What have you done to your MSP today?

Sounds like you need a spacer...

So today I pushed my car out of the garage so I could put another car in there.

fGMr62t.jpg

ugh

Houston we have a problem (bang)

So I need a new oil pan, mine is weeping oil out of a few spots that are corroded with rust. Last night I attempted to pull off the J-pipe. Used MAP gas to heat up the flange, snapped one stud, got one nut off, and the third stud came out completely. I tried to get the front stud out with two nuts locked together, and snapped it off as well.

Any tips how to get the broken studs out of the S-pipe, other than take it to a shop? Or should I just not bother and take it to a shop any ways?

yeah i figure, but if it's remotely close.... i might have to pull the trigger. sick of having to fix it and invest $$ left and right, i want something i can drive and not have to work on weekly.

I honestly thought the 2012 WRX I test drove felt flacid and uninspiring in comparisson to the MS3...

If I didn't have the Colt Vista but had the 5k I'm investing in the Vista as throw around cash, I'd offer you the 5k right now. Unfortunately, 3k has already been spent. :)

I honestly thought the 2012 WRX I test drove felt flacid and uninspiring in comparisson to the MS3...

if the pre-2010 MS3 came in a sedan then that would be an option for me... not a fan of the pikachu face and i never liked hatchbacks... my option #2 is an audi S4, #3 is a genesis coupe

are we talking a new s4 or used?

used 2010 w/ 35,000 mi.... great price. a little more than i'm looking to spend, but i'm gonna drive both obviously. the 2012 wrx i'm looking at only has 2,000 mi and is flawless. i've driven the 12 STI before and lovedddddd it. so we'll see.

If you get the Audi, make sure they are giving you or you get an extended warranty.

Because German.

used 2010 w/ 35,000 mi.... great price. a little more than i'm looking to spend, but i'm gonna drive both obviously. the 2012 wrx i'm looking at only has 2,000 mi and is flawless. i've driven the 12 STI before and lovedddddd it. so we'll see.

When I was in the market post MSP my three choices were: 2009 MINI Cooper JCW, 2009 Audi A4 Quattro, or 2009 Tacoma X-Runner. Clearly, I went X-Runner but I sort of always wished I'd have gone for the Audi because I'd still have it today and also because they look sexy.

Of course, you're talking S4 which is even better. IMHO, the only good looking Subies are the first gens and the 2004-ish ones before the facelift made it look like a Saab.

Back