What have you done to your MSP today?

Yeah... I hate to say it, but I'm with dstmsp03. Maybe if the whole front clip was CF I would be into it, but it just seems a bit overboard as-is. I think the pieces are beautiful and very well done, but its a bit piecemeal to me... I'd consider painting the fenders, TBH...

Yeah... I hate to say it, but I'm with dstmsp03. Maybe if the whole front clip was CF I would be into it, but it just seems a bit overboard as-is. I think the pieces are beautiful and very well done, but its a bit piecemeal to me... I'd consider painting the fenders, TBH...

Well, all he needs is a bumper & grille and the entire front end would be CF, lol. A bumper would be a 1-off custom piece, but it's only $$, right? (lol2)

how much weight did that honestly save? fenders on our cars are very light as they are... i mean to save 5 lbs on an autox how about filling a 5 gallon gas can.. take that with you and leave the car on 1/4 tank of gas when you are autoxing and put gas from the can in between races... from an appearance standpoint.. i wouldnt even do the front bumper.. then it looks like you wrecked your car and didnt paint it when you fixed it..

how much weight did that honestly save? fenders on our cars are very light as they are... i mean to save 5 lbs on an autox how about filling a 5 gallon gas can.. take that with you and leave the car on 1/4 tank of gas when you are autoxing and put gas from the can in between races... from an appearance standpoint.. i wouldnt even do the front bumper.. then it looks like you wrecked your car and didnt paint it when you fixed it..

I wouldn't say it's for anything but aesthetics... I save maybe 40 lbs (max) with my CF hood & trunk. Not enough to make much of a difference. It might counter-act my spare tire, lol....

Who needs paint, anyways... (lol2)

Oh yeah... yesterday I fixed my latest misfire. Turns out my #1 sparkplug backed out a bit. I noticed the boot was about 1/8th inch off the valve cover, pulled it out and noticed it was covered in soot. Stuck my plug socket down there and noticed it spun freely. I feel like it could have gone much worse, but wonder why it backed out at all? Its running great now and the other three were plenty tight.

Still need to figure out my manifold leak. I want my powwwaaaa back!!!

I wouldn't say it's for anything but aesthetics... I save maybe 40 lbs (max) with my CF hood & trunk. Not enough to make much of a difference. It might counter-act my spare tire, lol....

Who needs paint, anyways... (lol2)

me... considering my car won shows before i tore it apart.. lol..

discovered over the weekend that the racing harts I just picked up don't match my set. Wasn't sure if I had 03s or 03.5s, seeing as my set is the only set I've ever seen. Now I know. Mine are 03.5s, the new ones are 03s... DAMN.

Age doesn't have a direct correlation with tastes.... Aren't you both under 30, anyways? At least Carl, for sure...
yes, i am 25.. and age does have a correlation.. as you mature your tastes change, they go from liking the off the wall wild designs to a more subtle taste.. hence... most owner of msps are younger (yes, there are the occational older ladies/gentleman) but most are younger.. which is why i am seriously debating getting mine back together, parting ways with the msp. and picking up something more refined and sophisticated.. such as a cts-v or g8gxp

yes, i am 25.. and age does have a correlation.. as you mature your tastes change, they go from liking the off the wall wild designs to a more subtle taste.. hence... most owner of msps are younger (yes, there are the occational older ladies/gentleman) but most are younger.. which is why i am seriously debating getting mine back together, parting ways with the msp. and picking up something more refined and sophisticated.. such as a cts-v or g8gxp

same age here, same opinion, but evidently less disposable income, as my goals for a platform to move to are more modest. LOL I think I'd have to trade the woman AND the MSP in to be able to get anything LSx powered.

same age here, same opinion, but evidently less disposable income, as my goals for a platform to move to are more modest. LOL I think I'd have to trade the woman AND the MSP in to be able to get anything LSx powered.

i dont make that much money! you know that.. just have very good budgeting abilities and invest right! hahaha.. and the ls1 trans am isnt that amazing to be honest.. so pick your cars wisely.. haha

Latest posts

Back