What did you pay for your CX-5?

Good Morning! I'm new to the forum and don't currently own a Mazda, however, my wife and I are interested in the CX-5 GT FWD. I wanted to get some tips on the price point we should be looking at to pay before TTL for a base model with no added options. I've read through some of the pages here and it seems that $2,500 below MSRP is a good deal. I researched KBB, Edmunds, Cars.com, & TrueCar and none of them were that far under MSRP. The range was from $280 below MSRP to $1,643 below MSRP. Assuming an MSRP of $28,800 should I be looking at a price point of $26,300 before TTL and incentives? Thanks in advance for all of your insight.

Also, does that $2,500 include the dealer fee (so $26,300 including dealer fee or excluding dealer fee)?

Last edited:
Good Morning! I'm new to the forum and don't currently own a Mazda, however, my wife and I are interested in the CX-5 GT FWD. I wanted to get some tips on the price point we should be looking at to pay before TTL for a base model with no added options. I've read through some of the pages here and it seems that $2,500 below MSRP is a good deal. I researched KBB, Edmunds, Cars.com, & TrueCar and none of them were that far under MSRP. The range was from $280 below MSRP to $1,643 below MSRP. Assuming an MSRP of $28,800 should I be looking at a price point of $26,300 before TTL and incentives? Thanks in advance for all of your insight.

Also, does that $2,500 include the dealer fee (so $26,300 including dealer fee or excluding dealer fee)?

I am also new, so welcome to you and me! I've read some of this thread and it looks like the $2500 below MSRP is for total cost before TTL. I'm also looking for a CX-5 in the Bay Area, CA. I've looked at Costco and Truecar pricing. I thought Costco Auto would be the best price, but for me Truecar was the best price at about $2300 below MSRP. I think this depends on where you live and how aggressive your local dealers price with Truecar. I will consider myself lucky if I can get a CX-5 for Truecar price in this area. One tip for you... go to Truecar and plug in some different zip codes to see other dealer prices. They won't tell you specifically which dealer is quoted, but it does give you miles. So, first lookup the dealers in your area (say within 100 miles), then find zip codes for each one and plug those into Truecar. That way, the closest dealer listed is always that town's dealer. Best of luck!

Be prepared to be relentlessly spammed by every dealer in the area, however, once the Truecar request gets submitted. Also, note that Truecar may give a reasonable price but you won't get a steal. Their original business model ran afoul of the industry and dealers started pulling out, so they revamped their system so that dealers become "trusted partners." Even then, you may be subjected to the usual bulls*** once you hit the showroom (hidden fees, "mistakes", low ball trade-ins, etc.).

I got $2500 under list by looking around on dealer websites for "internet specials." Dealers are aware that many people are using the web to get competitive pricing, so some of them just sort of cut out the middleman. They emailed me with a firm price, I walked in and was out in an hour (a few extra minutes to convince the finance guy I really didn't want any of his "great offers that really benefited me").

I found some dealers within a two hour drive that are showing on their website around $2500 under MSRP but then they tack on their dealer fee. I haven't talked price with anyone yet because we are several weeks away from buying. Hopefully they extend the 0% financing they currently have running through 9/2 (or have some great Labor Day incentives).

1st post.1st time Mazda owner. Bought my 2015 CX-5 Touring AWD with roof rack at Town North Mazda in the Dallas area at the end of July.

MSRP: $27,320
Invoice: $26,512
Paid: $25,050 + $125 doc fee + TTL
0% APR for 60 months

Last edited:
New member here. 2nd time owner of mazda. I used to owned mazda 3. We got our 2015 soul red cx5 gt awd with tech package and remote autostart for 29800 before ttl. No accesories. We wanted some all weather mats but the Dealer would not budge, saying she's below invoice. We got the $500 rebate loyalty. Otd price was $33k. 0 apr for 5 years and no money down.

Msrp $31,830
Sold for $29,800
$2030 off msrp. We just got the autostart installed today and it was $700 but we got it for free. So $2730 off msrp is that that bad.

We bought it at mazda evanston in illinois.

Friends of ours tried the TrueCar guaranteed price thing with a Mazda3. The dealer that had the "deal" was 4 hours away. Also, they still had to fight for it, as the Stealer fought actually giving the TrueCar price. They stuck to their guns, and I believe they finally got the price in the end, but, it wasn't as easy as walking in with your TrueCar quote and walking out 10 minutes later with the deal.

i got mine 2015 CX5 AWD Touring model with bose + Wheellocks for 28230 MSRP - 650 = 27580.
I ended up paying 31.5k which includes 1650 extended warranty for 6/75000 miles...

The dealer was not negotiable at all... This was in minnesota :) anybody with the same results? did i over pay so much or is it an ok deal?

Same options plus Soul Red 26800 Wayne Mazda NJ

Just helped a friend pick a CX-5. He got a 2015 Touring FWD with the only option being the roof rails.

MSRP: $26,070
Negotiated Price: $22,999
Dealer Service: $1,100
Tax: $1,445.94 (6%)
Tag: $325
Total: $25,859.94
Rebates: $1,060 (Mazda Loyalty and College Grad, plus a $60 coupon)

Total OTD Cost: $24,799

Overall I think that's a good deal. I had no idea he was buying tonight, otherwise I would have told him no way to those dealer charges. He isn't even sure what the were all for when I asked him since his BOS just had the generic description. I didn't have the heart to yell at him about it after he told me he bought the car as I didn't want to kill the new car mood.

Just picked up my first Mazda Saturday. 2015 CX-5 Touring with Bose/Moonroof. Didn't really care for the Bose, but wanted the moonroof after driving my old 2004 Corolla into the ground with 115K miles. Also got the all weather mats/wheel locks at invoice.

MSRP: $28,230
Service Fee: $179 (couldn't get them to drop it)
Tax: 1389.46
Trade In: $2800 (low end of KBB, but considering the antenna was ripped off by a car was and was $700+ to repair and there were several dings in the side, I'd take it and CarMax was offering $2600)
Rebates: $1000 (for my wife having a Forester + we got 0% financing)

OTD: $25,751

In all we saved about $1600 from the total charges they wanted to hit us with. They kept conveniently forgetting about the Forester bonus and I had them to reprint the docs twice to actually show it. Without that rebate, it was only about $400 off MSRP though, when you factor in their "service fees". That said, I'm happy. Payments are a few dollars more than I guesstimated in my head all things considered and the thing has been a dream this first week.

Just bought a 2015 CX-5 Touring with Bose/Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, and Roof Rails. MSRP: $27,695. In the Bay Area, CA, I checked many dealers. About half did not participate in TrueCar pricing. Found the Costco Auto price to be $1000 higher than TrueCar. I waited until I saw TrueCar dip another $300 and then printed my certificate for Fremont Mazda. Price before TTL was $24,940 ($24,440 after $500 Loyalty rebate). I opted to pay another $500 and get 0% financing for 5 years. Other dealers were $400 and $700 higher and would not match Fremont's aggressive pricing. The dealer was very easy to deal with, honest, and helpful; no curve balls to deal with.

Just bought a 2015 CX-5 Touring with Bose/Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, and Roof Rails. MSRP: $27,695. In the Bay Area, CA, I checked many dealers. About half did not participate in TrueCar pricing. Found the Costco Auto price to be $1000 higher than TrueCar. I waited until I saw TrueCar dip another $300 and then printed my certificate for Fremont Mazda. Price before TTL was $24,940 ($24,440 after $500 Loyalty rebate). I opted to pay another $500 and get 0% financing for 5 years. Other dealers were $400 and $700 higher and would not match Fremont's aggressive pricing. The dealer was very easy to deal with, honest, and helpful; no curve balls to deal with.

how much did you end up putting down if you dont mind me asking?

Hi,

I just purchased a 2015 Touring AWD with tech & roof package yesterday.
MSRP: $29,660
Got it for: $26,410+TTL
They took my trade as a blind trade for $14,500 ($500+ above payoff on lien)
Came to about $27,500 with 0% interest!

Spent about 1.5 days emailing with 4 different dealerships. Two of those emailed this morning offering to beat the offer, but I already purchased last night. Oh, well. I think I did okay?

I got a very comparable deal this week. 2015 CX-5 Touring with Roof/Tech packages for $26,483. I also upgraded the seats to leather (Katzkin) which should have cost $1,095 but the dealer only invoiced me $895. Throw in tax (6.25%) and $400 in fees I could not get out of. All in all I am okay with that.

Purchased a new car for the first time, 2015 CX-5 GT AWD

Technology Package
Parking sensor, rear
Rear bumper guard
Retractable cargo cover
Roof rack, side rails
Wheel locks
Remote Engine Start (Hopefully, it's not installed, and was not listed on Due Bill, but I am picking up the car tomorrow and spoke with the salesperson about it)

MSRP: $33,155
Paid: $31,800 +TTL
Gap: $895
USWC Maintenance (3yrs/36,000 miles): $995
OTD: $36983.20 or 587.03/month for 63 months, 0 down, 0% apr

Should mention that the price paid, $31,800, includes $500 to get 0% apr, and $300 to get the car from another dealer. Not sure why I agreed to the $500 to get 0% apr, but they said it was the only way to honor the USAA car buying service price, and works out to around .59% over 60 months. Overall, I'm feeling pretty good about it. Hopefully I didn't get taken too hard.

how much did you end up putting down if you dont mind me asking?

I didn't put anything down besides good credit! I think they require a 725+ score. Another recent post also mentions the $500 extra for the 0% financing deal, so it seems this may be standard across dealers. I completely agree it's worth it to pay the $500 extra for an effective 0.59% 5 year $27K loan. I had the cash ready, but figured I could do much better investing it than paying down a car. Assuming a minimum of 2% return on my $27K investment ($2700), I'm $2200+ ahead!

Also, my dealer did not charge me anything for the dealer trade. He sent his driver 170 miles there and back, no extra fee and happy to do the deal.

Last edited:
Got a price for2015 CX5 touring FWD with no add on for $22,834 out the door $24,564
thought it was a good price until saw that post of "2015 CX5 Touring FWD Crystal White with BSM, Bose, Moonroof, Cargo and Floor mats, and a few other accessories like some paint protection and wheel locks - 24077 out the door. USAA 60 month @ 1.9% "
I haven't bought the car yet but wonder how to even make that deal possible

Got a price for2015 CX5 touring FWD with no add on for $22,834 out the door $24,564
thought it was a good price until saw that post of "2015 CX5 Touring FWD Crystal White with BSM, Bose, Moonroof, Cargo and Floor mats, and a few other accessories like some paint protection and wheel locks - 24077 out the door. USAA 60 month @ 1.9% "
I haven't bought the car yet but wonder how to even make that deal possible

I wouldn't try to compare with out the door pricing. Try to compare before Title, Tax, and License fees. That way you're on even footing. My sales tax rate is 9%, and I see some as low as 6% or even 0 in Oregon; makes a big difference in OTD pricing. In general most of the good deals are about $2300 to $2500 below MSRP. That is a good comparable metric you can try to match using TrueCar, Edmunds, Costco, etc price quotes.

I wouldn't try to compare with out the door pricing. Try to compare before Title, Tax, and License fees. That way you're on even footing. My sales tax rate is 9%, and I see some as low as 6% or even 0 in Oregon; makes a big difference in OTD pricing. In general most of the good deals are about $2300 to $2500 below MSRP. That is a good comparable metric you can try to match using TrueCar, Edmunds, Costco, etc price quotes.

Thank you. so for $22,834 how much is it below MSRP

I didn't put anything down besides good credit! I think they require a 725+ score. Another recent post also mentions the $500 extra for the 0% financing deal, so it seems this may be standard across dealers. I completely agree it's worth it to pay the $500 extra for an effective 0.59% 5 year $27K loan. I had the cash ready, but figured I could do much better investing it than paying down a car. Assuming a minimum of 2% return on my $27K investment ($2700), I'm $2200+ ahead!

Had good credit (over 750) and they didn't hit me with a $500 0% fee in WI. Not even a mention of it. Is it possible that was their way of backdooring any loss on MSRP markup? I was nearly dead on with the True Car via USAA here, but they said the nearest dealer was in IL, where the tax rate shoots up to ~9% so I said nuts to that.

Back