What did you pay for your CX-5?

just wondering, but what is the best lease u guys got for a touring FWD? Mazda has zero down and $269 per month advertised on their website... anyone got a better deal? Was gonna buy a cx-5, but looking more like we're leasing it for now.... honda has the crv for $209 per month with $1999 down or the odyssey for $269 with $2499 down

According to KBB I got screwed about $700 on my trade, and according to TrueCar.com I paid probably $300 or so too much for it, to, overall paid $1,000 more than I should have, and I had to work for that deal. If I went with their "best offer", it would have cost me another $1,500 on top of what I ended up with. All Dealers are Stealers, it's sad we have to play these games. Guess that was at least one nice thing about Saturn, the no haggling part, but, I'd think that really mostly benefited the Stealer.

I'm selling the car I replaced myself. I figure I can squeeze another $1-2K if I go that route. I price to sell fairly and usually the first 1 or two people will buy it. Easy sell with all service records and original owner. The last car I sold the guy said...."you can't imagine the junk I've seen today from CL. I am not going to even test drive it" and he bought it right then.

Not sure how accurate CU is on vehicle pricing but they claimed holdback on a fully loaded GT w/tech is $438.

Base Invoice $28,387.00
GT Tech Pack $1,268.00
Destination Charge $830.00
Dealer Holdback -$438

just wondering, but what is the best lease u guys got for a touring FWD? Mazda has zero down and $269 per month advertised on their website... anyone got a better deal? Was gonna buy a cx-5, but looking more like we're leasing it for now.... honda has the crv for $209 per month with $1999 down or the odyssey for $269 with $2499 down

Yesterday, I traded in my 2012 MZ3 Skyactiv for a 2015 CX5 touring, fwd, soul red metallic, no tech/Bose/ or moon roof. They threw in the roof rack and the first month's payment. I also got $500 for customer loyalty. I put $0 down and will be paying about $300 a month. The option to buy it after 3 years will be about $15k.

I was going to buy as well, but the monthly would have been over $450 unless I put a ton down.

According to KBB I got screwed about $700 on my trade, and according to TrueCar.com I paid probably $300 or so too much for it, to, overall paid $1,000 more than I should have, and I had to work for that deal. If I went with their "best offer", it would have cost me another $1,500 on top of what I ended up with. All Dealers are Stealers, it's sad we have to play these games. Guess that was at least one nice thing about Saturn, the no haggling part, but, I'd think that really mostly benefited the Stealer.

At least you know it when you see it, most folks do not. I have never felt like I got a "great deal", I just try to get less screwed than the norm. Not sure I ever succeeded at that. (shady)

Enjoy the new ride!

At least you know it when you see it, most folks do not. I have never felt like I got a "great deal", I just try to get less screwed than the norm. Not sure I ever succeeded at that. (shady)

Enjoy the new ride!

It might help you to just spring for the CR report

This will also show dealer holdback.

Hopefully you are in a market with lots of dealers. That always helps. Years ago.... no real competition for Infiniti's in WA state until the last few years. I ended up buying my G from Fairfield in the bay area and had the car shipped up to WA state. It saved me $3-4K as dealer here wouldn't come off MSRP.

It might help you to just spring for the CR report

This will also show dealer holdback.

Hopefully you are in a market with lots of dealers. That always helps. Years ago.... no real competition for Infiniti's in WA state until the last few years. I ended up buying my G from Fairfield in the bay area and had the car shipped up to WA state. It saved me $3-4K as dealer here wouldn't come off MSRP.

Yes, I am in a decently-sized market. As far as hold-backs and dealer incentives, sometimes it is just being in the right place at the right time. Years ago (1997), me and two friends were shopping for identically-equipped Ford F-150s. We did not compare notes until after we purchased and I actually paid about $5000 (~18%) less than the others. I just happened to be at the dealer on a night he HAD to sell so many units to meet a quota for an incentive (or so I was told). Anyhow, we finally closed the deal at 1:30AM, if that tells you how much effort it took.

Like cybercruiser said, there are games that must be played.

bought mine in southern CA this past weekend.
MSRP was $31,425 for GT with tech package. I emailed 7 mazda dealers and just kept forwarding the offers from dealer to dealer until I got it down to $28,000. Used the loyalty incentive for another $500. So before tax, title, and license it came to $27,500. Also was able to get 0% for 5 years. I feel pretty good about it.

MSRP was $31,425 for GT with tech package. I emailed 7 mazda dealers and just kept forwarding the offers from dealer to dealer until I got it down to $28,000. Used the loyalty incentive for another $500. So before tax, title, and license it came to $27,500. Also was able to get 0% for 5 years. I feel pretty good about it.

That sounds pretty good.. is it AWD as well?

Yesterday, I traded in my 2012 MZ3 Skyactiv for a 2015 CX5 touring, fwd, soul red metallic, no tech/Bose/ or moon roof. They threw in the roof rack and the first month's payment. I also got $500 for customer loyalty. I put $0 down and will be paying about $300 a month. The option to buy it after 3 years will be about $15k.

I was going to buy as well, but the monthly would have been over $450 unless I put a ton down.

basically, u're paying $291.66 per month for 36 months... tht's kind of expensive with a trade-in... isn't the deal now $0 down and $269 per month for a 36 month lease?

edit: just realized the $269 is for the sport model....

nice. which dealership?

Last edited:
The thing I love to, is when Kelly's Blue Book first came out, their numbers favored the customer, so, when I tried to use their numbers, the Stealer would say, No, No, we don't use KBB, we use the NADA(Blue Book) numbers(because they favored the dealer more). Then a few years later, I had a Dealer quote me KBB Numbers, because in that case, the KBB numbers favored the Stealer. Funny how they only trust whichever book put the numbers most in their favor.

Hi,

I just purchased a 2015 Touring AWD with tech & roof package yesterday.
MSRP: $29,660
Got it for: $26,410+TTL
They took my trade as a blind trade for $14,500 ($500+ above payoff on lien)
Came to about $27,500 with 0% interest!

Spent about 1.5 days emailing with 4 different dealerships. Two of those emailed this morning offering to beat the offer, but I already purchased last night. Oh, well. I think I did okay?

That sounds pretty good.. is it AWD as well?

No I didn't go with AWD, didn't really think I would need it. Don't go into the mountains and no rain here in southern CA.

The dealer was Galpin Mazda in Santa Clarita by Magic Mountain. Dealt with Andy Houshmand.

I bought my 2015 Mazda CX-5 AWD Grand Touring w/Tech Package on 7/7/14. Aside from the items in the Tech Package, it has Crystal White Pearl paint, sand leather interior, factory roof rack rails, rear parking sensors and the OEM accessories included are rear bumper guard, carpet floor mats, rear cargo cover and wheel locks.

MSRP: $32,780
Invoice: $31,750
Negotiated vehicle price: $31,000
Plus 8% sales tax, registration fees, doc fee, making the final purchase price about $33,904.

Thank you for the welcome greeting!

Bob Baker Mazda in Carlsbad.

How about you? Where did you buy yours?

To get a Soul Red, AWD, GT w/Tech, I had to go to Bakersfield! I've still searched after buying it, just to see when one would appear in SoCal, but that combo is pretty rare.

My nephew has a Crystal White CX-5, so I couldn't buy that color, and I couldn't find Skorpio's Deep Blue color either. We did do a drive by of Bob Baker on the way to Bakersfield, just in case something was there ;-)

i got mine 2015 CX5 AWD Touring model with bose + Wheellocks for 28230 MSRP - 650 = 27580.
I ended up paying 31.5k which includes 1650 extended warranty for 6/75000 miles...

The dealer was not negotiable at all... This was in minnesota :) anybody with the same results? did i over pay so much or is it an ok deal?

Back