yellowmsp035's Engine/Turbo Build

excellent man. very nice setup. looks amazing. i wish i could get some funds together to finish mine dammit.

Nice engine SEtup...I can seriously appreciate the attention to detail.

Thanks guys for all the kind words..

If anyone has any of the parts from that list that I still need, let me know.. It would be much appreciated

Thanks again guys

That build looks amazing, can wait to see it finished. Im going to be looking up to you when i start my build because its people like you that make us appreciate these cars and what there capable of.

or even harder.. a protege into a racecar/showcar haha

the hard part about my build is trying to create a show car (JDM is my liking :)) a race car and a daily driver with everything functional. the HARDEST part about it, is trying to make it all competitive in all. it is hard to make a circuit racer, drag racer, autoXer, show car AND street car and be competitive in all.

you will all probably say it will never happen... and i know i will never be the BEST in every category but im trying to do WELL in most of them. i have most of it figured out, but it isnt easy.

going from an autoX to a drag race is complete opposites.. from a small quick spooling turbo with small contant power, to big turbo with all power for dragging.. instead of just choosing a happy medium and being mediocre in all categories.. im trying to battle the opposites. for example, running a GT35R for big boost and drag racing, while adding a ZEX turbo nitrous system that sprays at full throttle until a preset PSI, to achieve significant low end power and spool that big turbo quicker. this will help me in the autoX. there is A LOT more to it, but this was an example of trying to fight both battles which seems impossible

all in all its tough. but this is what i have wanted to build for years and think of the ULTIMATE tuner car. if it doesnt work, oh well, i would have always wondered "what if" if i never tried

thanks to everyone for noticing and appreciated my hard work. makes me feel like all the hard work is paying off when being admired by other MSP enthusiasts... and the car isnt even on the road yet haha

or even harder.. a protege into a racecar/showcar haha

the hard part about my build is trying to create a show car (JDM is my liking :)) a race car and a daily driver with everything functional. the HARDEST part about it, is trying to make it all competitive in all. it is hard to make a circuit racer, drag racer, autoXer, show car AND street car and be competitive in all.

you will all probably say it will never happen... and i know i will never be the BEST in every category but im trying to do WELL in most of them. i have most of it figured out, but it isnt easy.

going from an autoX to a drag race is complete opposites.. from a small quick spooling turbo with small contant power, to big turbo with all power for dragging.. instead of just choosing a happy medium and being mediocre in all categories.. im trying to battle the opposites. for example, running a GT35R for big boost and drag racing, while adding a ZEX turbo nitrous system that sprays at full throttle until a preset PSI, to achieve significant low end power and spool that big turbo quicker. this will help me in the autoX. there is A LOT more to it, but this was an example of trying to fight both battles which seems impossible

all in all its tough. but this is what i have wanted to build for years and think of the ULTIMATE tuner car. if it doesnt work, oh well, i would have always wondered "what if" if i never tried

thanks to everyone for noticing and appreciated my hard work. makes me feel like all the hard work is paying off when being admired by other MSP enthusiasts... and the car isnt even on the road yet haha

My Respect to you and your Build Scott... You know what you are building is basically an animal from another planet.. I can't wait to see what numbers you'll be putting down I'm here for anything you might need...

Mazdaspeed2oo35

wheres the finished bumper!!?? that looks sick for real, i like the engine setup, red doesnt really match anything but it doesnt matter! cuz it looks freakin hot lol

red matches everything. my interior is red sparco fronts with reupholstered matching rears with black suede headliner and door inserts with red stitching.

the bbk and rear calipers are getting powder coated candy red to match also, and ill be swapping out the red Work lugs for some red ones.

the car is in pieces right now, but will be slowly put back together.. ill update as it comes together

i love the red! i was doing red under the hood as well... not quite to the level that you are going...
Anyways, it looks sick! When do you forsee it being back on the road?

Hoping for the spring time. Got a couple trips planned (one being out to nova scotia) so I hope to have it done. I wanted it on the road last year too but that didn't happen... So we'll see how it all goes

I think its funny he calls it a daily driver :)
this is going to be the only daily driver that could push into the 12 seconds.

your work thus far is amazing especially the new location of the radiator in order to fit the turbo! well done...

11's should be no problem with some wide-ass slicks!

What do you have in mind for daily rubber. I loved my BFG KDW's in dry and wet since it's warm 9/12months a year here. But right now since it's not hot as hell out yet I can light them up in 4th gear at 4k! I'm probably going to get some dr's next!

Looks soooo beautiful...and close to what I'm planning soon but with a gt3071 around 400whp!

thanks buddy

i have a couple sets of tires, i have the Proxe T1R on right now but are pretty much shot, and i will probably replace them with KDWs, RT615s or NT-01s

i have had the KDWs before and liked them, they were way better then my Toyos now. i was even thinking of an R-compound for the streets. but im doing a big road trip this summer and dont want to run them the whole trip.

i need to buy new race rims now that are AT LEAST 17s to fit the Rotoras so tires are getting expensive quick haha

good luck with your build man

Back