What have you done to your P5 today?

that looks sooo clean. YOUR P5 is the first P5 in that blue that doesn't have HUGE rust spots on the door frame.. CONGRATS!

Edit Reason: Realize my command of the English language is poor.

Last edited:

I don't know if you live in a "salty" area, but if you see any rust buckets on your travels, (P5's or otherwise), I think you should take your car in for a good rust proofing, even if only one time.

Go to a place that drills holes in the car to get their spray wands into the hidden areas (inside the doors, pillars, fenders, everywhere.)

Rust normally starts on the inside and rusts through to the paint.

All the hidden areas that get protected with undercoating are pretty well protected from the environment and the rust proofing shouldn't wash away.

I've been going to Krown Rustproofing every year since I bought my car in March 2009.

My car is still on the road, and the rust is not that bad compared to every other P5 that I've seen that is still on the road.

that looks sooo clean. YOUR P5 is the first P5 in that blue that doesn't have HUGE rust spots on the door frame.. CONGRATS!

Edit Reason: Realize my command of the English language is poor.
Thanks! It was garage kept in CA! No rust, 5 speed and everything works!

I don't know if you live in a "salty" area, but if you see any rust buckets on your travels, (P5's or otherwise), I think you should take your car in for a good rust proofing, even if only one time.

Go to a place that drills holes in the car to get their spray wands into the hidden areas (inside the doors, pillars, fenders, everywhere.)

Rust normally starts on the inside and rusts through to the paint.

All the hidden areas that get protected with undercoating are pretty well protected from the environment and the rust proofing shouldn't wash away.

I've been going to Krown Rustproofing every year since I bought my car in March 2009.

My car is still on the road, and the rust is not that bad compared to every other P5 that I've seen that is still on the road.
I’m in Nevada. I’ll definitely look into it before moving back to Michigan.

Tonight I polished my headlights.

For safety, of course…

06640A54-2655-4C4D-A720-103E7A6D9B73.jpeg

This morning I wrote “engine mounts” on my to-do list after feeling movement through the stick during acceleration
Looking good!

I recently replaced the passenger and front motor mounts (both were completely torn) but the transmission and rear mounts looked intact.

I used the AWR poly mount for the front and I'm really happy with the performance and low vibrations. NOTE: when you purchase the passenger mount or the mount kit (with all 4), just make sure you get the one that has the stabilizer arm pressed in already. It's the part that attaches to the passenger frame rail (p/n A6481). Also, the bolts for the passenger mount cost me about $350 because the first bolt broke my 3/8" deep socket so I had to buy a DeWalt impact + impact deep socket kit.

I’m in Nevada. I’ll definitely look into it before moving back to Michigan.
Where to (roughly) in MI? I'm in the SE DetMet area. I had a NC Pro5 which succumbed to me being a plonker, but had some rust starting in the rear arch, and have a TX Pro5 that has been resprayed poorly, but lacks rust (thankfully) so there's that...

Enjoy the car! I know I have, as I've owned one in some form or another for coming up on 10 years :D

I was lucky to get a garaged California car.
That is how my miata is, but protege was a rust free NJ car when I got it in 2009. Then I daily drove it here in CT, never garaged. It'll tell me when it is time to say goodbye

The pics didn't turn out well but I got out the cleaning things to get the drivers seat cleaned and extracted, came out pretty well but I am gonna have to actually remove both of the fronts to get at them 100%, got the floor mats cleaned too but still getting dirt out of them after three passes with the extractor. Pulled the right front door panel to diag the speaker and found it was an aftermarket that couldn't handle moisture, the paper part of the voice coil warped up and seized it in the magnet.

Back