Cobb AP Discussion Thread

if it is partial throttle knock there is no worries as its just the ecu adjusting for max fuel efficiency.

God, I hope this is true. Ever since my MS6 was stock, I've been seeing up to 8 degrees of KR in PT vacuum around 2500 RPM. Recently I installed a SLS race pipe and installed the Stage2+SF map. Mods are the just the test pipe and the COBB SF intake. I've attached a log I did today if anyone has a second to look at it. My LTFT's look relatively decent, my WOT AFR's are pretty much spot on (maybe a tad rich, but I like safe rich), and I get no real knock outside of the PT vacuum issue I've had since stock. I hear/feel no pinging, my step colder Denso's show no sign of detonation, the car doesn't feel any different when it is "knocking", it just keeps worrying me even though everyone says it's max fuel efficiency adjustments.

On a side note, maybe it's 'cause I'm coming from a catless SRT-4 with full 3-inch exhaust, but I noticed absolutely zero sound difference with the SLS test pipe. Definitely feel the difference though, my MS6 is starting to "feel" just as powerful as my stage 2 SRT with the AP stage 1 to stage 2 map upgrade, but with much better features and all four wheels turning.

How does this log look to you guys?

Attachments

• Stage2+SF 91 v105_101002173233.xls
    784.5 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
Off topic, but what AP map are you using with a Fujita CAI?

I have a custom map a guy on here did for me (basically a tweaked OTS) and I have been tweaking it ever since. I did a maf calibration in which no matter the CAI you run you will prob have to do any way. The Fujita was on the car when I bought it, I prob would have bought something else if it was me purchasing.

Hey guys,
I just installed my AP and wanted to get some feed back on the numbers that I have. Any other suggestions on tweaks that should be made to my SPD6 would also be appreciated.

View attachment 177367

WOW your car is still alive?

20 psi with a 13.38 afr, but retarded timing.
17 psi with afr of 12.9 still retarded timing.

What do your long term fuel trims look like?

i see a 20psi at 3350 rpm, 19psi at 32xx! wow, and im scared 12 psi under 3500 rpm is gonna make my car blow up lol.
i run 0 waste gate duty cycle under 3500 and the car still builds 11-13 lbs.

IMO thats a little too lean to be safe, but the action you take is up to you.
I in comparison I run about the same boost, more aggressive timing and around 11.8-12.1 afr.

EDIT: Just noticed in one spot with throttle at 70+ percent and rpm rising from 3200 to 3800 you struggle to build more then 14 lbs boost.
but in another you spike 19 and 20 at around the same rpm! wow.

Last edited:
God, I hope this is true. Ever since my MS6 was stock, I've been seeing up to 8 degrees of KR in PT vacuum around 2500 RPM. Recently I installed a SLS race pipe and installed the Stage2+SF map. Mods are the just the test pipe and the COBB SF intake. I've attached a log I did today if anyone has a second to look at it. My LTFT's look relatively decent, my WOT AFR's are pretty much spot on (maybe a tad rich, but I like safe rich), and I get no real knock outside of the PT vacuum issue I've had since stock. I hear/feel no pinging, my step colder Denso's show no sign of detonation, the car doesn't feel any different when it is "knocking", it just keeps worrying me even though everyone says it's max fuel efficiency adjustments.

On a side note, maybe it's 'cause I'm coming from a catless SRT-4 with full 3-inch exhaust, but I noticed absolutely zero sound difference with the SLS test pipe. Definitely feel the difference though, my MS6 is starting to "feel" just as powerful as my stage 2 SRT with the AP stage 1 to stage 2 map upgrade, but with much better features and all four wheels turning.

How does this log look to you guys?

Sorry but thats a horrible log lol.
Its like an hour long! 34 minutes actually.

i dont see any pull up to the 700ish second mark. and even then its only for 800 rpm.
the rest looked ok, crusing afr's seemed fine and what not. a couple spikes of knock retard. Dont confuse knock retard for knock, the car is just sensing a condition where knock could occur and pulling timing + adding fuel to combat that.
you could tweak fuel if you really wanted to.
Don't worry about a degree or two of knock retard.

I will get a log of a run and post it up if i can ever figure out why atr only takes a data point every 0.8 seconds.

im only doing like 6 at most. and still i keep seeing .8 sec intervals.

boosted squid is 8 items and he has 0.4 sec intervals. is it better to log not doing pass through tuning?

k well travis from cob informs me pass through tuning and logging as a bit slower.
Nothing wrong with that but that fully answers my question.

WOW your car is still alive?

20 psi with a 13.38 afr, but retarded timing.
17 psi with afr of 12.9 still retarded timing.

What do your long term fuel trims look like?

i see a 20psi at 3350 rpm, 19psi at 32xx! wow, and im scared 12 psi under 3500 rpm is gonna make my car blow up lol.
i run 0 waste gate duty cycle under 3500 and the car still builds 11-13 lbs.

IMO thats a little too lean to be safe, but the action you take is up to you.
I in comparison I run about the same boost, more aggressive timing and around 11.8-12.1 afr.

EDIT: Just noticed in one spot with throttle at 70+ percent and rpm rising from 3200 to 3800 you struggle to build more then 14 lbs boost.
but in another you spike 19 and 20 at around the same rpm! wow.

Thanks for the feedback. I pulled the map off of my spd6 and went back to stock until I learn a little more about the tuning game. Is the tuning something I could tinker with on the AP? I also hear everyone talk about tuning the MAF. Would that be a first step?

Take a datalog with the access port and watch your maf g/s and the Long Term Fuel Trims in %. From this you have breakpoints that the car looks at to make a general correction on fuel. The Short term fuel trims make more short term corrections. Basically your maf looks at how much air is going in and decides how much fuel to put in.

From there you will have the 5 different breakpoints for fuel trims.
0 – ~5 grams/sec, ~5.01 – ~18 grams/sec, ~18.01 – ~31 grams/sec, ~31.01 – ~69 grams/sec, ~69.01 grams/sec – full sensor range.
From there you can go into access tuner race, hi light and copy the cells into something like excel where you can write a formula and drag it across cells to get a modification of fuel trims.

EX. =A1+(A1* "Correction % ") use a plus or minus based on the LTFT%'s that the datalog showed for each breakpoint. If you already have access tuner race i highly reccomend printing off the help file/PDF doc and reading it over. Great tuning advise and a breakdown of how each table works and what changes you have made will affect in the long run. Some little known tables are not as well described but maf, boost, load and ignition are pretty well described.

Take a datalog with the access port and watch your maf g/s and the Long Term Fuel Trims in %. From this you have breakpoints that the car looks at to make a general correction on fuel. The Short term fuel trims make more short term corrections. Basically your maf looks at how much air is going in and decides how much fuel to put in.

From there you will have the 5 different breakpoints for fuel trims.
0 – ~5 grams/sec, ~5.01 – ~18 grams/sec, ~18.01 – ~31 grams/sec, ~31.01 – ~69 grams/sec, ~69.01 grams/sec – full sensor range.
From there you can go into access tuner race, hi light and copy the cells into something like excel where you can write a formula and drag it across cells to get a modification of fuel trims.

EX. =A1+(A1* "Correction % ") use a plus or minus based on the LTFT%'s that the datalog showed for each breakpoint. If you already have access tuner race i highly reccomend printing off the help file/PDF doc and reading it over. Great tuning advise and a breakdown of how each table works and what changes you have made will affect in the long run. Some little known tables are not as well described but maf, boost, load and ignition are pretty well described.

He should Google the how 2 on that, the best one isn't on this site.

Also reading the Cobb pdf for the AP would be good for him, it was for me.

Back