What have you done to your MS3 today?

Thanks. Hope you had a good 4th. So update on my car... Looks like it's going in the garage for a while and will be getting a new motor. :/. Got the call Monday from the shop and told me looked like the VVT was actually recently replaced and come to find out either 3rd or 4th cylinder bearings are bad. They said they could try to repair it but until they tore the motor down wouldn't be able to tell me the extent of damage or cost and just recommended a new motor to save money. Not the news I wanted. So now to decide on a remanufactured motor, Cp-E or take the risk of them tearing down to attempt to fix it. If I had more money, time, knowledge, and a better garage plus all the tools, I would attempt to take the motor apart and check myself.
I have searched for junkyard motors to re build. There are finally enough of them that the price is not too bad.

If i had my wishes i would buy a seriously built motor to drop in.
something bulletproof. I look at those CP-e offerings and just drool.
Time and money always a balancing act. Skills we can learn.
Let us know which way you turn.
I have some parts lying about if you need some stuff whether its stock stuff or one of the upgrades i have upgraded again!

Yeah owning the MS3 has me skittish than any car I've owned before. When I had my RX7 I never worried about a thing because everywhere I went people drooled over it so no one wanted to hurt it. Besides when they heard that V8 rumble they were kinda shocked (nevermind the fact no one could keep up with it). Today I caught myself parking almost 1/8 mile from store to avoid carts, lol my daughter was mad because we had to walk so far (she is three and I'm a stay at home parent). I'm going out in a few hours to get some pics.

Blackmsp003??? Where the heck is Clayton? I'm in Newark and I've seen a few MS3s around Delaware lately. Example I seen a black one at sound of tristate and another black one in Newport.

Haha it's about 30 minutes north of Newark, but I actually work in Newark though. I use to live in Newport but had a Cosmic 2008 then. What color is yours?

Ericrapp I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer to see if they are going to do anything. You aren't joking I keep staring at the Cp and really want one even a stage one. But money is tight though I keep using the reasoning if I'm pulling it out already I mean would just be a shame to put another reman stock one back in. Lol. I actually just got my old job back as a second job to help get this thing back on the road asap. I need to get my Mx-3 an exhaust and tagged. Not a lot of aftermarket support for it, so going to a local exhaust shop for a quote Monday or I'll just go factory.

Haha it's about 30 minutes north of Newark, but I actually work in Newark though. I use to live in Newport but had a Cosmic 2008 then. What color is yours?

Ericrapp I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer to see if they are going to do anything. You aren't joking I keep staring at the Cp and really want one even a stage one. But money is tight though I keep using the reasoning if I'm pulling it out already I mean would just be a shame to put another reman stock one back in. Lol. I actually just got my old job back as a second job to help get this thing back on the road asap. I need to get my Mx-3 an exhaust and tagged. Not a lot of aftermarket support for it, so going to a local exhaust shop for a quote Monday or I'll just go factory.
Its not fair! you have two cool cars!!
Good luck with the dealer ; )

Haha. Sadly the Mx-3 gets barely any recognition, but I had one a while back and loved it so picked it up 216,000 miles and runs. . Just have to get an exhaust for it and struts. Maybe low power, but it still puts a smile on my face and that's all that matters.

I'm in Newark as well, well pike creek. My previous cars are numerous but most notable was my LS1/t56/8.8 SA22c, a Saturn SC with gt2863rs :) and my crappy Lexus SC400. My MS3 is not getting a custom touch for a long while but some basics will happen, I'm attaching pics for you. I'm really trying to go to meets and such as I've always been active with my builds and helping others. Best way to recognize me is the 2-slow front plate and the Klingon decal on back window. I also added a pic of the SA22c :)

Oh today I debadge the mazdaspeed 3 emblems and dealer stickers. Got tint early in the week so can't wait to roll windows down lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 161
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    972.4 KB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 154
I can die a happy man now lol. I love my job!! One of my guest just let me drive his Audi TT RS. Think I might have to convert!! I thought he was joking or gonna say around the parking lot. But we took it on the highway and he told me to punch it then coming back into work we have a curvy drive into my job and he told me to go ahead and go for it. I can not stop smiling and can honestly say that was life changing. It's good to see no matter what in this world there are some great and awesome people especially in the car world.

I can die a happy man now lol. I love my job!! One of my guest just let me drive his Audi TT RS. Think I might have to convert!! I thought he was joking or gonna say around the parking lot. But we took it on the highway and he told me to punch it then coming back into work we have a curvy drive into my job and he told me to go ahead and go for it. I can not stop smiling and can honestly say that was life changing. It's good to see no matter what in this world there are some great and awesome people especially in the car world.
Damn that RS badge! if only it was an S. maybe we could have saved you from
those germans and their engineering

I'm in Newark as well, well pike creek. My previous cars are numerous but most notable was my LS1/t56/8.8 SA22c, a Saturn SC with gt2863rs :) and my crappy Lexus SC400. My MS3 is not getting a custom touch for a long while but some basics will happen, I'm attaching pics for you. I'm really trying to go to meets and such as I've always been active with my builds and helping others. Best way to recognize me is the 2-slow front plate and the Klingon decal on back window. I also added a pic of the SA22c :)

Oh today I debadge the mazdaspeed 3 emblems and dealer stickers. Got tint early in the week so can't wait to roll windows down lol
Willkommen!

Haha tell me about it. I thought the guy was joking. I was like noo way or he'd take me for a ride and drive. NOPE. Gave me the keys and walked away and was like I'll be waiting outside!

Turned 100,000 on the way home and never been to the dealer for one problem. Car is 2008.5 Speed3 best car I ever owned, still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.

Turned 100,000 on the way home and never been to the dealer for one problem. Car is 2008.5 Speed3 best car I ever owned, still puts a smile on my face every time I drive it.
You should have had two dealer visits: a recall for the wiper motor ground and a TSB for the radio.

cannot upload my pictures : (
Turbo , exhaust manifold egr valve out of the car. next going to peek inside the combustion chamber and look at cleaning some carbon out.

Well decided to let the dealer dig deeper into the motor to try to find the route of the stupid noise before I buy the new motor. Still saving up for it in case of worst case scenario. So looks like no auto-crosses or track days for me this summer unless... I take the rental haha. But gotta love 100 work weeks. Also should have the Cx-5 back in another 3 weeks. So much for getting lucky and having it totaled and the 30 day fix I was told. By then will be almost 3 months. Smh.

Well decided to let the dealer dig deeper into the motor to try to find the route of the stupid noise before I buy the new motor. Still saving up for it in case of worst case scenario. So looks like no auto-crosses or track days for me this summer unless... I take the rental haha. But gotta love 100 work weeks. Also should have the Cx-5 back in another 3 weeks. So much for getting lucky and having it totaled and the 30 day fix I was told. By then will be almost 3 months. Smh.
what exactly is the noise again ?

cannot upload my pictures : (
Turbo , exhaust manifold egr valve out of the car. next going to peek inside the combustion chamber and look at cleaning some carbon out.
Get a PhotoBucket account. Here's my Ram towing more than my Speed 3 weighs. :D

how many yards is that? looks like you have your work cut out for you with all that topsoil.
on the other forum i just load pics up as an attachment.(argh)

how many yards is that? looks like you have your work cut out for you with all that topsoil.
on the other forum i just load pics up as an attachment.(argh)
Oops, I thought I answered this last night. That's two yards of VERY wet topsoil. Probably 4,000#+. The trailer's about 850#.

Back