What new Mazda is coming?

Next up: CX-60, competing with the Outback.
Put the turbo in it and rule the world.

So it's basically a new, slightly larger CX-3, but built on the Mazda3 platform rather than the Mazda2.

Based on dimensions it's smaller than the new Mazda3 Sport, but with more plastic and an inch or so more ground clearance. Seems like the Subaru Crosstrek formula, except IIRC the Crosstrek is slightly larger than the Impreza.

The Crosstrek body is an Impreza. Same dimensions.

Its an Impreza SUV....

Even the wheels look Crosstek-ish with the squarish shaped spokes. Too much cladding for my taste. But the Crosstek sells like hot cakes, gutless engine and all.

A coworker has a crosstrek. She came from a 350z and loves the handling and acceleration of the crosstrek. I truly am baffled.

Even the wheels look Crosstek-ish with the squarish shaped spokes. Too much cladding for my taste. But the Crosstek sells like hot cakes, gutless engine and all.

Sticking w/'Crosstek'..nice! Already on:

https://www.mazdausa.com/cx-30

Like the 'Trek but to love its acceleration is to not care (like really at all) about acceleration

Cladding and all this is a likely front runner to replace my aging 5er- size looks about perfect- won't need turbo for decent motivation and compression ignition option which I'm..hopeful.

Last edited:
Goofy name aside, this would be a great looking vehicle if it weren't for the hideous plastic cladding. It's odd how every review of every SUV on the market savages the use of this stuff and yet makers keep adding more and more of it with no apparent negative effect on sales.

The CX-30 looks like a bride walking down the isle wearing muddy workboots. The cladding is cartoonishly out of proportion with the sleek body lines the rest of the vehicle has.

The CX-30 looks like a bride walking down the isle wearing muddy workboots. The cladding is cartoonishly out of proportion with the sleek body lines the rest of the vehicle has.

You hit the nail on the head. I like the cladding design of my Gen 1 CX-5. On this CX-30, looks way out of proportion to the rest of the vehicle.

This thing with 186hp is competing in same class as the 140hp CVT HRV.

Cladding is excessive but still far better than Honda, Toyota, and the rest.

You hit the nail on the head. I like the cladding design of my Gen 1 CX-5. On this CX-30, looks way out of proportion to the rest of the vehicle.

Yea I mean I think the CX-5 would look better without it but its tasteful. I do like the bottom of the door cladding that wraps under so your jeans dont get dirty stepping out.

A coworker has a crosstrek. She came from a 350z and loves the handling and acceleration of the crosstrek. I truly am baffled.
Shut up! Even the Subaru saleslady when I asked "Am I going to hate freeway merges in this thing?" Was like "You sure you don't want to try the Forester? [emoji16]

Shut up! Even the Subaru saleslady when I asked "Am I going to hate freeway merges in this thing?" Was like "You sure you don't want to try the Forester?* [emoji16]

Like I said, I haven't driven one, but I am capable of reading the numbers, and I have no clue why she feels how she feels. It is one thing that is a true mystery. She's not stupid. Nor is she especially emotionally attached to it. Nor is she ignorant, saying things like "We lost 2mpg because of the large offroad tires we put on it (I seent em! I can believe that). I...just dunno.

Like I said, I haven't driven one, but I am capable of reading the numbers, and I have no clue why she feels how she feels. It is one thing that is a true mystery. She's not stupid. Nor is she especially emotionally attached to it. Nor is she ignorant, saying things like "We lost 2mpg because of the large offroad tires we put on it (I seent em! I can believe that). I...just dunno.
Having driven a Crosstrek (my mom's 2015) I can say unequivocally that its one of the most gutless cars I've ever driven. Truly don't understand your coworker.

I like it :)
Maybe it's designed more towards the european market than the us market.

Back