What have you done to your MSP today?

Made some mounts for the speedo out of solenoid brackets and powdered the valve cover. Started welding up a seat mount as well.

IMAG0990_zps1836affa.jpg

IMAG0985_zps31e7c469.jpg

I love my car because it's running great right now. All I really need is a power steering belt because I threw one, and literally picked one up off the shop floor and measured it and it just happened to fit on my car and it's been that way for 2 weeks now. I have my AFRs in the low 11's until 5k+ at WOT it starts leaning out. If I could get my AFRs around 12 throughout the entire RPM range, I'd be extremely happy and I'm sure it would make all the difference in the world. When (If) I take the time to tune it and get my AFRs around that, I'll dyno it. To be honest, I kind of don't want to dyno it because I'll look at the numbers and compare them to the money I spent on the car. It's fun, it's my toy, but I'd like to get close to 300whp. I just don't think I will. If I wasn't still on the GT25, and upgraded to a 28, it'd be more likely.

Got an evo from a 60 to 70mph roll. It was fun.

We're all frozen up here in the north so we can't work on our cars. See you in April when we thaw out.

I swapped the snows from #2187 to #590, now #590 is my full daily driver and #2187 gets parked until it sells. The JB Weld Water Weld appears to have fixed the gas leaking up the fuel pump screws. No fuel smell after filling the tank all the way up and driving it three days in a row. Good news that I don't have to replace the gas tank. Still need a new WGA though.

There is a 2 hour school delay... For rain... That might turn to sleet... The teachers are just trying to use the remaining "snow" days that they'd otherwise just lose.

We have had 7 late start/snow days in Austin this year and it has iced over 2 times so far which is a blizzard in these parts.

I love how the last 4 posts in the MSP, "What have you done to your MSP" subforum have been about weather.

Better than everybody bitching about how the msp is a dead platform and saying they want to trade up.

It's going to be a cult car pretty soon owned and sought after by guys in there mid to late 30's. Just my prediction.

mid-20's for me lol. but like everyone ive gone through my I hate but love my msp phase.

give it about 5 years, that's when this car was brand new and those guys were 15-22 age range and might have some disposable income for a toy now.

Last edited:
Been there done that!!!!!! I will never get rid of the car.......love/hate relationship for damn sure! Love it when it is running right and hate it when I have to fix something......

I love my MSP and hardly ever hate it. Yesterday the weather threw off the tune and it ran funny but still felt strong as ever. But I completely agree I think if I hold on to this car for a few more years we will see the value of clean examples start to come back up. Given that there weren't many built to begin with and all the cars that haven't survived part outs and blown motors/transaxles.

1st post...

What did I do to my MSP today?

Don't have one yet, but agreed to buy evilMonkeyMSP's ! cuz it's blue and I just gotta have it.

Booking flight to FL to go buy it. This is going to be an adventure.

(I own a 2002ES winter/salt car and 3 to 5 miatas depending how you count them.

Anyway, GOOD TO BE HERE and hope to be as big a PITA as I can.

1st post...

What did I do to my MSP today?

Don't have one yet, but agreed to buy evilMonkeyMSP's ! cuz it's blue and I just gotta have it.

Booking flight to FL to go buy it. This is going to be an adventure.

(I own a 2002ES winter/salt car and 3 to 5 miatas depending how you count them.

Anyway, GOOD TO BE HERE and hope to be as big a PITA as I can.

Welcome, you are getting a great car

Back