What did you pay for your CX-5?

Thank you. so for $22,834 how much is it below MSRP

Using Truecar for a Touring with no options and no paint premiums (white or red), I see MSRP as 25,795, so you are almost $3K below MSRP. If there are no incentives included in your pricing, then this seems like a very good price! (TrueCar shows $23,500 in my area). But if you have loyalty or college incentive, those would add to the typical $2300 below MSRP that most are getting.

Had good credit (over 750) and they didn't hit me with a $500 0% fee in WI. Not even a mention of it. Is it possible that was their way of backdooring any loss on MSRP markup? I was nearly dead on with the True Car via USAA here, but they said the nearest dealer was in IL, where the tax rate shoots up to ~9% so I said nuts to that.

Well, it's not like they hit me up with a fee. They just told me the TrueCar pricing I had obtained did not qualify for the 0% financing; which it's true this was not specified on the TrueCar quote. So if I wanted the Mazda advertised 0% for August, that Mazda corp would revoke the "dealer cash" in the amount of $500. In order to make up for that, the dealer said I'd have to cover the $500 loss they would incur. In hindsight, I wish I had tried to negotiate this, but the dealer was already the lowest within 50 miles of my location.

Regarding the tax rate in IL, don't they use your home zip code for tax calculations? Not sure how that works for out of state purchases, but certainly that is how it works within California.

Got it. That makes sense. As for out of state, nah, they'll hit you every which way. I purchased in IN when living in IL and IN got their sales tax then IL wanted their cut too, so it was almost like double indemnity. When we moved from Chicago to WI, the state (WI) tried to tell us we owed tax on the purchase of our car in IL, and it took nearly 2 weeks to convince them we bought it before we moved here, so I'm pretty wary of out of state purchases now (at least in the midwest).

I recently purchased a 2015 Grand touring AWD - white

Technology Package
Parking sensor, rear
All weather mats
Roof rack, side rails

Final price with the $850 destination fee, $150 document fee and add-ons was $29,900 with 0%apr

I also traded in a 2005 pontiac vibe that had seen better days for $3,200 which is actually more than I expected.

Using Truecar for a Touring with no options and no paint premiums (white or red), I see MSRP as 25,795, so you are almost $3K below MSRP. If there are no incentives included in your pricing, then this seems like a very good price! (TrueCar shows $23,500 in my area). But if you have loyalty or college incentive, those would add to the typical $2300 below MSRP that most are getting.

it has a $1250 incentive included in it

Hey guys, just signed up to make this one post. I got the following quote, hope someone can tell me if its a good deal. I'm in Virginia.

2015 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/ Tech Package
MSRP: $31,475
Brown's Price: $29,668
Buy Happy Price: $28,818
Freight: $830
Processing: $389
Tax VA: $1276.57
New Tags VA: $65.75
Total OTD: $31,379.32

Does NOT include a possible cash rebate or labor day rebate or any discounts. No extra options or accessories were discussed or added in this.

Thanks!

Got a leftover 2014 sport manual with wheel locks, all weather mats, and cargo cover for 19700 (with dealer fee) + taxes and tags in Maryland. I was happy to get under 20k.

Just bought a 2015 CX-5 Touring with Bose/Moonroof, Homelink Mirror, and Roof Rails. MSRP: $27,695. In the Bay Area, CA, I checked many dealers. About half did not participate in TrueCar pricing. Found the Costco Auto price to be $1000 higher than TrueCar. I waited until I saw TrueCar dip another $300 and then printed my certificate for Fremont Mazda. Price before TTL was $24,940 ($24,440 after $500 Loyalty rebate). I opted to pay another $500 and get 0% financing for 5 years. Other dealers were $400 and $700 higher and would not match Fremont's aggressive pricing. The dealer was very easy to deal with, honest, and helpful; no curve balls to deal with.

Hi, I'm in the SF Bay Area too and looking for a CX-5 with config similar to yours. Was yours FWD or AWD? Did your final price of $24,440 include Regional($328), Destination($830) Fees and $500 loyalty rebate? Truecar is showing me $25593 including above fees and loyalty rebate.

2015 Touring FWD Liquid Silver
$24,650.00 (This includes Katzkin leather, wheel locks, cargo tray, and rear bumper guard)
$1,564.37 Tax
$589.50 Dealer Fees
$26,803.87 OTD

2015 Touring AWD Deep Crystal Blue with Sand cloth
$25,302
- $500 college rebate:
Price: $24,802
$150 Doc Admin Fee
$2,479.60 Tax
$212.75 License
$150 Doc Admin Fee
Out the door: $27644.35

Went thru TrueCar via PenFed pricing out a FWD and included the $500 college rebate. Then told dealers that contacted me that I'm considering both AWD and FWD. One dealer quoted $26,102 - rebates for the AWD. I told the other dealers and another one came back with $25,300 if I take mazda's 0% financing (which is really 1.67% when you factor monthly fees) or $24,800 with my own financing. I took $24,800 with PenFed's 36 month true 0% financing (no monthly fees)

What monthly fees? I took their 0% financing and it's straightforward my purchase price less trade-in divided by 48.

If they had added anything to that I would have just written them a check for the car...

2015 CX15 FWD Touring - no extras
Out The Door - 26,196
Price 23,795

Underwent serious BS to get that price which was basically truecar.com pricing (higher today). When I initially emailed them they quoted that price and I responded fine I'll also be taking the 0% offer as my credit score is very, very good. They agreed except that when I got there they tried to charge me 2,000 above that for taking the 0% financing. Wait, I just drove 60 miles to pay retail? Don't ya think I coulda done that without driving 60 miles?

Then they tried to chop 1,000 off the price, which might not have been that unreasonable, except they'd already agreed to the other price and we'd already handled the trade-in, which is part 2 of 4 here. They decided to quote me auto-trader pricing for the trade in (which remarkably is lower than the alternatives) but somehow he pulls a price 1,000 less than the actual auto trader price out of presumably, his behind. It's funny, I'm buying this in the middle of the high tech world, everyone there is on a laptop and they act like I can't price my car with an internet form. It was a good condition trade-in, reasonable miles and in good shape. The price they got it for was very fair, for them. Trying to renegotiate the original deal, with that already in play is nonsense.

So, when I go to the finance guy, he starts having me sign stuff but, fortunately, before I signed anything I asked what the price was, which was when I caught the 2K differential. There was a lot of confusion and distortion going on.

At this point I stop, say, "get me my fob, I'm leaving". I have to repeat that several times when I'm told the emails I received couldn't have been sent, etc., etc., etc...

"get me my fob, I'm leaving".

Magically, I get the price. Next time though, everything is separate: price, financing and the sale of my old car. My credit score is north of 800 I can get any financing I want, I had preapproved financing and my old car could have been easily sold. There was no reason to put up with any nonsense.

But, I'm not done. The car gets recalled, legitimately, and it doesn't even have 1,000 miles on it.

But, still not done, they called me to tell me that there is a problem with the paperwork and that I should stop by. Uh, I have a recalled car where I was told not to drive it just before a 3-day weekend. I don't actually anticipate any paperwork problems, the finance guy I dealt with was an idiot, so he probably did screw it up and I have a signed contract but this place is blowing my mind. I suspect they've already sold my car and discovered they can't for some reason, likely that I still own it. I hope to god nothing goes weird with this as I'll be doing the paperwork outside of the dealer.

I really like the CX5 but as you can imagine I'm none too thrilled with this process.

Last edited:
possibly6Speed: So sorry to hear about your purchase experience. Hopefully driving your CX-5 will make you forget about that part. Hopefully you have other dealers available if their service department isn't up to expectation either.

I didn't get the best deal out there but came within $400 of the best price I have seen on the forums.

Hi all! I just bought my blue reflex mica 2015 CX-5 Touring AWD with sunroof/Bose sound system yesterday. The dealer I went to didn't have my desired color and configuration so I have a black on black interior loaner right now until I can pick mine up tomorrow afternoon.

I got out the door for $27,813 including taxes, title, freight and processing fee. I got a $500 loyalty rebate so the actual price was $28,313 before the rebate. The base price for the car without taxes/fees was $25,400, which was really as low as I could get it but I think I got a good deal.

My mom also got a 2015 CX-5 today at a different dealer (we live about 3 hours apart) and she got a black on black Touring with sunroof/Bose system but FWD and her final price was about $350 cheaper than mine, so I chalk that up to my AWD, which was a necessity for me on my next car. We both got 0% financing and no extended warranties. Though she did get wheel locks and I didn't!

I sold my blue 2005 Mazda Tribute with just shy of 125k miles to a good friend who will take great care of it and I got about $3,250 more than Carmax and the dealer offered me to trade it in, so I'm quite happy about that end of the deal. It's in fantastic condition but I felt the mileage was getting too high and better to get my $ out of it before something major needs attention.

@possibly6speed:
I don't know what the laws are where you live, but in WA state, the dealer only has 4 business days to get financing done. So if after 4 days, the dealership calls you back and says you have to resign, you have every right to return the car and get all monies and trade back. This is a common trick that dealerships use.
Basically, the law says that they must get the financing approved on the terms to which you signed that day and if they don't, the contract is void. So I highly suggest you looking up the applicable laws in your state. I went through this about a year ago and I got my trade back, rental car reimbursement, lawyers fees and returned the car. In my case, they tried to rip me off of a tax incentive and the financing company threw it back at them. So they had to rewrite the contract, but to me.. I lost all trust in the deal and refused to sign a new contract. If they sold your trade, they have to give you the money.
Good luck!

You guys are getting some good prices. This is the best I've got so far:

2015 CX-5 AWD Touring, white/sand, Homelink, roof rails, wheel locks
Price 26995
Doc fee 398
Title 28
Loyalty - 500
SubTotal 26921
Tax 2234
License 460
Total 29615

Seems like a decent price, but not great. I need a Touring without the moonroof and there aren't many AWD in white/sand around. This one is about 6 hours away in another state.

What are your thoughts on the price? I'm debating between grabbing it while it's available or waiting for a better price.

You guys are getting some good prices. This is the best I've got so far:

2015 CX-5 AWD Touring, white/sand, Homelink, roof rails, wheel locks
Price 26995
Doc fee 398
Title 28
Loyalty - 500
SubTotal 26921
Tax 2234
License 460
Total 29615

Seems like a decent price, but not great. I need a Touring without the moonroof and there aren't many AWD in white/sand around. This one is about 6 hours away in another state.

What are your thoughts on the price? I'm debating between grabbing it while it's available or waiting for a better price.

What state are you in? Each state regulates what the maximum doc fee charge is. I'm in CA and I think here it's $125.

Also, the best deal you can get is 6 hours away? Can your local dealer just match that price or come close enough to make the drive cost even out?

What state are you in? Each state regulates what the maximum doc fee charge is. I'm in CA and I think here it's $125.

Also, the best deal you can get is 6 hours away? Can your local dealer just match that price or come close enough to make the drive cost even out?

I'm in AZ and the car is in NV. There aren't any white/sand Touring's here in Phoenix without the moonroof. Several dealerships here in town are trying to charge 499 for their doc fee.

Latest posts

Back