yes...another hid question

:
Mazdaspeed3
the apexcones are about 100 bucks cheaper than the philips hids. any real notable tradeoff going with the less expensive?

oh and theres a reg type and racing type...we that means....they say 50watts for racing or off road. i thought hids were rated in kelvin? light outputs rated in lumens....so whats the 50w mean?

Last edited:
oh yea. this site also has demon....halo eyes for our cars. they look ******* tight as hell i must say so myself. but i know you have to take apart the headlight assembly. anyone do this yet? or know anyone who has or something so i can get the 411 on that also? thanks yall.

my brother was going to put some of those on his scion, but he was worried about the process someone told him to use. you're supposed to bake it or something, to open the casing (or lens) of the light and glue them on and seal them back up. i don't know for sure, he could have had his facts wrong as well.

I baleeb that's wrong. The hid kits that xenonexpert has are hib bulbs molded as the stock halogen bulb case. You just pull the old bulbs and pop in the new ones. There may be some splicing with the ballast, but I'm not 100% on this.

i've always heard 35 watts are the ones to go with? those are the street legal ones in Massachusetts. I have 8000k's on my mazda3.

The only time you would need to bake your headlight would be to put angel eyes in I think. I saw someone do it and it was a long and pretty messy process, his lights looked sick afterwards but I don't think it's worth the effort. Also for our cars don't you have to pull the bumper off just to get the headlight out?

As for the HID's I bought, they were plug and play -- i.e. like houpro5 said, "pull out the old ones, pop in the new ones," good luck though the area to work in is TINY (if you don't full out the whole headlight casing), once you get them in then just plug them into the ballasts, and mount the ballast wherever you can find some space.

The angel eyes are easy to install. Just got to pull the headlight housing out and bake it in the oven to get the glue that holds clear cover on to loosen up. after that its lining up and siliconing the rings into place. Wiring is easy, wire to the parking lights, or any Ignition\acc wire so they come on when you start your car. They are totally worth it. You do have to pull the bumper off and its easy going after that.

50 watt HIDs are going to be higher output than 35, and you will need to run more wires as the stock wiring wouldnt handle the extra wattage.

Old ass picture of my car
IMGP1632.jpg

thanks for the feed back guys...def helpful. i just bought rims, tires, TBE, tint, forge BOv, spin on conversion and a sandwich plate for my oil gauge. I might have to wait on the headlights for now. lol. but def helpful for the future. btw those angel eyes look so f-in tight.

Back