What have you done to your MS3 today?

It's too bad that it's a little slow here but I try and stay away from msf. Ban me? F that place.
they banned me for three days. but it was very nice banning. every site offers some value.

pricing an exhaust mani to add to the turbo swappage.
while you are in there ! Right?
then the whole shebang from motor on out will be done. Tubular manifold CS turbo and CS TBE with HF cat. done. tune and run for awhile
then move back to the intake side. maybe later this summer depending on how life goes

Ditched the JBR RSb for a Hotchkis, and Installed the new IE pump internals in hopes to run 100% E.
wish i had known . i ditched my hotchkis and its sitting in the garage somewhere.
pump internals should be the first mod when modding. who knew?

wish i had known . i ditched my hotchkis and its sitting in the garage somewhere.
pump internals should be the first mod when modding. who knew?

I already have had kmd v3 internals for over 50k miles. These new ones supposedly will allow 100% ethanol.

I already have had kmd v3 internals for over 50k miles. These new ones supposedly will allow 100% ethanol.
I have the more recent CS internals. My tuner loves e85 and wants to run meth. but first i must replace that k04
thing about ethanol is the gas mileage is so bad. aren't our tanks like 12 or 13 gallons?

did i mention one of my injector seals is weeping too.
thats a concern. already replaced one of them.
i had problems with the fuel pump early on and used the recall notice. the car ran fine for a couple years till i got into more aggressive maps.

whats the BSD advantage i have a kit lying around too, from when i bought the windage tray. Maybe from PTP? but that was a long time ago. should i be doing that too?

CS pulley set arrived.sitting next to turbo. Exhaust manifold and wrap here now. 3.5 tip and sri on the way with a six pack of Royal purple map sensor , K&N filter.
should be bleeding from the knuckles byFriday!
Happy July fourth everyone!

CS pulley set arrived.sitting next to turbo. Exhaust manifold and wrap here now. 3.5 tip and sri on the way with a six pack of Royal purple map sensor , K&N filter.
should be bleeding from the knuckles byFriday!
Happy July fourth everyone!

Hey let me know about those pulley's. I know when they first came out a while ago people were having problems. But I know they've been revised and CS is the only one doing them so I would love to get a set if this revised addition does well. Update for me had a tire blow out on my Cx-5 this past weekend putting me into a concrete barrier. So far $10,000 in damage so not totaled yet, but not having it has forced me to let a dealership do my VVT replacement on the Speed :(. So hoping that goes well and will have it back by Monday.

I have replaced my idler pulley with oem 2 times since purchase. The bearings go and i can hear mine going again. so since i have to take the belt off to install the jmf intake manifold to replace the injector seals. again. Might as well while i am in there. And I thought the price is close enough to warrant the upgrade. I wont be able to give a report though. Unless something is seriously wrong.
but they sure are pretty. a high quality finish and seem to be very nice sealed bearings. i hope to have some pictures in a month or two. if i can get it running again. thats always the x factor when i work on cars. when i pull the cute little braille 17 friday put in on trickle , and then let the ecm try to recall its childhood, i have thrown caution out the window. so my excuse was i need them. those pulley needed replacement . if they look purty thats cool. if the idler and tensioner dont get all clicky clicky then i will call it a win win

Yea, they definitely look great from what I've seen. How do you like the braille? I considered it, but just haven't heard to many people using them on daily driven cars. I'm assuming that's because they shouldn't be used for daily drivers? Haha I hear you. Once I get it back from the stealership and everything is ok and I get the dad mobile back if they don't total it, I decided I'm going to fix the hack job the previous owner did on the wheel wells and trunk and just plasti-dip the speed. I'll still have to install the HPFP internals and new recirc tube, but i think I sweet talked the service lady to have them throw on my bsd and oil baffle for free if they take my oil pan off. Then onto suspension. Couple auto-crosses coming up and i want to take it down to VIR Speedway.

Yea, they definitely look great from what I've seen. How do you like the braille? I considered it, but just haven't heard to many people using them on daily driven cars. I'm assuming that's because they shouldn't be used for daily drivers? Haha I hear you. Once I get it back from the stealership and everything is ok and I get the dad mobile back if they don't total it, I decided I'm going to fix the hack job the previous owner did on the wheel wells and trunk and just plasti-dip the speed. I'll still have to install the HPFP internals and new recirc tube, but i think I sweet talked the service lady to have them throw on my bsd and oil baffle for free if they take my oil pan off. Then onto suspension. Couple auto-crosses coming up and i want to take it down to VIR Speedway.
i had the 11lb braille but that one got dicked up when the car was at the dealership for VVT repair. I told them to keep it on charge but they did not, so that sucked.
Bought the 17. had it two years and pull it winters.
I do need to charge it if the car sits a couple weeks..
But for someone like me it works fine. tiny little bugger and can mount upside down if you want. i would not recommend unless you are getting a bit hard core. like track days switch it in. The stocker i believe weighed in at 42 lbs. so i did not even bother putting it in the trunk.

Good luck with the insurance!! hope it turns out as you wish. and of course pm me about anything at at all.
have my exhaust manifold on the kitchen table. so pretty.
this weekend should be fun!
I am gettin it washed tomorrow morning than the work begins.
Big day for me.
ps i took a fellow worker out for a ride.
he has a lightly modded C6 vette. that he 'says" is around 450 hp.

he said two things.
This car is definitely faster than mine.
and how can you drift a little four cylinder like that.
i never told him we never saw the full 21 lbs of boost.
lol.
i will take the compliments because i think the car runs like poop with blown injector seal
everyone enjoy the Holiday weekend with Family and Friends !!
Eric

since i needed a break , i will keep the thread alive.
Battery , and tray, ECM out.
Hood off. Mazdaspeed CAI out and ready for selling soon.
Turbo heat shield and bracket out. sprayed studs for exh mani and turbo flanges. removed turbo side of CP-e FMIC.
I am jumping around a bit but i expect to finish the turbo and exhaust side first.
i think i am going to go for the egr delete block off plate. Since i am replacing the stock exhaust manifold

Any recommends or pros and cons?
i think next today i am going to remove the power steering fluid reservoir and also the Coolant tank. then get ready to remove the topspeed passenger motor mount.
then bbq.
tomorrow spend time with grandson , 5 months, enjoy the good weather and then work on those exhaust and turbo studs.

Thinking hard about doing some air ducting for front brakes and the SRI that's coming. removed all the old plumbing for the TMIC ram air stuff and going to shim the rear of the hood to let some hot air out, and let me peek at the sweet exhaust header that silverspeed3 sold me. should be interesting to see the condition of the reworked k04 turbo. i would swear the impeller was running against the housing at start up!

I feel like this is a dead thread and we are the only two left on here sadly.
yep is you and me left to save it.

today I removed the cowling and wipers. i may not put them back on excepting inspections. thats what rain x is for.
removed whiteline tower brace as i am pulling the turbo from the top again.

I have a very early version of the Corksport divorced downpipe. there is one stud that drives me nuts. cant a get a socket or a gear wrench on it. its one of those 1/4 turn at a time sons a bitches.
bear in mind you are reaching up and in there while laying under the car.
after doing this like ten times in my life i am starting to hate it. every other stud is cake. this one takes me a half an hour and you still have to remove the exh manifold anyways to pull the turbo.
I think mazda designed it to remove the alternator first to remove the downpipe anyways.
sucks really . anyone who know a better way i am all ears!
happy fourth blackmsp003

I am still interested to hear of your progress.
well i BBQ'd some beef short ribs and they turned out awesome!
today i expect to grill some bone in chicken breast that have been marinating. i will add some seasoning and slow cook with some hickory chips.

and i think its the exhaust manifold studs next.
as i go i am trying to clean up the engine bay. the car is eight years old after all! although it has not seen winters some of the bolts have oxidized and and i would like a good scrubbing while its opened up. Maybe i will redo some of the wire harness looms and little details like that. if i can tidy it up along the way all the better.
Like i may have mentioned , this is going to take me quite awhile. the more i see the more i want to do.
"while you are in there " kinda stuff!

nice to not be in a hurry, kind of an mental spiritual exercise. Patience and thoroughness.
i say that now. lets see my state of mind when i am putting stuff back together!!

But i will keep writing notes as it helps me stay organized . i should load some pictures

another beautiful day. perfect Holiday weekend

I'm new here, been on msf almost two weeks. Bought my ms3 about the same. Today I walked out my apartment to find landscape laborer flinging grass, dirt, and rocks all up onto my car. I flipped out, management says her employees would never do that and the cracked tail light and scratches were already there. Well anyway I was headed to my tint appointment otherwise I wouldn't have caught the guy in the act. All in all busy day, tint, detailed after, and researched some stuff.

Yes it's my first post, I couldn't find a noob area and although I'm new here I'm definetly not a forum noob ;)

I'm new here, been on msf almost two weeks. Bought my ms3 about the same. Today I walked out my apartment to find landscape laborer flinging grass, dirt, and rocks all up onto my car. I flipped out, management says her employees would never do that and the cracked tail light and scratches were already there. Well anyway I was headed to my tint appointment otherwise I wouldn't have caught the guy in the act. All in all busy day, tint, detailed after, and researched some stuff.

Yes it's my first post, I couldn't find a noob area and although I'm new here I'm definetly not a forum noob ;)
welcome to the Forums. seems you are getting broke in already.
3rd week of having my car found a shopping cart slammed into my rear bumper. 5 minutes and no cars around. !
we grit our teeth and build cahracter

I have a very early version of the Corksport divorced downpipe. there is one stud that drives me nuts. cant a get a socket or a gear wrench on it. its one of those 1/4 turn at a time sons a bitches.
bear in mind you are reaching up and in there while laying under the car.
after doing this like ten times in my life i am starting to hate it. every other stud is cake. this one takes me a half an hour and you still have to remove the exh manifold anyways to pull the turbo.
I think mazda designed it to remove the alternator first to remove the downpipe anyways.
sucks really . anyone who know a better way i am all ears!
happy fourth blackmsp003

Thanks. Hope you had a good 4th. So update on my car... Looks like it's going in the garage for a while and will be getting a new motor. :/. Got the call Monday from the shop and told me looked like the VVT was actually recently replaced and come to find out either 3rd or 4th cylinder bearings are bad. They said they could try to repair it but until they tore the motor down wouldn't be able to tell me the extent of damage or cost and just recommended a new motor to save money. Not the news I wanted. So now to decide on a remanufactured motor, Cp-E or take the risk of them tearing down to attempt to fix it. If I had more money, time, knowledge, and a better garage plus all the tools, I would attempt to take the motor apart and check myself.

Yeah owning the MS3 has me skittish than any car I've owned before. When I had my RX7 I never worried about a thing because everywhere I went people drooled over it so no one wanted to hurt it. Besides when they heard that V8 rumble they were kinda shocked (nevermind the fact no one could keep up with it). Today I caught myself parking almost 1/8 mile from store to avoid carts, lol my daughter was mad because we had to walk so far (she is three and I'm a stay at home parent). I'm going out in a few hours to get some pics.

Blackmsp003??? Where the heck is Clayton? I'm in Newark and I've seen a few MS3s around Delaware lately. Example I seen a black one at sound of tristate and another black one in Newport.

Last edited:
Back