Newbie questions

:
2016.5 CX 5 GT
As I am getting used to the new car I have come up with a couple of questions (at least for now). The first is that it appears I have to agree to the user agreement every time I go into the communications center. Can that be eliminated?
The second question is that I apparently don't have AVRCP on my LG G4 phone, so I can't take advantage of all the features available with it. Am I correct about this or am I just missing something?

When I select the audio source to be Bluetooth from my LG G2 (running 5.1.1), I don't see a song list, but the current song name does display and I can jump forward/backward using the buttons on the console/steering wheel. Pandora also works fine, it automatically launches from my phone when I select Pandora on the car, the car touch screen even allows like/dislike.

I apparently don't have AVRCP on my LG G4 phone, so I can't take advantage of all the features available with it. Am I correct about this or am I just missing something?

I am guessing that the G4 has Android with 'stock' Bluetooth stack and thus only supports AVRCP 1.3, which will not get you song listings, etc. This might change with the N release, but I don't know.
I too cannot see song lists.

The CX-5 owner manual lists only version 1.0 and 1.3 (page 5-108), so browsing might not work even if your phone supports 1.4 and up. I guess this will depend on future firmwares from Mazda.

As I am getting used to the new car I have come up with a couple of questions (at least for now). The first is that it appears I have to agree to the user agreement every time I go into the communications center. Can that be eliminated?
The second question is that I apparently don't have AVRCP on my LG G4 phone, so I can't take advantage of all the features available with it. Am I correct about this or am I just missing something?

I saw a tweak once that was supposed to eliminate or at least speed up the agreement message. It looks like a PITA to implement any changes to the firmware since you have to activate broadband access, then code some Unix commands then use a flash drive to install the changes. High probability of messing something up. Then you have to worry about when you take it in for service and they do a firmware update and wipes out all your changes.

It used to bother me at first but after a year I just ignore it. You can at least un-mute the radio and hear a radio station while it's prompting with the message.

I saw a tweak once that was supposed to eliminate or at least speed up the agreement message. It looks like a PITA to implement any changes to the firmware since you have to activate broadband access, then code some Unix commands then use a flash drive to install the changes. High probability of messing something up. Then you have to worry about when you take it in for service and they do a firmware update and wipes out all your changes.

That PITA was a long time ago. The community have made it super easy to apply the tweaks, just by downloading the Tweak Master Bundle onto a USB drive and plug it in. Please see the link in post #2.

Thanks for the ideas. I looked at the possibility of hacking and thought I had better not try it. So will just put up with the nag screen.It's good to know it wasn't something I did or didn't do regarding the extra features of using Bluetooth music. I can, at least connect via USB to see and access my music, just not as convenient.

The warning bugs but if you ignore the message it just goes away on its own. You don't have to agree to it or anything.

I never "agree" to the screen that pops up, I just drive away and it goes away in a few seconds. The mod for the infotainment system reduces that time it takes to disappear from a few secs to a few fractions of a second. I don't think anyone has completely removed it yet. It doesn't both me at all so I haven't applied any mods.

Back