What have you done to your MSP today?

Haha! Most likely under the rug. My dad had a Hyundai Pony back in the day and the thing rusted so bad that the rear left mount of the drivers seat broke through the floor. He's a big guy so something had to give. He just jammed a 2x4 under the seat rails and kept on driving. The benefits of Asian cars in the North American winter climate.

There's a really good thread SteathWyvern made about finding leaks in the cabin, mostly leaks from the firewall but you should check it out.

Does anyone make a urathane rear engine mount for our car that's softer than 70dm? Been thinking for a while to delete my awr as it basicaly turns the windscreen into a brutal speaker cone ripping around town.
I've had 70s in all sides and ill leave em but the rear one is pain...

Also just picked up a 2003 esgt auto for my wife. Motor splashes around a fair bit. Are there 50dm mounts available for the auto?

I'm partially tempted to back to stock and jusy replace hers with stock for the rear. All the other ones solid should prevent it tearing in the future.

i know they make inserts rated at 60duro. requires an unripped motor mount tho. or you can fill in a busted one on your own with your duro of choice

The medieval mounts I have are 62 duro and don't really shake the car all that bad. I'm used to them but they definitely are much smoother than when I first installed them.

So, got the exhaust leaks fixed... Awesome! But that MAF that I suspected bad, that after sitting started up fine and hasn't had a problem since, coded today and I can't boost without choking the car and stalling. Clear the DTC's, and it will return within 10 seconds of the engine running, which, by the way, requires me feathering the throttle. I also am coding a ckp sensor every other key cycle... I love this car, but ******' Christ!!!

It's got to be a crank sensor, but I can't monitor the G/sec on the MAF because it won't hold an idle... I've got 3 or 4 crank sensors, so I'll try that first. It's fine on initial start up, but after it get's up to operating temperature is when it starts acting up... <-- Symptom of a crank sensor getting hot, but generally, they will stall and not restart until it's cooled down again.

Last edited:
Ill look into midevil. I have the solid awr front and rear and inserts in sides. I think ill leave the front one, replace the sides with solid and pull oit the rear one. I think for the auto es just the front and side inserts prob enough.

that's what im at right now. just inserts all around except rear lol. got the rear insert just hanging around until i get around to it

It's got to be a crank sensor, but I can't monitor the G/sec on the MAF because it won't hold an idle... I've got 3 or 4 crank sensors, so I'll try that first. It's fine on initial start up, but after it get's up to operating temperature is when it starts acting up... <-- Symptom of a crank sensor getting hot, but generally, they will stall and not restart until it's cooled down again.

Bought a new MAF. Fixed.

Ill look into midevil. I have the solid awr front and rear and inserts in sides. I think ill leave the front one, replace the sides with solid and pull oit the rear one. I think for the auto es just the front and side inserts prob enough.

Medieval was a very short lived company. You're likely not going to find those ones all that easy. Nice products if you ever received what you paid for. Unfortunately, they had the same issue as Mental Addition and so many other small time companies that promised awesome parts but couldn't responsibly handle orders. A shame.

It is a shame, I lucked out and managed to get 3 engine mounts and a free lightweight PS pulley right as Medieval fell apart and disappeared. Can't complain about them either, they have worked fine without issue for over 2 years now.

I know it's a completely different platform but my car with all solid aftermarket mounts is far smoother and quieter than my buddy's Cobalt SS that I just installed all 3 solid mounts in.

So, I think my tune was compensating for having a flaky MAF. It's running way too lean in boost now that the new MAF is in. It also holds a much better idle. So, I guess I'll get back to tuning some more.

No clue yet. I just dont ever drive it anymore. It makes me sad, but it just doesnt put a smile on my face anymore so it's time to pass it on.

Top contenders right now: Miata Club edition, and if I dont feel like paying almost 30k for a miata, an MSM. I want a RWD convertible again...

Back