What have you done to your MS3 today?

Bigdaddy, let me know how it works out. I've contemplated selling mine for maybe the new SU one.

do you have a 75 duro? If your willing to sell, I think I might be interested...Im thinking of buying as soon as I get this extra TIP off my hands. I could technically buy now, but I want to be able to justify my purchase...

right on... we can talk via PM... just let me know-i'm in no hurry either so take your time

Planning when I am going to get some help to take off my BC coilovers, TWM short throw shifter, SU rear motor mount, Monster shift knob, PG lightened shift weight, and SPC rear camber links to put them up for sale.

Uggg more work ahead.

Hairdryed my headlights

Blacked out chrome rings, removed amber lense, and installed trs clear lenses(yippy)

DSC00616.jpg

DSC00615.jpg

I was supprised it was real easy just used a hair dryer and butter nife took 10 min tops each headlight. I just hope it is sealed ok used some silicone. I took the opportunity with my bumper off to repair a broken bumper tab with plastic weld too.

Got the Greddy catch can installed. Hopefully that fixes the blowby in my intercooler pipes. Praying its not the turbo seals.

zoomdoom, looks clean! i plan on at least removing the orange reflector inside the light at some point. good to hear that it's not extremely difficult to take the lights apart.

Planning when I am going to get some help to take off my BC coilovers, TWM short throw shifter, SU rear motor mount, Monster shift knob, PG lightened shift weight, and SPC rear camber links to put them up for sale.

Uggg more work ahead.

want to pm me about that shift knob before you put it in the FS thread. I might be interested. Right now, I'm looking at the newly released Cobb one for the MS3

do you have a 75 duro? If your willing to sell, I think I might be interested...Im thinking of buying as soon as I get this extra TIP off my hands. I could technically buy now, but I want to be able to justify my purchase...

LOL no man, I meant taking off my TRZ. Let me know how the CP-E turns out, in comparison to the TRZ.

about to buy some new tires. what have you guys head about potenza's RE760's?

They came in 4th in a C&D test (2nd if you discount the extreme summer tires, Ecsta XS and Star Specs):

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._tests/bridgestone_potenza_re760_sport_page_8

Notes are not too great in the wet, but they have a very connected feeling in the dry. I've been trying to decide whether I want to get the RE760 or the V12 Ventus. I don't know if I can justify the extra money on the RE760 when the only trade off I see is sidewall strength and that connected feeling to the road.

Aside from that, looks like the RE760 is a great buy for more grip and better wear than the stock RE05A.

They came in 4th in a C&D test (2nd if you discount the extreme summer tires, Ecsta XS and Star Specs):

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews..._tests/bridgestone_potenza_re760_sport_page_8

Notes are not too great in the wet, but they have a very connected feeling in the dry. I've been trying to decide whether I want to get the RE760 or the V12 Ventus. I don't know if I can justify the extra money on the RE760 when the only trade off I see is sidewall strength and that connected feeling to the road.

Aside from that, looks like the RE760 is a great buy for more grip and better wear than the stock RE05A.

I have the V12s and the sidewalls are extremely weak. The stock tires never rolled over to the sidewall in autocross, but these do even with the front tire PSI @ 40. Otherwise they are excellent tires for the price and if i didn't autocross, i'd buy them again.

LOL no man, I meant taking off my TRZ. Let me know how the CP-E turns out, in comparison to the TRZ.

ahhhh...dammit. Oh well. Yeah, I will for sure. I cant stand all the cabin vibes, it makes the car feel like a piece of s***. Also, when its a bit chilly out, its horrible to drive with the TRZ. Maybe if this stupid ******* weather in Cali lived up to its hype, I wouldn't be so frustrated. I guess thats what you get in an "El Nino" year...

I have the V12s and the sidewalls are extremely weak. The stock tires never rolled over to the sidewall in autocross, but these do even with the front tire PSI @ 40. Otherwise they are excellent tires for the price and if i didn't autocross, i'd buy them again.

Hmm, really? I autocross every month and if this is the case, that's just a deal breaker. Did you chalk your tires and see them rollover or can you just "feel" it?

EDIT: Looking at the price difference between 215/45/18 V12 Venus and 225/45/18 RE760, I don't see why I shouldn't go for the RE760 considering the stiffer sidewall and quicker time in the dry on C&D test. Venus is ~$480 shipped with rebate, RE760 is ~$600 (215/45 is only $8 cheaper total) with rebate. But, that brings another contender in the mix: the Sumitomo HTRZ III 225/45/18 at ~$580 shipped.

Last edited:
Hmm, really? I autocross every month and if this is the case, that's just a deal breaker. Did you chalk your tires and see them rollover or can you just "feel" it?

EDIT: Looking at the price difference between 215/45/18 V12 Venus and 225/45/18 RE760, I don't see why I shouldn't go for the RE760 considering the stiffer sidewall and quicker time in the dry on C&D test. Venus is ~$480 shipped with rebate, RE760 is ~$600 (215/45 is only $8 cheaper total) with rebate. But, that brings another contender in the mix: the Sumitomo HTRZ III 225/45/18 at ~$580 shipped.

I chalked the tires and you can also see the bread (line) that seperates the tread from the sidewall has been scrubbed off :( I'll take pictures in a bit (if your lucky).

How many miles on those? The outside tread looks really low.

EDIT: I'm not ignoring your point to posting the photos. Thanks for doing so! Those sidewalls look mighty scrubbed and the outside tread looks toast...

~9k with 3 autox events and one was a test and tune which i made many runs.

those are the fronts, and the outside is slightly lower than the middle and inside. The rears are in better condition and the outside is not nearly as hurt. The outside part of the tread's "cuts" are not nearly as deep as the rest of the tire as well, so it makes it look like they are getting lower than the rest of the tire is.

I have rotated them twice, but the front ones are probably a millimeter or 2 lower than the rears, currently - need to rotate them again.

Back