replace those older silver door trim. Improperly painted basically they claimed. I had them replaced mine free of charge. As you said, I could scratch off the paint with my fingernail. The new ones seem much better.

Back