What new Mazda is coming?

Subaru owners are passionate about its AWD and safety. My wife is buying a new Crosstrek and doesn*t care about 0-60 times. She*s owned various Subarus for 20 years. Worth noting that in February Subaru sold over 8000 Crosstreks compared to 1300 CX-3s. Maybe this CX-30 will close the gap. My priorities are very different, so my new CX-5 turbo is *my* car.

I think what Mazda really needs is something between the CX-5 and CX-9.

-kp

They'll have to call it something like the CX-70. The CX-7 moniker still has the stench of being one of the worst SUVs of the century. Can't believe I seriously considered it.

The plastic is excessive, but it's still a nice looking car. Should compete with the Crosstek nicely. Does it come with AWD?

I loved my CX7 and had lots of fun with this durable vehicle. First year production run had some issues with turbo seals on a small percentage which gave the model a bad name by some who liked to disparage anything they can. Ed

Baffling indeed considering how utterly gutless a Crosstrek is.

According to the early write-ups, the CX-30 will have the SKYACTIV 2.0L. Not exactly a race winner! Its a dog in the CX-3.

Ill believe the SKYACTIV-X when I see it. We have been promised the diesel for 5 years and still no sign of one.

I think what Mazda really needs is something between the CX-5 and CX-9.

-kp

An 'Outbacked' 6 wagon would be nice IMO....

https://jalopnik.com/why-mazda-desperately-needs-to-build-its-own-subaru-out-1707441008

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/06/mazda-cx-6-mazda6-wagon/

mazda+cx-6+kayak+dark+rack.jpg

According to the early write-ups, the CX-30 will have the SKYACTIV 2.0L. Not exactly a race winner! Its a dog in the CX-3.

Ill believe the SKYACTIV-X when I see it. We have been promised the diesel for 5 years and still no sign of one.
The 2.0L, really? Shame Mazda...CX-3 feels completely gutless with that engine, can only imagine the CX-30 with it.

Maybe there's an engineering reason for the cladding proportions. Remember this is a crossover-ized 3. Wheel arches need to accommodate more suspension travel so they had to alter that area and there may be limitations to what you can do with the sheetmetal, adequate support for the metal, and still have room for the wheel movement. Then the bumper may have to be the way it is for regulations and then they need a way to visually tie it to those arches.

Speaking of weird crossoverizations I saw an Eclipse Cross today. Quite a change from what an eclipse used to be. Not sure why they even call it that.

Maybe there's an engineering reason for the cladding proportions. Remember this is a crossover-ized 3. Wheel arches need to accommodate more suspension travel so they had to alter that area and there may be limitations to what you can do with the sheetmetal, adequate support for the metal, and still have room for the wheel movement. Then the bumper may have to be the way it is for regulations and then they need a way to visually tie it to those arches.

Speaking of weird crossoverizations I saw an Eclipse Cross today. Quite a change from what an eclipse used to be. Not sure why they even call it that.

Awe look, it's their very own Aztek!

(puke)

I loved my CX7 and had lots of fun with this durable vehicle. First year production run had some issues with turbo seals on a small percentage which gave the model a bad name by some who liked to disparage anything they can. Ed

Agree. I had a first year CX-7 for over a decade and suffered the turbo failures. It was a fabulous car otherwise. Never really gave me any other trouble and was the perfect size for a crossover imo. Ive been surprised to see the ragging on it around here.

I think the 2.0 in the CX-3 is detuned due to the space limitations and exhaust header changes. That shouldnt be the case for the CX-30.

I think some folks are confused. The base engine is the 2.5 SA-G. Then the optional engines will be the 2.0 X and supposedly a mild hybrid.

I think some folks are confused. The base engine is the 2.5 SA-G. Then the optional engines will be the 2.0 X and supposedly a mild hybrid.

At least one of the articles said it was the 2.0 NA , but it also said 186 HP so something didn't sound right.

Agree the CX7 was a good car. Love the opaque tailights on whatever trim that was. As for passionate "Subie" *shudder* owners ... I know some passionate Mazda people. [emoji16]

Back