NGK Spark Plug ILKAR7L11 long term usage

Wow, this guy needs to be shut down. PE5S in the picture. But PE5R in the description. I bet you these spark plugs fail the resistance test.

Looks like those are rebadged Denso. Denso is my 2nd favorite spark plug
Yes that picture does show the Mazda OEM PE5S plugs made by Denso (ZC20HPR11) although if you order them you may receive PE5R NGK plugs? Strangely each time I visit my Mazda dealer, the parts guy always tells me he hasn’t seen OEM PE5S Denso plugs for a long time. I can’t even special order them as they aren’t available.

It also confuses us that it says 4 Pcs. on the title and showed in picture of 4 plugs for $19.49, but in reality it has to be 1 plug for $19.49.

Yes that picture does show the Mazda OEM PE5S plugs made by Denso (ZC20HPR11) although if you order them you may receive PE5R NGK plugs? Strangely each time I visit my Mazda dealer, the parts guy always tells me he hasn’t seen OEM PE5S Denso plugs for a long time. I can’t even special order them as they aren’t available.

It also confuses us that it says 4 Pcs. on the title and showed in picture of 4 plugs for $19.49, but in reality it has to be 1 plug for $19.49.
Nope, $19 gets you 4 sparkplugs, says so in the discription. Alibaba has them for .89 cents ea so there is quite a markup at $19 for four. Be careful out there, world is getting sketchy!

Nope, $19 gets you 4 sparkplugs, says so in the discription. Alibaba has them for .89 cents ea so there is quite a markup at $19 for four. Be careful out there, world is getting sketchy!
So from this particular eBay seller, he's sold 20 4-piece sets. I wonder if these buyers are satisfied with those "Mazda OEM spark plugs" with ¼ of the regular MSRP? And there're plenty of them selling on the eBay!

So from this particular eBay seller, he's sold 20 4-piece sets. I wonder if these buyers are satisfied with those "Mazda OEM spark plugs" with ¼ of the regular MSRP? And there're plenty of them selling on the eBay!
Yea, feel sorry for those engines, wow. Pissed me off, I actually messaged the seller and told him I was going to report him to ebay for selling counterfeit mazda parts. Of course I won't because ebay could care less. Its bulls#it

did they switch to denso for the 2017s? i thought i read about denso being the oem brand for plugs? is there a real difference between the expensive ngk iridiums and the cheaper IX iridiums?

My mechanic just installed the NGK ILKAR7L11 spark plugs this morning on my 2016 CX-5 Sport at 75,220. Drove on the highway/city, and there seems to be no difference in performance when compared to the factory plugs. So far so good.

I don't for one second believe that the NGK ILKAR7L11 plugs are any different from the Mazda branded OEM plugs. Even the OEM box shows that exact NGK part number on them. If there was any difference they would have a different NGK part number. Yeah they're triple the price, but they don't call it a $tealership for nothing! :ROFLMAO:

I'd be leery of buying plugs on Amazon or eBay unless the seller is an actual stealership. There's so many counterfeits out there, and sometimes it's hard to tell unless you really know what you're looking at.

Now that said, I do buy parts in eBay via the seller Quirkparts all the time. Quirkparts is a Mazda dealership in Mass.

Yeah they're triple the price, but they don't call it a $tealership for nothing! :ROFLMAO:
Actually this has nothing to do with Mazda dealers, but you should blame it on Mazda North American Operations. They’re the one setting up the price structure on parts.

I’d be very interesting to find out who makes the OEM Value spark plugs as the price is competitive to aftermarket, and there’re only a few known spark plug manufactures in the world.

Actually this has nothing to do with Mazda dealers, but you should blame it on Mazda North American Operations. They’re the one setting up the price structure on parts.

I’d be very interesting to find out who makes the OEM Value spark plugs as the price is competitive to aftermarket, and there’re only a few known spark plug manufactures in the world.
I would bet they're NGK Iridium IX's.

I'd be leery of buying plugs on Amazon or eBay unless the seller is an actual stealership. There's so many counterfeits out there, and sometimes it's hard to tell unless you really know what you're looking at.

Now that said, I do buy parts in eBay via the seller Quirkparts all the time. Quirkparts is a Mazda dealership in Mass.

I would likely only buy them from RockAuto or directly from NGK.com for a few bucks more.

I have purchased thousands of dollars of parts from Rock Auto over the years and never had a problem. I'm not sure what your experience is but I'd recommend them for just about any parts for any volume brand.
I buy OEM parts almost all the time, and I’ve never got any aftermarket parts from Rock Auto. Sometimes the price is too good to be true which makes me feel uncomfortable of using it (counterfeit?).

@txt990 Personally, I'm not a big fan of Rock Auto. I don't like their stacked shipping charges.

Here's a 4 pack of the spark plugs at Walmart for $45.49

There is a ion feedback system from the spark plugs, ⋯
Be careful, RockAuto lists those Bosch Double Iridiums as compatible. THEY ARE NOT!

I buy OEM parts almost all the time, and I’ve never got any aftermarket parts from Rock Auto. Sometimes the price is too good to be true which makes me feel uncomfortable of using it (counterfeit?).

I purchased a pair of Mevotech LCA's for my old Mazda3 from RA, and yeah, the low price was freaky, almost too good to be true low, but took the shot anyway. They turned out to be absolutely fantastic. They were just on clearance, so that's why they were $28 each!

I purchased a pair of Mevotech LCA's for my old Mazda3 from RA, and yeah, the low price was freaky, almost too good to be true low, but took the shot anyway. They turned out to be absolutely fantastic. They were just on clearance, so that's why they were $28 each!
Here is another example that Digbicks1234 had to replace the Gate belt tensioner he first got from Rock Auto with an INA tensioner. I simply hate to re-do any job I just did but have to re-do it again because of the inferior parts.

Belt Tensioner - Shouldn't this be a warranty item?

Here is another example that Digbicks1234 had to replace the Gate belt tensioner he first got from Rock Auto with an INA tensioner. I simply hate to re-do any job I just did but have to re-do it again because of the inferior parts.

Belt Tensioner - Shouldn't this be a warranty item?

Rock Auto sells the INA tensioner, too. Not quite sure how it is Rock Auto's fault that the Gates tensioner was faulty.

Back