MS6 Forged shortblock on its way!!

I don't know about broken........ I remember your other thread and P5freek said that when he got his wastegate he had it tested and found out it was set to what.......23 psi? and he had to have it tuned down or whatever?

Seems like ATP is tuning the wastegates in a way that registers 18 psi for them, but 20+ psi when it's actually on the car?

....... if your wastegate was defective from factory can you get it tested and possibly have ATP either

1. pay for your engine

or at least

2. have them develop a better way of testing the wastegates if it turns out your wastegate is fine, but actually set at a high psi?

You can check your WGA with a Vacuum/hand pump. I did this with both of mine cause I didn't know what they were set at?

drive shaft shop will make a set. expect to pay about $600 for a pair.

thats all fine and great (yawn), but everyone seems to have missed my earlier post stating that the differential would break before the stock driveline that he is replacing(and yes i understand that replacing a driveline can benefit in more than strength)... but now new axles? the differential will ALSO break before the stock axles ever will.

i don't mean to thread jack, cuz i think that this post has alot to do with your car. considering your car may be the most powerful MS6 out there when its done..assuming you get an EMS.

BOTTOM LINE: if you ever launch your car with this set up, and a decent amount of boost...you are very likely to break your rear diff/rear diff mounts/rear diff's front case.

so all i want to know is who can make us a whole new differential?? it gets very VERY hot (nobody can deny that, just try and touch it after driving it (nailbyt)). or ATLEAST a new diff mount (huh)

the rear differential i believe is the same or a revision of the one in the mazdaspeed protege, mazdaspeed miata and mazda rx-8. a replacement that is stronger should be easy to find or have made.

the rear differential i believe is the same or a revision of the one in the mazdaspeed protege, mazdaspeed miata and mazda rx-8. a replacement that is stronger should be easy to find or have made.
oh wow, i love this guy (cabpatch)
i pray that you are right!!

edit: but i still think there should be a diff mount, for the ppl that don't need to replace the whole diff i.e. stock or near stock ms6's.

Last edited:
drive shaft shop will make a set. expect to pay about $600 for a pair.

Man, if it means a reinforced rear axled/back end that will actually handle the power of the GT3076r, it's worth the $600 in my wallet......

I thank you for this knowledgable tidbit of info (thumb)

You can check your WGA with a Vacuum/hand pump. I did this with both of mine cause I didn't know what they were set at?

Great.......tell Chris how to do it and have him check his out........ see if his PSI setting was off, cause I get the feeling it wasn't "18"

oh wow, i love this guy (cabpatch)
i pray that you are right!!

edit: but i still think there should be a diff mount, for the ppl that don't need to replace the whole diff i.e. stock or near stock ms6's.

Yeah man Ken is awesome....... I sort of agree, but disagree..... things usually run down with age, your computer, your TV, your xbox 360, your cell phone, and even your car

I would rather a whole new rear end that I KNOW would be better built to handle 500 whp than a built mount, I'd like the whole new diff and axles....... it would give myself a piece of mind whenever I want to have fun. If they do decide to twin turbo and V6 the 2009 MS6, I'll buy one of those as a daily and go all out on my current MS6 whooooooooooo (2thumbs)

Chris good luck on your build man, but definitely think about getting your rear end looked into, not just the drive shaft, you don't want anymore breakage, as you've already experienced the frustration of a broken car (braindead

oh absolutely koenig, i would definitely replace my rear diff completely cuz as you all know i am a drifter ;). but i don't think the axles need replaced, as they are only handling 50% of the engines torque at maximum.

on a 500hp MS6, we'll say roughly 500ft/lbs as well. the rear axles will only ever see 250ft/lbs of power. the axles should easily be able to withstand that amount of power IMO.

oh absolutely koenig, i would definitely replace my rear diff completely cuz as you all know i am a drifter ;). but i don't think the axles need replaced, as they are only handling 50% of the engines torque at maximum.

on a 500hp MS6, we'll say roughly 500ft/lbs as well. the rear axles will only ever see 250ft/lbs of power. the axles should easily be able to withstand that amount of power IMO.

rear axle and diff would be swapped out on my car....... I go by 2 mottos in my life :D

"better safe than sorry" and

"the principle is like a condom........it's better to have it and not need it, then to need it, and not have it."

1ac07ad7.jpg

My driver's side cv joint (part of the axle) broke shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear (not launching the car, just accelerating onto the freeway). I have under 300whp so I would say the axle IS a weak link.

men 5k for that dammm, okay cristamass is coming. by next year i shall have this block and a gt 3076r and ill be in the 11's even if i need a new tranny per pass! i jus need the goodies....not afraid of pushing the limits!

i think ill go with a similair setup

new block.
71R.
and breaking my car every pass down the 1/4 mile... sounds good to me.(rockon)

men 5k for that dammm, okay cristamass is coming. by next year i shall have this block and a gt 3076r and ill be in the 11's even if i need a new tranny per pass! i jus need the goodies....not afraid of pushing the limits!

keep in mind we go with brand new blocks and crankshafts to start with. even if there were used cores available it would be damn near foolish to skimp and use them considering what is going into these engines.

keep in mind we go with brand new blocks and crankshafts to start with. even if there were used cores available it would be damn near foolish to skimp and use them considering what is going into these engines.

Does that mean you're using the cosworth blocks and crankshafts that I see for sale on the street unit website? :confused:

Does that mean you're using the cosworth blocks and crankshafts that I see for sale on the street unit website? :confused:

no, absolutely not. you cannot use standard injection naturally aspirated 2.3 blocks or cranks anymore than you can use the pistons and rods from them in these engines. the crankshafts and blocks are ordered from Mazda, part number specific to the Mazdaspeed6/3

Back