Project Pay2Play: My Eunos Cosmo has arrived!

Sand paper and matte black paint are a wonderful thing. When you said 'pay to play' I guess you weren't joking....

Damn about mazda no longer making parts - that could end up being problematic for you.... :\

I'd get in good with your local wrecking yard - maybe even find another cosmo that is broken or in bad condition as a parts car - to help keep your car on the road when things inevitably break down (happens with everything..).

Oh and i've got lots of vids for you my friend - just got to get them off the camera for you and so forth. I think i've got something which will be your favorite... a 13BT powered Beach Buggy drag car :p

(werd) i was thinking the same thing...thats like an hour job...

An hour I'll use on the old set someday when I have an hour to sand and paint...:D Doesn't hurt to have spares though (could be worth something when parts are really scarce)...especially with this car.

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Damn about mazda no longer making parts - that could end up being problematic for you.... :\

I'd get in good with your local wrecking yard - maybe even find another cosmo that is broken or in bad condition as a parts car - to help keep your car on the road when things inevitably break down (happens with everything..).

Oh and i've got lots of vids for you my friend - just got to get them off the camera for you and so forth. I think i've got something which will be your favorite... a 13BT powered Beach Buggy drag car :p

Yeah...I've thought about that but I think I'll start by collecting new and used parts little by little (I have very little storage space now unless I rent a garage or move out to the countryside...which I may do in the future)...Unfortunately...everything about owning a car (no matter the condition) is expensive in Japan. :(

The good news is Yahoo auctions is really popular in Japan and I have seen Cosmo parts listed...:D

About the vids...(woowoo) Bring it ON!!!

Just found an awesome source of genuine Eunos Cosmo info & pics including a translated version of the owner's manual in English! (2thumbs) Plus some very useful How-To tips...

http://www.eunos.com.au/data.html

There is also info for the entire Eunos model range...(cool)

You probably feel about like I did when I finally bought my Datsun (See sig)
I love classic Japanese cars, and yours is by all means a classic in my mind.
That car is as legendary as the old SSS Bluebirds that were so rare, even in their heyday.
You are a lucky man. Glad to see you got a mazda.

Enjoy and keep the media coming....

Finally had some free time after work to head on over to my local Mazda dealer and order up the Cosmo some L-O-V-E ;)

I'll be dropping the ride off this weekend for the following...

* Oil & Filter Change (I'd like to do this myself someday when I actually have a GARAGE)
* ATF (Auto Tranny Fluid) Change
* Install new factory A-pillar covers with special all-weather coating
* Remove window visors (these things are one of the most popular car accessories in Japan but I just don't dig them plus I'm sure it doesn't help the drag coefficient :p )
* Adjust Doors to fit just right (the doors are long, big and heavy suckers...after 12 years they need a bit of adjustment...especially the driver-side door)

Goodies I plan on installing myself...

* Factory New wiper arms and blades (purchased)
* AutoExe CF RamAir intake (on order)
ramcosmotanpin.jpg

* AutoExe Pluggies (on order - FD ver shown)
MFD930.jpg

Goodies I'm looking to buy in the somewhat near future...

* HDD Navi system (I care most about sound/screen quality and nav functions)

Alpine VIE-X075B4
vie-x075-b4.jpg

or

Clarion MAX9700DT
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>
max9700dt-012.jpg
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
or

Eclipse AVN777HD
AVN777HD.jpg

I hope Santa knows I've been on my best behavior! (thumb)

damn I need that alpine in my 510!

No one would ever suspect it in the glove box!

Anyway back on track....
Be prepared to replace the door hinges, generally In my experience, when you have to start adjusting so you dont have to try hard to latch the door, hinges will fail faster as they start to bind...

Sucks, especially when Nissan/Datsun topped producing your door hinges in 1983 or so.

I see a severe lack of performance parts in your shopping list Antoine! :p

wheres the "remove sequential turbo and install monster single"? hmmm?
:p

Haha...I'm doing the "balanced" approach...Upgrade a little here...a little there...

Speaking of serious performance parts...I recently spoke to FEED (one of the top rotary tuners in Japan) and we discussed what it would take to achieve over 400 rwhp and beyond (around 450 rwhp would be the limit for the stock turkeys)...I'll be posting more on this later...the recipe involves the HKS F-CON V Pro and relatively few parts although the cost = MUCHO YEN!

Have you looked at the Pioneer Z2

There are quite a few options available here in Japan...I'm still not sure what to go with...I'm not in a big hurry though...The time it will take to decide will be spent saving enough dough to buy one!

The average unit runs around $2000-2500 beans!

I believe Clarion's offering has an English voice option which would be nice...I want to check if the other makes do as well...I'm looking mainly at Clarion, Alpine and Eclipse. :)

Update on the AutoExe CF intake...Apparently, AutoExe no longer stocks these badboys but has them on "order made" status which means it will take WEEKS to get the part. :(

Hopefully, I'll be able to install it soon after the new year...I can't complain though...at least they are still making them!

ramcosmotanpin.jpg

Back