What have you done to your P5 today?

I sell supplies to body shops, they highly reccomended this wax based PERMANENT rust proofing I sell em by the aerosol can or a paintable version. IIRC Its made by U-pol. The paintable version I heard isnt as effective bc it can trap water underneath.

I sell supplies to body shops, they highly reccomended this wax based PERMANENT rust proofing I sell em by the aerosol can or a paintable version. IIRC Its made by U-pol. The paintable version I heard isnt as effective bc it can trap water underneath.

thank you, looks like a trip to my local body shop supply store to have a chat with my buddy that works there.. stupid rust..

ya repainted complete car last year, its stored over the winter and they have to fix a rear quarter already.. thankfully the shop knows it is the guy that did the prep works fault and are fixing it at no charge..

My advice to you is get that in writing and get it done ASAP, when I purchased my Red p5 in 07 the dealer agreed to fix the rust on the rear hatch, well they kept pushing it off after I had taken delivery of the car. It took me threatening them by going to the BBB or News before they finally fixed it in Feburary 08.

My advice to you is get that in writing and get it done ASAP, when I purchased my Red p5 in 07 the dealer agreed to fix the rust on the rear hatch, well they kept pushing it off after I had taken delivery of the car. It took me threatening them by going to the BBB or News before they finally fixed it in Feburary 08.

Oh i have it in writing, they actually guarantee any of the work they do against rust. the only thing they don't cover is rock chips or if i break something. That is one of the main reasons i had that shop do the work, yes it cost more than the rest of them but i like guarantees. He also already booked the time for the repair of the panel and same time they will take a look at the other side to see what if anything needs to be done.

You found a shop that guarentees the rust repair? I thought that was unheard of? Wow, high five to you, man.

I hate rust too. :(

^ Its in NewBruswick.

In Toronto you will see "we guarantee all collision repairs" well yea they do. What they gaurantee is ur bumper wont fall off again, or the paint wont have orange peel, but to an untrained eye yea it will look good.....Rust on the other hand. HAHA. My mom got that electronic rust proof thing in 08 when she bought her G6 hasnt showed n e signs of rust. I wonder how it would work over time.. The other thing alot of people over look with rust, yea u can cover it but you have to do the inside and outside of the panel for it to be affective.

You found a shop that guarentees the rust repair? I thought that was unheard of? Wow, high five to you, man.

I hate rust too. :(

yes i did, it was guaranteed because i paid for them to cut out all of the rust in the rear quarters and replace with new metal. they also know this car never sees winter since it was painted, let alone the salt they put on the roads. They also stated the car sat outside for a bit in primer and it might have been the cause its also just surface rust for now

^ Its in NewBruswick.

In Toronto you will see "we guarantee all collision repairs" well yea they do. What they gaurantee is ur bumper wont fall off again, or the paint wont have orange peel, but to an untrained eye yea it will look good.....Rust on the other hand. HAHA. My mom got that electronic rust proof thing in 08 when she bought her G6 hasnt showed n e signs of rust. I wonder how it would work over time.. The other thing alot of people over look with rust, yea u can cover it but you have to do the inside and outside of the panel for it to be affective.

my folks have one of those rust things on both of their newer cars since day one and no signs of rust either. New Brunswick is similar to Ontario for the Collision repairs, but I had them guarantee that the rust would not come back for at least 5 years and in writing signed by the shop owner and the guy who sprayed the car.

Just replaced the resonator on the Megan Cat Back system. It was a bit too loud for me. I put a 3.5 inch glass packed resonator in it's place that was also about 6" longer. Total parts & labor $110! Only hangs 1/4" lower than the Megan, and the interior noise is almost eliminated.

aka: makin the wifey happy! LOL!

Just replaced the resonator on the Megan Cat Back system. It was a bit too loud for me. I put a 3.5 inch glass packed resonator in it's place that was also about 6" longer. Total parts & labor $110! Only hangs 1/4" lower than the Megan, and the interior noise is almost eliminated.

aka: makin the wifey happy! LOL!
I had a Megan catback, it sucked! Poor craftsmenship hangers snapped on it. Replaced it with greddy evo2

I had a Megan catback, it sucked! Poor craftsmenship hangers snapped on it. Replaced it with greddy evo2

I would have to agree with you. Even the Megan flanges are tough to get right. It's all good for now, and I have to say that I like the way the tip and muffler hang. However, with all the fitment work I put into this, I would not buy another Megan system.

I'm happy with my racing beat. Can't hear it until you put your foot down.

SS lines finally on. Oil change with 10w30 and still have valve tap. And I got rearended by an suv but no damage at all to anything but my already dislocated knee

thinking i might have to pick up another p5... i love my jeep but it isn't what the protege was. so the question is, do i spend half the savings i have been saving for a house down payment on a p5 and mods or do i just say **** it all and get a house in less than a year... idea's boys and girls?

Get the house. It will appreciate vs the P5, which will just depreciate.

Edit: On topic - I washed the P5 for the Blox show tomorrow

The Boatege5 is no more!

Installed my freshly painted sway bar with some new endlinks and bushings. No more popping sounds and cornering is fun again :D

EDIT: Oh yea, the F1 practice sessions were awesome, I'm deaf now :p

Last edited:
WP_000324.jpgWP_000326.jpg
Im sure this has been asked many times before and im apologizing in advance because I have not been able to find the answer on my own. I am spraying my tail lights with nite shades but I want to tape off the reverse light and maybe turn signal. How does everyone get that perfect circle taped? Ive never done taping like that. Pointers? How to's? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Use an exacto knife and a lot of patience. I did it. IMO it looks like ass, I thought it would look cool. I have a picture somewhere.

Edit: One of those pics is with the light taped and prepped, the other is niteshaded vs stock.

Last edited:
Back