DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) is my new workout plan...

Micah said:
Are you kidding???? - How have you not played DDR? I've got a mad duct taped to my living room floor. I catch endless abuse from some of my friends about it.

It's the latest in Geek Style! lol.

lol! I guess I'll have to try it...

oh man I used to play this game alot back in 99. I was doing doubles and everything. that last version I was playing alot was 4th mix. around that time, I had got a girlfriend, and her free time was when my DDR time was, and I didn't want to be sweaty around her. So I stopped going. Never went back. Once I moved to San Francisco for school in August however, I have played the new versions a few times. There are DDR machines everywhere in SF. I will have to get back into it. I really need to lose this weight. And about the comment that people look silly on the DDR, I have met more girls playing DDR than I did not playing. They see my moves and they think its cute that I can dance, and have rythym, and that its cool I am not embarrassed. I have pictures when I played in Santa Cruz. I had a crowd of about 100 people watching me. it was insane!

Ceej said:
Ever think that there are jobs where, if you were seen doing something stupid it would effect how you are percieved?

Right, and if you're a fatass who needs a workout, NOT getting on a DDR pad could make people percieve you a certain way.

Either way, lay off, let them play their game, at least it's good for them.

Looks like they came out with DDR for the PC as well? How about Gamecube? Are there pads for the PC?

I've never played it, but I need some kind of fun work out.

Pirana said:
Patrick has gone to do the DDR, and he took ELEmental :eek: hahahaha :D

Yeah, I can vouch for LinuxRacr.. he is damn good at DDR. Some kid commented on seeing him in there before and that he was "damn good"...

Kooldino said:
Looks like they came out with DDR for the PC as well? How about Gamecube? Are there pads for the PC?

I've never played it, but I need some kind of fun work out.

There is a PC made-up version of DDR called StepMania on the computer. You can get pretty much all the songs for all the different versions. As for pads, I don't know if there is an official Pad for the computer, but I do know you can buy one for the PS2 and then also buy a PS2 to PC convertor. Personally though I would find the PC screen too small to play off of.

Hehe this thread has really encouraged me to get back into playing at home again. I find that my pad which I attached to a piece of 1/2 inch plywood works alright but not as good as the arcades.....stuff like missed steps where I know I hit it for instance. I might one day splurge and get one of those two metal pads that you posted Patrick as I know they are considered the best out there.

I've been playing Konamix for the PSOne a lot lately on workout mode. Basically I just set it to 1000 calories and keep playing till I'm done. Most songs I play on heavy, but my limit with the exception of a few songs is 8 feet though. I can do AfroNova Primeval or whatever it's called though and I believe that's 9 feet. The stuff that gets me confused the most is when they have a shitload of 1/16(I think that's what they are) notes all at once and in different directions. Just have a hard time reading what's next and then I usually completely screw it up. Guess I just need more practice!

BigBlue said:
There is a PC made-up version of DDR called StepMania on the computer.

Oooh, and it's free!

but I do know you can buy one for the PS2 and then also buy a PS2 to PC convertor.

I was thinking of that, but I wasn't sure if it would work. Do you know that they definitely do?

Personally though I would find the PC screen too small to play off of.

Bah, my main PC monitor is 21", and I have a HTPC hooked up to a 27" TV. I'll deal. :)

katsmp3 said:
can you play on x box

You sure can. X-Box has their version called Dance Dance Revolution Ultramix. It's a pretty good mix and another neat feature is that is has X-Box Live support as well as the ability if you pay $5 you can download song packs to extend the collection of songs. Thanks for the eBay link Kat....I might actually look at getting one of those.

I actually went out and bought the Mad Catz controller for the X-Box. The nice feature on that one was it actually comes with an adaptor so that you can use the same controller on either your X-Box or your PS/PS2. I have my X-Box connected to the main big screen in the house and when others are watching tv, I just bring the pad downstairs and play on the other tv that my PS is hooked up to.

You sound like you have a nice PC setup for the game then Kooldino. I have actually used a playstation dance pad on a convertor for playing Stepmania. It did work altho truthfully I found it didn't pick up steps as well as when I play on the Playstation itself. I'm not sure if it's just an issue with Stepmania or what honestly because I actually got Stepmania working on my modded X-Box and found the same issue when playing. It picks up a lot of the steps, but it just doesn't seem to work as crisply as actually playing the actual DDR games on either PS or X-Box.

If you get a cheap metal pad off ebay, you will need to mod it for durability. More details on this later when the links become available.

I just did an hour of ddr. Its hard to type and all the colors on this forum are swirling.

Hello everyone, I've been playing DDR for about a year and a half, i'm probably the best person in Toledo OH right now, lol. The bottom link on how to mod a metal pad is my page, and my metal pad i modded. If anyone has any questions i'd be more than happy to answer them. :D

And i read that someone has friends who can AAA all the max's....ummm, lmao, only 2 people in the world can AAA even Some of the Max's, and they live in Japan. I know of maybe 10 people who can even AA most max's, i'm sure you're friends are good, but unless you have pics of them AAA'ing those, i'm not buyin it, lol :bs:

If you do'nt know what ddr is, i have some random pics in my sig. that should give u a good idea of what it is (most of the pics are just scores though, sry)

Back