MS6 Forged shortblock on its way!!

the compression drop is half a point. being able to add in more boost and pull some fuel will help alot more than it will hurt :)

looks wonderful ken.

does JE or Weisco have pistons out for the 2.3l disi? what rods are going in? paulter? cosworth?

It's good to know there is a solid upgraded block out there now. Ya never know when you're going to throw a rod threw your ass end. (hmmmm......) I would sure like to know more about it. especially pistons and rods and what other goodies are going on.

AHHHH HA! From Protege Garage's website......

ProtegeGarage Built 2.3 Engine - Mazdaspeed6 and Mazdaspeed3 $4,995.00

Click to enlarge
Big turbos, new fuel systems, electronic engine management, free flowing exhaust ... all these parts give gains but will tax and max the stock engine before even reaching thier full potential. Built to Mazda factory specs, these engines are ready to drop into your modified Mazdaspeed, ready to be abused with higher boost and more power. All engines have the following components;

- Brand new cylinder block
- Brand new crankshaft
- Brand new bearings
- Brand new head bolts
- Arias Forged Aluminum Pistons
- Pauter Forged Connecting Rods

This engine is built with a half point lower compression pistons and much beefier rods than the stock Mazda hardware. Going with lower compression pistons allows more boost to be pushed into the engine with less fuel and more timing. This equates to cooler combustion temps, higher efficiency and the ability to run exponentially more boost on the stock fuel system and head. We will build engines to customer specifications and do not use any used or wrecked vehicle components. Please inquire via phone or email about custom engines and we build to suit your needs.

looks wonderful ken.

does JE or Weisco have pistons out for the 2.3l disi? what rods are going in? paulter? cosworth?

wiseco does have pistons for the car, but i am not a big fan of wisecos. JEs i am really not a fan of at all. i like supertechs, arias and cp in terms of pistons. the rods going in are pauter rods.

it should be noted, normal 2.3 n/a pistons and rods cannot and should not be used in these engines.

Dayum...this is going to be an 11 second car if driveline parts dont explode!

the driveline will be getting upgraded as well. if no one makes the parts, i will go custom. My setup will look something like this before the end of the year:

Protegegarage built shortblock
ATP 3076R Kit
3" turboback exhaust
Cobb access port (bang) ...if not, another EMS
3.5" ETS TMIC
Rear motor mount
Spec stage 2+ clutch
meth/alky injection for a high boost tune

I'm also working on looking for a low profile hood scoop that will sit over the TMIC to let cold air in and hot air out without looking ricey.

It should be a comfortable 11 second street car (thanks Ken!). I wont be taking into the track until my driveline is upgraded.

the driveline will be getting upgraded as well. if no one makes the parts, i will go custom. My setup will look something like this before the end of the year:

Protegegarage built shortblock
ATP 3076R Kit
3" turboback exhaust
Cobb access port (bang) ...if not, another EMS
3.5" ETS TMIC
Rear motor mount
Spec stage 2+ clutch
meth/alky injection for a high boost tune

I'm also working on looking for a low profile hood scoop that will sit over the TMIC to let cold air in and hot air out without looking ricey.

It should be a comfortable 11 second street car (thanks Ken!). I wont be taking into the track until my driveline is upgraded.

Why not a front mount?

The stock air vents direct air to the IC. Or were you talking about cooling the turbo? Just curious.

Engine looks fantastic.
Good luck.

Why not a front mount?

The stock air vents direct air to the IC. Or were you talking about cooling the turbo? Just curious.

Engine looks fantastic.
Good luck.

I dont like how the front mounts look on this car. If they took up the entire grill area it would look nice, but it doesnt look intimidating enough for me. The top mount will give better spool time (especially on the 3076r) and its easier to deal with then all the piping of the front mount. The TMIC will be fine especially with meth inj.

An opening in the hood would allow hot air rising to vent out of the hood instead of being trapped and heat soaking the intercooler. It would be a direct opening for more cool air to hit intercooler while driving.

The top mount will give better spool time (especially on the 3076r) and its easier to deal with then all the piping of the front mount.

I'm not so sure on the spool time...

Dadasracecar_WOT_Boost_Comparo.jpg

wiseco does have pistons for the car, but i am not a big fan of wisecos. JEs i am really not a fan of at all. i like supertechs, arias and cp in terms of pistons. the rods going in are pauter rods.

it should be noted, normal 2.3 n/a pistons and rods cannot and should not be used in these engines.

Any rod available for the 2.3 will work, you will just have to machine the crank to fit. And nobody start saying you are stupid if you machine the crank, big dog vipers do it all the time. I know of a twin turbo viper that had it done and runs strong. If you have a good machinist, anything can be made to work right.

are you doing anything to the cylinder head & intake manifoild?
how about the throttle body?

just curious

Back