Best oil

How much distance do you guys who use synthetics go between oil changes? Porsche recommends 10,000 miles or 1 year in my Cayman S using Mobil 1, and I'm guessing their engineers figure in a lot more engine thrashing than you'd expect in a Mazda SUV.

How much distance do you guys who use synthetics go between oil changes? Porsche recommends 10,000 miles or 1 year in my Cayman S using Mobil 1, and I'm guessing their engineers figure in a lot more engine thrashing than you'd expect in a Mazda SUV.

As long as I am in warranty I won't be exceeding 6 months/7500 miles... after that I will push it to whatever Blackstone says I can.

Just FYI, I asked my dealer (which did stock the Mazda oil and used it for oil changes at the time) why so many dealerships were dropping the Mazda Oil, and he said that it was mostly about people freaking out about $75 oil changes. Cheaper oil means they can keep the total cost under $50, which most people seem to find acceptable for a dealership job. Unfortunately, that dealership promptly went out of business 2 weeks after I bought my car.

Hi:

Doing a google search it looks like the Caymen has direct fuel injection and a 12.5 to 1 compression ratio. Comparable to the DFI and 13 to 1 for the CX-5. Two criteria is seems would effect oil change intervals.

Should it go to 10,000 miles? Oil analysis would be able to tell, however during the warranty period it would be prudent to stick with a 7,500m interval required by Mazda.

Honestly, 10k vs 7.5k intervals means 6 vs 8 oil changes during the warranty period, or $80 additional cost from Med Center Mazda for the first 60k miles if you DIY. $80 seems worthwhile price to pay when Mazda will pick up the tab for any major engine failure.

Back