What have you done to your P5 today?

How are the Tribute nozzles different?

Is there a specific year of Tribute?
mine has the three little nozzles and the tribute ones look like they will spray in a flat fanned out pattern, I came across it when I was looking into the wiper delay, they are around 4usd each online. Btw I saw a comment of yours about the wiper stalk being a little pricey, I have came across a few used ones for under $20 with free shipping. as for the year I am just typing 2003 in the search. but I imagine any year of the first gen will work.

Reactions: pcb
Try to not damage your original nozzles. There were reports of the tribute nozzles not spraying the entire viewing area on the p5. I do not have them so I cant verify. So if your dont like them you can switch back. The tribute stalk however is a handy upgrade!

Try to not damage your original nozzles. There were reports of the tribute nozzles not spraying the entire viewing area on the p5. I do not have them so I cant verify. So if your dont like them you can switch back. The tribute stalk however is a handy upgrade!
I will post a little update when I get the stalk installed, grabbed a used one for $18+ free shipping.

Don't forget you can use an intermittent wiper stalk from the MPV or Mazda6 wagon/hatchback too as they have the controls for the rear window wiper.

Don't forget you can use an intermittent wiper stalk from the MPV or Mazda6 wagon/hatchback too as they have the controls for the rear window wiper.
the tribute one I grabbed has the rear as well. It was odd how it looks identical to my current one minus the delay adjust ring. I remember seeing a different steering wheel installed on a P5 but I don't remember what model they swapped from, my leather is damaged and someone looks to have raged and broken the plastic where it's supposed to release the air bag. No light on the dash, it does illuminate during POST though.

Btw I saw a comment of yours about the wiper stalk being a little pricey, I have came across a few used ones for under $20 with free shipping.

Part of the problem is paying in Canadian dollars, and free shipping usually doesn't apply to Canada.
My stalk shipped from Quebec.
I think that I paid about $40 Canadian?

My wiper stalk ended up being from a Ford Escape.
(I don't recall how I knew it would fit?)

For anyone that doesn't know,...
You can adjust the aim of your spray by sticking a needle in the nozzles and moving them.

Last edited:
You can adjust the aim of your spray by sticking a needle in the nozzles and moving them.
I tried that on my spectra that I traded for this one, I ended up worse off than before. 😂 I think I will like the spread out pattern better but I will try and save my old ones JIC. BTW I always forget you're in canada lol

I tried that on my spectra that I traded for this one, I ended up worse off than before. 😂

Yeah, it was a PITA.
It's really touchy.
It would either spray over the windshield or straight into the wiper blade with the wipers parked.

It took my about ½ an hour to finally get it spraying half decently.

Screenshot_20220208-224330_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20220208-225207_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20220208-225233_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Part of the problem is paying in Canadian dollars, and free shipping usually doesn't apply to Canada.
My stalk shipped from Quebec.
I think that I paid about $40 Canadian?

My wiper stalk ended up being from a Ford Escape.
(I don't recall how I knew it would fit?)

Yes, one from the Escape will work as well since it was a sister to the Tribute. Thanks for listing it as I forgot to mention it.

I will try and aim them, gonna raid the ladys storage bin and find that needle I used last time. Thanks for that diagram pcb! I prob wouldn't have thought about using a deep end socket to get the tabs pushed down.

Put the most miles in a single day on the p5 since I have had it, things went well and went through about a half tank on one drive. Looks like I will be looking into the knock sensor soon, getting some pinging under med load and I keep getting a p0402 without ever noticing a misfire.

got about $400 in parts coming, timing belt, valve cover gasket, spark plugs (oem copper with the v groove, thanks pcb for the recommend) sway bar bushings and a 4 pack engine/trans mount kit. Also hoping the thermostat outlet comes, had a couple failed orders where they couldn't find it so they canceled. I also have the resistors for the flickering ac light fix coming. While those ship and arrive I tried tracking down my pass floor leak but I can't get the exact leak to happen. over a one night with thundershowers I get about enough to soak a few paper towels down pooling under the ecu but that's it. nothing coming from the hvac like the stopped drains caused. Checked wheel nut torque and found two loose on one wheel from when I had a flat.

Getting awefuly close to 300,000km on the daily Sport20, pulling together a few items for a big service. At the moment it's getting new fluids and filters all round, a cambelt and water pump, new sway bar links and I need to check that rear engine mount. What else should I check/ replace?

Here's a list of things to consider inspecting or replacing.
Don't forget your fuel filter,..

Screenshot_20220226-012130_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg
Screenshot_20220226-012200_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Is 60k miles the recommended timing belt replacement interval for the FS-DE?

If it's not cold where you are but you like to rev the living snot out of your car then changing your T-belt every 100k km is a good idea.

However, people have gone over 200-250 thousand Miles on the original timing belt, and clutch too.

Last edited:
Back