What have you done to your MSP today?

Usually the buzz is from the little roller ball in the seat belt release device.

So far I seem good, but I will definitely keep this in mind if I notice it again, or if it really isn't gone and I'm just kidding myself that it has... Thanks for the head's up. Would have never in a million years thought about the seat belt releases or associated parts doing this.

Looking for a 5th gear set from a European diesel engine equipped car... Apparently it's a .680 ratio... That would be awesome.

I think the 626 had a lower 5th gear as well, and would be much easier to locate.
I'm using that 5th gear now, but I'm replacing my transmission with another unit due to breaking the case and just stumbled across the information concerning the European diesel models 5th gear and am entertaining the idea of finding and replacing 5th gear with these.

So I started replacing the clutch today. What a pain in the azz. The drivers side axle wouldn't come out of the knuckle, so I had to remove the whole frigging thing with the axle. Then one of the nuts on the studs for the transmission mount bracket rounded off and I had to beat a smaller socket on to it and then the whole stud came out of the transmission instead of the nut threading off of it. THEN after I get the transmission out, I realized that I received the wrong friggin clutch!!!! So I had to put the car back together enough that it can be rolled in and out of my father-in-law's shop (they don't have a fence, so it can't be left outside) and I got to pay for next day air shipping for the right clutch.

If anybody has a shop talk them into buying a LUK brand clutch, DON'T! The quality is fine, but after spending 20 minutes on the phone with them, they have the wrong part number in their system for the MSP, but they don't know what the right part number is. Good times.

I ended up getting an Exedy Stage 1 from FRSport. I've done business with them for years and they're a great company. And if you ever need anything overnighted, call them first. Overnight shipping was only $55, and they price matched the clutch for me as well.

I'm using that 5th gear now, but I'm replacing my transmission with another unit due to breaking the case and just stumbled across the information concerning the European diesel models 5th gear and am entertaining the idea of finding and replacing 5th gear with these.

Any pics of the broken Case?

This forum is slow... I cant imagine whats happening to all these poor MSPs out there once we are done with them... because, honestly, we're the only people that care about these cars. Lol

Got my new Mishimoto rad in this week and a new slim fan this week. I had 2 12" fans now i'm gonna run a 14" for the primary and a 12" for the A/C fan since the larger fan pulls an extra 200cfm. Hopefully will install tonight after work with some new coolant and water wetter. I wish I could run the Mishimoto fan shroud since it looks nice and would probably function better but the way it spaces the fans out off the rad I would have to re-do my IC piping yet again.

This forum is slow... I cant imagine whats happening to all these poor MSPs out there once we are done with them... because, honestly, we're the only people that care about these cars. Lol

I've been watching since April 2011 for my car to pop back up on the grid... so far, nothing.

Got the new radiator in last night with the 14" fan as the primary and a 12" for the secondary. The 14" fan is larger than the core itself but I was able to make it fit perfectly and honestly I don't even need a shroud since almost the entire core is covered as it is.

Looking at sticky street tirea for MSP#1, normal street tires for MSP#2, and tires to fit my wife's Racingaharts for her 2.

Back