What have you done to your MS3 today?

Just got done with everything about an hour and a half ago. Passenger side didn't take very long. Driver's side took much longer. All in all, it was a fun experience and since I haven't driven it far I can't comment on vibes but from the 15 feet I drove it into the garage, they are noticeable lol. Wes took some pics and he'll be sending them to me tomorrow so you'll all have some really nice pictures.

I also changed the oil, filter and put HID's in on my girlfriend's 6. She's not into cars at all but the stock halogen projectors suck dick for money when it comes to light output. I'll post up a pic of that too later. Just thought I'd give you guys an update.

Alright, it took a little while to post everything up since I haven't been on the computer all day today but pics of everything are up in my build thread. I don't want to post all of them here since there's a bunch and it would take up a bunch of space so you guys can head over to my thread.

The mounts are absolutely awesome. The car feels so much better now. Shifts are a million times better and the whole feel is as well.

I also installed my Hotchkis sway bar that I got from Pablo but haven't really been able to test it out too much yet.

If you guys have any questions, let me know.

Never ceases to amaze how bad ppl actually park. For me, it would take more energy to park like this instead of parking correctly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

btw....i parked my car first. And its basically a straight shot from the main road, its not like the guy had a difficult angle to get his truck in the lines. Perhaps i give too much leeway by parking up against the curb like that?

I've got the same prob. I hug that curb when I Park so I have the WHOLE space! Apparently we don't know the rules, or there's some unknown parking clause.

So with the new motor mounts when I let off the gas and coast in any gear, the car starts vibrating a bunch. Its like it's hitting the resonant frequency of the car or something. Is this normal?

Stiffer mount means more vibrations. Comes with the territory of "give and take"

so, if you think of it in black and white you can either hate shifting with a smooth car or love shifting with a vibrating car.

You can somewhat alieviate your vibes by getting a tuner that allows you to up the idle rpms, although that will really only help your idle vibrations. You can also just wait a little longer for it to break in before you go changing it back to stock

just wait till you use your ac or put your defroster on

The vibes are nothing new to me. I had 88 euro front and rear urethane mounts on my p5 and similar side ones and that was super vibey. This is a bit different. Ill try to get some video and explain it better after work.

Stiffer mount means more vibrations. Comes with the territory of "give and take"

so, if you think of it in black and white you can either hate shifting with a smooth car or love shifting with a vibrating car.

You can somewhat alieviate your vibes by getting a tuner that allows you to up the idle rpms, although that will really only help your idle vibrations. You can also just wait a little longer for it to break in before you go changing it back to stock

just wait till you use your ac or put your defroster on

Using the AC at idle gives a nice amount of vibes with my cpe 75 duro. The girlfriend seems to like it? (shrug)

So fish, you have any of that stuff from your P5? My son just picked one up last week.

So far we have replaced or repaired:
both O2 sensors
all brake pads
valve cover gasket
cleaned/cleared up the headlights
cleaned/painted shift surround
installed MSP shifter (almost 2" shorter)
installed vintage kartboy shift knob.

last 2 items courtesy of griswold from this forum. Thanks man

Is it like when your car almost dies due to low idle, shakes?

Yea kind of like that but at a high frequency. This kind of thing is very hard to explain in words haha.

So fish, you have any of that stuff from your P5? My son just picked one up last week.

So far we have replaced or repaired:
both O2 sensors
all brake pads
valve cover gasket
cleaned/cleared up the headlights
cleaned/painted shift surround
installed MSP shifter (almost 2" shorter)
installed vintage kartboy shift knob.

last 2 items courtesy of griswold from this forum. Thanks man

No sorry I don't have any of my old stuff. If you have any questions or anything I'm more than happy to help.

Ivan, I think everything is okay... I just have the rear engine mount (TRZ dogbone Poly) and I know exactly what you feel. Accelerating in first gear, the car is so "planted" that it rumbles as if it will explode. And coasting in neutral and coming to a stop (i.e., 15 mph down to 0 mph) it feels as if my car is going to stall.

I'm sure you experience this times ten since you have a full mount kit! Or maybe I'm just crazy-talking...

Installed my HyperTech just now, removed the 1-2 gear boost restrictions, set it for my cp-e CAI, upped the RPM +200. Took it for a spin.

Awesome.

07MS3

whats up guys i need some help on finding out whats wrong with my car i took my car to a mechanic to see if i have a bad motor mount because my engine is really rocking back and forth and i am getting this click noise when i let up off the gas and step on the gas any ideas on what it is i know a motor mount for sure but noise wise what could be making the noise they told me that the motor mounts are good but i thought to myself this dickhead doesnt know what he is talking about its not suppose to rock like that lol

youknowtheymakepunctuationforareasonright

It's probably your transmission mount. Mine did the same thing and it wasn't broken, just wore out the bushing. Replace with a good aftermarket transmission mount.

Holy run-on....

What Rotus said though on the tranny mount.

Back