What have you done to your P5 today?

thinking i might have to pick up another p5... i love my jeep but it isn't what the protege was. so the question is, do i spend half the savings i have been saving for a house down payment on a p5 and mods or do i just say **** it all and get a house in less than a year... idea's boys and girls?

miata! so cheap and fun..

Got these today will install them tomorrow hopefully.

splash_large.jpg

I love the car, but with my luck and accidents around my birthday, I think I should trade it in for something else... saw a 2008 MS3 that called out to me. Giving it a couple of days to think it over.

Just finished the rear bumper and side skirts in a black satin bumper paint. Front will take a bit longer than these, so I didn't have time today...
665678040_photobucket_59014_.jpg

Finally, fired up the KL today!

I've still got a lot of work to do though. I asked for some help in my build thread to confirm some wiring before I solder everything up for good. And I gotta finish the exhaust and a few other things. But I'm so thrilled that it finally fired up. Progress finally! :D

Congrats Evan....saw the vid in your build thread.

Hector, gotta say I'm not a fan of the painted lights. Then again I'm biased against orange/amber on cars...just don't like it. But I gotta say, that's a pretty damn good paint job you did! Oh yeah, carbon fiber mirror covers coming this week. :D

What did I do to my P5? Dropped $42.40 at Meineke this morning to get the rsb and end links removed from the car....on the bright side, no more clunk. lol

Boricua, when you reply to posts, can you edit the quote to get rid of the IMG so the pics don't post up again? Clutters up the threads. Thanks!

Re-positioned/secured the HID ballasts to my P5 and cleared up the lights to my wife's Protege today with the 3M kit:

driverballast.jpg

passengerballast.jpg

driverHLbefore.jpg

passengerHLbefore.jpg

driverHLafter.jpg

passengerHLafter.jpg

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a set of JDM Roof Racks (same as the US ones) off a buddy of mine that had them brought in from Japan, he never got around to installing them and sold his P5 recently, so they fell into my hands ;)

Now, the time has come to actually install these, but I think I have hit a wall, I have read that what I have now are known as "Canadian caps", but to me having had the US racks sitting on the caps on the car, it looks like it's missing something up near the front windscreen...

Here's some pics of what I received:

IMG_7283.jpg

IMG_7284.jpg

IMG_7285.jpg

Am I suppose to have a peice that goes in the channel that goes from the start of the roof rack to the front windscreen?!?!?

If peeps could please help me out (even with part numbers etc), that would be awesome :D

Cheers
Marc

Cleaned the inside of mine today and swapped in the summer mats, my driver-side winter mat has a 10cm by 10cm hole where my left foot rests. I'll have to get something more durable for next winter.

Also, I got to play with my bluetooth OBD dongle. It sorta works with Carman, it displays engine load and speed/RPM but that's about it. Upon doing more research it seems that those dongles all use some variant of the ELM327 interface chip (which is produced by a Canadian company :D). Sadly the version I got is a Chinese knock-off of the chip (it reports software version 1.5 but ELM has yet to produce v1.5) but it seems to work well enough.

Anyway, the cool thing about this chip is that you can talk to it over a serial console. After establishing the bluetooth connection (the pin for mine was 1234) you can use your favorite terminal application (settings: 9600 baud, 8bit, 1 stop, no parity) to issue OBDII commands. So after connecting you simply type in the PID and it gives you the raw response from the ECU.

For example, if I wanted to read my coolant temperature I'd execute the 01 05 PID:
> 0105
41 05 5A

Then using the formula (Temp = A-40) on the last byte returned we get a temperature of 50C.

You can also see other cool stuff like the current ignition timing advance using the 01 1E PID:
> 010E
41 0E AC

Using the formula we can see that my engine was running with an advance of 22, cool eh?

Back