How many Rotary Nutz do we have here?

KepOne, great pix. drool, drool, and more drool!! :D

MazKid said:
"piston engine goes *boing boing boing boing boing*, but the Mazda goes *hmmmmmm*"

:)

Dude!! I love that commercial!! I used to have a wav file of just that part, but lost it. I would KILL to have it again!!

twiztedjeckel said:
on a side note. shooting flames is a blast

speaking of flames, one of our club members has a 3-rotor fd that shoots MONDO flames....scares the s*** out of people who tail gate! :D

I love that car I love that car I love that car!!! we had our meeting tonight. I got to have a nice LONG ride in it...heh...it's sitting in my driveway right now!

Here he is with the NOPI trophy he won for the Asian Best of Show:
asian-best-of-show.jpg

MazdaspeedGirl, I have the comercial(video with sound), just the song, and just that part.

I'm on a 28K connection(AOL or the phone lines seem to be limiting us, we have a 56K modem, but it's always running 28K), but could send you the little sound byte of that part.

In my sig is a link to my MAZ club, 35+ members, and I spend too much time searching the net for these things, so I have a lot of the hard to get stuff.

Just tell me if you want me to send it to you, and I will when I get home from school.

Maz

when i get home i'll post a nice little pic of my buddies 3rd gen shooting some nice flames and a link to a video of a TII sitting in a parking lot shooting them. and yes it does make people tend to back the hell up off you when they see it.

case in point my dad was following me one night on the way home and i was just playing around and downshifted into 4th and slammed the gas and he said he saw about a 2-4' flame come out the exhaust, oddly enough a guy in a silver protege who was along side of me spiked his brakes he said right after i took off and that happened. gotta love Triangle powered cars!:D

rounded-triangle cars. :)

I think I'd have a problem if my car shot flames out the back...sounds like an inferno waiting to happen.

Most(all really) RX-7s don't do that stock.

I also have a vid of a 2nd gen on a road at night attempting a burnout and was shooting flames all over the place...doesn't sound too good either lol.

actually its quite the common accurance with modded or slightly moddified rotary vehicles. with a little luck this picture of my friends 3rd gen will work.

Attachments

• shot.jpg
    shot.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 137
That's why I said stock. I'm a pro-stock person. OE cars are the best, drive the best, last longer, ect.

My dad's a Mazda Master tech, he sees what mods can do to cars.

how do you justify saying original equipment is the best? why do you think theres a whole world of aftermarket stuff? because people want more and better stuff than what the dealer or manufacturer has to give us. is your so hot to trot for OE stuff than why do so many 3rd gen 7's have upgraded down pipes and exhausts and intercoolers just for example? its simple, the larger downpipes get rid of the incredibly hot exhaust gases that get hung up and linger in the main cat on your OE part. larger more productive intercoolers help bring in more and cooler charged air to the turbo and decrease the odds of detonation. those examples are good for any turbo'd car. i won't even get into intakes, fluids, radiators, suspension, wheels, tires, just about anything you can swap out on a "stock" car.

I didn't mean mods like that, I ment mods like swapping out the turbos for other turbos and major work. I understand some of it for practicality, but the rest I just don't really like.

Still though, all of our cars(minus my bro's cars), have only Mazda factory parts, and they all run like new and are super reliable. Weather they would be that reliable with different parts I donno, but why mess with a good thing...

hmmm....actually the rx-7 guys prefer single turbos cuz the twin turbos have major problems when you start modifying...or for that fact at any point. The TTs were the source of many probs with the 3rd gen 7s. When they redesigned the turbos and made them more dependable, the RX-7 had already been pulled from the US market. :( sad to say...

The new rotary doesn't have rounded "triangels" :)
They're kinda funky shaped...

MSGirl did yu still want that sound byte from the old rotary wagon commercial?

Yea, the 3rd gens from '93-'95 weren't the best. The apex seals were too thin and a lot of the engines didn't get past 50K mi.

The newer J-spec ones are awsome. :)

yeah well they tended to get a bad rap when you had your ultra knowledgable service techs diagnosing an engine with either bad turbo's or a blown engine when it could of been something as simple as a vacume leak or a vacume host blew off somewhere people tended to get a wee bit on the pissy side about things and replaced the engines and sad screw this and sold the car. so it wasn't exactly Mazda's fault, moreso there employee's

MazKid said:
MSGirl did yu still want that sound byte from the old rotary wagon commercial?

Yea, the 3rd gens from '93-'95 weren't the best. The apex seals were too thin and a lot of the engines didn't get past 50K mi.

The newer J-spec ones are awsome. :)
yes!! pleeeeeeeease gimme! ;)
You didn't get my email? I replied to yours...

3mm apex seals r best. :)

twiztedjeckel said:
actually its quite the common accurance with modded or slightly moddified rotary vehicles. with a little luck this picture of my friends 3rd gen will work.
lmao...baad ass!!

hay, wait a minute!! How the hell did you guys take that pic at speed?! :confused:

twiztedjeckel said:
yeah well they tended to get a bad rap when you had your ultra knowledgable service techs diagnosing an engine with either bad turbo's or a blown engine when it could of been something as simple as a vacume leak or a vacume host blew off *snip*
yah, let me tell you something about that...I have replaced the turbo system vaccuum hoses on a 3rd gen (fun). There were about 90 of those little suckers and about 20 were pinched closed. The dealer wanted all kinds of money just to diagnose the boost probs we were having. Being the car savvy girl I am, I told my (then) bf we can tackle it ourselves. He gathered tech info on the hose job (laugh) and we had the car in pieces for a week, but dammit we did it! and that's all it needed! I don't know how many of you guys have taken a 3rd gen engine apart, but there is a rack of solenoids that run the turbo system (10 if I remember right). Everyone of these solenoids have crutial duties in making the system run properly. We replaced the stock rubber hoses with hi-temp silicone clear hoses (easy to see if they are pinched).

Now THAT's my idea of fun...felt so good to feel her boost again...
I miss her (k)

Last edited:
Back