Cobb AP Discussion Thread

djdanny5000

Contributor
:
2007 Mazdaspeed 6 GT Retired: 2002 Protege 5
I installed the Cobb AP using the Stage2+MSCAI map and i can feel the difference. Power stays to redline and pulls alot harder through the entire RPM range. I was also looking at the PSI using the AP and it showed i was spiking to 20 PSI and then it would settle down to about 16.5 to 17.5 PSI. This thing is awesome!!! Question though how do i download the readings onto my computer?

Did you installed the AP manager? If so go to view and select advance. You will get the datalog list. What I do is drag them into my deck top and open them with excel.

well i figured out why i couldnt find the datalogs, my AP didnt have the latest firmware. I went ahead and updated it and im gonna take some readings tomorrow. Also which option do i choose on the AP to check my A/F ratio?

it says actual afr....

also log...(fuel pressure, knock, rpm, boost, spark advance, waste gate dc, electronic throttle response, and boost temp)

www.mzdspd.com for other maps or info on logging.

I just installed mine yesterday. Drove it easy for about 80 miles and tonight I decided to see what she had :) I turned off a road to another and while accellerating in 3rd I took the rpms up to 3200 and started pressing the pedal down until I hit the floor. When I started pressing the pedal at first I thought it was very strong. As I got closer to the floor I was thinking this is a bit faster than before. And OMFG when I was at wot this thing squated back and threw me back in the seat. I was at 18.6 psi. I could not believe how fast it was.

The car runs sooo much smoother and stronger. All the bucking and sputtering is eliminated! Shifting also feels MUCH better. Not sure why this is. Plus I am not getting as much knock as before. WOT from 3k to 6k was 0.0
LTFT still havent gotten as low as I like. Im at 11 at idle and cruising. 7 to 9 when driving aggressive.

They are little better now. 5-7 while accellerating and at wot. Still 10 at idle.

I'd flash it again or disconnect the battery and let the computer relearn the trims again. I know I did that after I saw my LTFT's spike to 7-8 at wot but at idle they were around .7-3.2 I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes and this time planned a little session by the highway right next to my house. From my house exit to the next exit was 2 miles. So in the beginning I drove the access road where I would be at a dead stop at the light and do some gradual 0 to 50's and cruise to the next light. I'd turnaround at the light and do the same going back. I did this like 4 times. Next I would accelerate onto the highway and get up to 75 and cruise at that speed. I would wait get off two exits down so I could get a little cruise time. I'd take the turnaround and do it gain. Doing this my LTFT's have drop to 0-0.7 at idle and it may go up to 3.5 at the most during wot, but will return to 0.

At least that is what I did and it seemed to help with the LTFT's.

Hey qwik what type of buckering and sputtering where you experiencing before the cobb ap?? Is it your fuel pump because all you have from your sig for engine performance is an intake (before the ap). Glad to see more people liking their ap's.

Shifting from 2nd to 3rd under hard accelleration the car would buck really bad and sputter and sorta backfire. Im assuming cut? But the AP helped this. I cant say it eliminated it since it did it a tad yesterday on me. But I believe its the cold weather. My fuel pressure reaches close to 1800psi. I have yet to nail it through all the gears since I havent had to ;)

I do plan on getting the upgraded fuel pump sometime this year.

LTFT = ?

Sorry for the Cobb AccessPort newb question. I am thinking of getting this and in the process of reading up on it.

hey guys i ran a quick run through 3rd and a lil bit through 4th attached is the datalog let me know what you guys think.

Attachments

• datalog3.xls
    69.5 KB · Views: 982
Back