MS6 Forged shortblock on its way!!

Just curious over here, but why did you choose to run the 3.5" TMIC as opposed to a FMIC.

Although I don't own a Speed6, it looks to me like to 3.5" TMIC would exchange less heat than the 3.25" TMIC or a FMIC. The reason I'm saying this is that I've seen the 3.25" TMIC in person and it looked like it barely fit under the hood with the 3.5" TMIC are you sure that the inter cooler itself will not be to high under the hood and prevent the air from flowing through it. After all the Speed6 motor fits under a STOCK Mazda6 hood.

SANY0444.jpg

All they had to do way cut away the hood support and it would fit. Mind you we run into the same problem with poor airflow to the inter cooler. I'm expecting the same result with the 3.5" inter cooler underneath the stock Speed6 hood.

Either that or maybe you should cut out the hood and make a vent in the hood to allow direct airflow.

I quickly read through this thread but I'm curious to know why exactly your other engine went. If it was detonation are you sure it wasn't cause by higher intake charge temperatures post inter cooler. I would invest in an Intake temperature gauge to see exactly what is happening under the hood. I still thing you'd have better results with a FMIC if you didn't want to cut the hood.

basically, MS6mike is running the same setup as mine except he is tuned and he made over 300hp at 17psi. I was running an 18psi wastegate(which atp gives you with the kit) and it was untuned so it was probably pushing close to 350hp with no added fuel and spiking. The overboost caused the motor to blow a rod.

I was going to run the 3.5 tmic to keep my cars sleeper status but I decided to sell it and go with the corksport. called corksport and they said it wouldnt be out for a while and was going to be rated around the same as cp-e's so I bought the cp-e fmic. The 3.5 tmic fits under the hood but you need a different motor mount which lowers your engine a few inches.

basically, MS6mike is running the same setup as mine except he is tuned and he made over 300hp at 17psi. I was running an 18psi wastegate(which atp gives you with the kit) and it was untuned so it was probably pushing close to 350hp with no added fuel and spiking. The overboost caused the motor to blow a rod.

I was going to run the 3.5 tmic to keep my cars sleeper status but I decided to sell it and go with the corksport. called corksport and they said it wouldnt be out for a while and was going to be rated around the same as cp-e's so I bought the cp-e fmic. The 3.5 tmic fits under the hood but you need a different motor mount which lowers your engine a few inches.

Keep in mind for the time mike had his car, with the new turbo and untuned, the boost was set @ 10 psi.....and he was racing it with that 10 psi

now that it's tuned he's putting 311hp to his wheels. are you sure he's boosting 17 psi with that tune?

and regarding the pic...... that is ONE ugly blue color to paint your MS6......... yeesh

Ken,

I thought I saw a while ago that the top of our pistons were specially designed for our DISI motors for compressing the fuel right when it is injected.. It looked like a couple of pages back when you were showing the stock piston and the new one that ours has more of a bowl shape to the top and the new ones are more flat?

Is that true, and if it is will it make a difference in anything? Also will lowering the compression ratio cause any problems with the direct injection?

Sorry for all of the questions, I'm just curious.

the arias piston has a slightly raised center like the stock piston does, so this should not be a problem. also, the arias pistons were designed from factory blanks i sent them, as were the pauter rods. the compression is only being dropped 0.5 a point, i don't forsee this causing any major issues or any issues at all really.

Oh, maybe I wasn't clear in my post. The baby blue 6 in that post is not a speed6 it's a regular 6 with the DISI engine and using a built standard I4 transmission. The car does the 1/4 in about 12 seconds I think from what they were telling me. The car weighs about 2500lbs with driver.

SANY0442.jpg

SANY0443.jpg

oh nice, it's one of those racing ones.

so 12 seconds and weighs 2500 lbs with driver eh?

Is it an entirely stock engine? or have they modified the engine at all ?

is it still FWD or did they do a conversion on it?

will that bumper fit on the speed 6 with the FMIC on it.. or no cuz it looks like ti sits lower and i might be able to get more flow to the IC without it being hidden on top by the crash bar..sorry for going off topic..but that would be sweet if the did the conversion on it.. it would be like the gst gsx conversions of the dsm world.

my GF has a mazda6 S....... I can check her bumper out and get measurements, lol.

The bumpers do not fit 100%. I've swapped them around before.

They are really close those, some of the mounting holes need a bit of adjustment but you can get it to work it just looks odd since the hood lines don't match up.

Sorry I don't have pics of this.

The car is FWD, and I think it's a totally stock speed6 engine. The transmission, clutch, and flywheel are all lightened and built to handle the power.

I didn't see the car run but it's most likely like 12.9's or something like that. You're still looking at around 10lb/whp + LSD with race slicks. So I guess that's like a Speed6 with about +350 to the wheels.

EDIT: FYI The rear bumpers are a direct swap.

The bumpers do not fit 100%. I've swapped them around before.

They are really close those, some of the mounting holes need a bit of adjustment but you can get it to work it just looks odd since the hood lines don't match up.

Sorry I don't have pics of this.

The car is FWD, and I think it's a totally stock speed6 engine. The transmission, clutch, and flywheel are all lightened and built to handle the power.

I didn't see the car run but it's most likely like 12.9's or something like that. You're still looking at around 10lb/whp + LSD with race slicks. So I guess that's like a Speed6 with about +350 to the wheels.

EDIT: FYI The rear bumpers are a direct swap.

in that picture.........is that not a speed6 hood on the car? cause it looks like it.

also, I feel that 350+ to the wheels on a mazdaspeed6 would garner it faster than 12.9s, when you consider looking at MS6mike and jcegmt (or something's) cars running less than 350 and doing 12.8 and 12.9 respectively.(boom03) who really knows........

aside from that, the hood likes like the speed6 hood, but I'm probably wrong...... I like the speed6 bumper anyways, with the foglights and such.

That is not a speed 6 hood.

yeah thanks, I saw it on MY monitor, I was looking at it at work on a crappy monitor, the paint and light reflections on the hood plus the crappy monitor was playing tricks with my eyes.

***UPDATE***

I found out today that my head had sustained damage along with the valves when my motor blew. )-: So its at a machine shop now getting a fully custom valve job. Everything is apart. My piston cracked in half and is lodged sideways in the cylinder. Looks weird. Should be done soon. ill keep everyone updated. If I get the new fuel pump, this car will be a BEAST.

Hoping to take the "First MS6 in the 11's title", but its gonna be a race of who has more money.

***UPDATE***

I found out today that my head had sustained damage along with the valves when my motor blew. )-: So its at a machine shop now getting a fully custom valve job. Everything is apart. My piston cracked in half and is lodged sideways in the cylinder. Looks weird. Should be done soon. ill keep everyone updated. If I get the new fuel pump, this car will be a BEAST.

Hoping to take the "First MS6 in the 11's title", but its gonna be a race of who has more money.

right! IT's on brotha! (breakn)

Back