What have you done to your Miata today?

Cain pick y'all's brains?trying to figure what's up with the Miata.

I can get it to start, but it's slow to start.

Normal operation: turn key to on, within a second, doors lock and fuel pump sounds like it primes. Once it stops priming, turn key to start amd it comes to life.

Currently: turn key to on, nothing happens or 5-10 seconds then something clicks and then the doors lock and fuel pump primes then its normal.

Does this sound like a relay going bad? Or something else?

I'd guess the relay. Sounds like either the contacts inside may be going bad or dirty. Dirty isn't too hard to do with 12VDC not having enough punch to keep the contacts clean.

I feel like an idiot...

I pulled and checked every fuse and relay and they're all fine.

I open my center console to see if the ECU keypad will tell me. Anything..........and it's semi-plugged in.........jolted loose from the accident.

I reconnected it, tried the car and it fires up immediately consistently now.

Guess the ecu was trying to start but it wouldn't because of the keypad

Finally made it home. Drooled over all my bits and pieces, tonight is couple time but tomorrow will be in the garage. Have to get the 8 deflooded first, then on to the Miata.

Finally got my failed slave cylinder swapped out for a new one.

Still have parts to install, but ran out of daylight.

Nice! We (my friend john and josh) actually did my slave and master today while Ty(MX-P5) and I did my headlights
John Stuck a 15x7 with a 225/45 Race slick on it while I wasnt looking. Fitment was actually pretty dang perfect. I likes and think I am going to get black wheels now.
6B7A8F35-E3BE-43EB-9F5C-B653929A6DD7-6963-000006A5645D5D7C.jpg

Me gusta

And while Andrew and I were doing headlights, John and josh were putting the suspensions on my car

20121215_170239_zpsbac0a427.jpg

20121215_170434_zpsf0ad6b3c.jpg

Drove her in the rain and had a blast. Ended up with only the FM dual muffler on, it drones a bit but I'll reserve judgement until I have the complete setup installed. Embraced my inner child and blasted it in third through an underpass while out and about just to hear the glorious noise. Got a thumbs up from two guys in an older Civic hatch. Life is good.

Drove her in the rain and had a blast. Ended up with only the FM dual muffler on, it drones a bit but I'll reserve judgement until I have the complete setup installed. Embraced my inner child and blasted it in third through an underpass while out and about just to hear the glorious noise. Got a thumbs up from two guys in an older Civic hatch. Life is good.

I want to put the insurance back on mine just to blast it down the street, but with the rust that started, I'd rather not risk it. Salt's already on the streets.

Whoops never posted here.
Got my lip/installed it
8326853643_0c4dc51166_c.jpg

And last night my throwout bearing starting being a turd again. So I said screw it and ordered a FM happy clutch meal

very nice, great success (2thumbs)

I checked to see if mine was still in the garage, plan to order some parts next month to get ready for next season: ported\rebuilt turbo, roll bar, harness bar, seat, 5 point harness, motor & diff mounts, FM sway bars

Back