What have you done to your P5 today?

Looks good.

..Haven't posted here in a while, but haven't done anything to the car lately.

BUT, I finished my bike ! :)

253561_235108419838298_100000174266894_1216770_1347631_n.jpg

251298_235108429838297_100000174266894_1216771_5536780_n.jpg

254340_235108449838295_100000174266894_1216772_3732941_n.jpg

(It was my project for my 1st Solidworks CAD class. Turned out well w the modifications i did. (dual exhaust, custom handlebars,custom front fascia w turning signals, remade bench, and designed the wheels and made wide chopper type tires lol )

what is a good and not.too expensive exhaust and where can i find one??

can i replace the ac comp on my beater truck and exchange valve with ou replacing the other stuff?

Why are you painting the bumpers and side skirts matte black? I are confused... Is the hole car going to be flat black?

I used a satin black bumper paint from O' Rylies. My paint is in pretty bad shape. It takes a beating here in Colorado. I like how the satin black looks on the bumpers and side skirts. Just a personal opinion I guess...

Also...now that this is done, it really highlights the terrible shape my grill is in. anyone have suggestions on a nice after market grill set?

Why on god's green earth would you go through all that trouble of taping the bumper off and wasting all that tape??? It takes like 2 minutes to pull the bumper off...lol

Why on god's green earth would you go through all that trouble of taping the bumper off and wasting all that tape??? It takes like 2 minutes to pull the bumper off...lol

It really wasn't that hard to tape...I also had a s*** load of sanding to do to eliminate the pock marks. Much easier to sand when attached to the car.

FYI...you are right, the bumper is easy to take off. I had to when I blacked the bezzles on the headlights.

Last edited:
KL powa. I actually moved it out of the garage today for the first time in a month. Yay!

Thank you. I'm pretty limited here. I just have a two car garage with a small selection of tools. I even had to rent the sander! LOL! I really dug into the bumper when sanding because of all the little pock marks. I wouldn't have been able to do it if I had pulled the bumper off. Since I sanded it attached, I had to tape the edges anyway, so I just finished it off while attached. If I had a bead blaster, or something that could strip it easier I definitely would have taken it off! (that's what she said!)

Nah, it's not too bad. I'm a body man, so I sand bumpers on almost a daily basis. Sometimes it'll be a pain when trying to sand a bumper and it's flopping around on a stand, but not too often.

Again, strokes for folks! Whatever works for you. :)

Right on! I have zero body work experience...a little after today! LOL! Some of my sanding went into the plastic, and created flaws. I wish I knew that ahead of time, but I'm happy with the results.

Back